TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tranny & differential fluid upgrade

Today, I did a fluid change on my manual trans and my differential !! I changed over to Royal purple and added a drain plug to differential cover for faster service. In the trans I used their manual trans fluid not the transmission fluid that ford recommends.

Nice work Racer. I'm running RedLine 75W140 synthetic gear oil in the rear end and RedLine D4ATF synthetic trans fluid in my transmission.

I JUST changed over to the synthetic in the diff and now I'm swapping the gears out again next week! So now I've got to buy that stuff all over again. <_<

Ken

Nice work Racer. I'm running RedLine 75W140 synthetic gear oil in the rear end and RedLine D4ATF synthetic trans fluid in my transmission.

I JUST changed over to the synthetic in the diff and now I'm swapping the gears out again next week! So now I've got to buy that stuff all over again. <_<

Ken

Thanks Ken !! I never heard of Redline oil?? The royalpurple manual trans fluid is not like ATF fluid it more towards gear oil but thinner !! I love the smell of it so I used it like colgne and look what I went home with!!!! :drool::shift:

post-18733-1246809548_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1246809548_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ken !! I never heard of Redline oil?? The royalpurple manual trans fluid is not like ATF fluid it more towards gear oil but thinner !! I love the smell of it so I used it like colgne and look what I went home with!!!! :drool::shift:

I knew there was a good reason to use Royal Purple!

Archived