TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have you been here?

Shelby101

Well I started my car at 6:50 this morning to go to a car meet.

Turned it off in the driveway for a minute while I went in the house to get my phone.

When I came out the neighbor from across the street was standing "IN MY GARAGE"

and proceeded to bitch at me for how loud my car is.

Hell it has the 50 state legal exhaust that Shelby puts on with the suer snake package.

She, and note it was the wife, said I do this all the time. I start it to go places, I start it and back it out to wash it and it is damn annoying.

She said I do it constantly.

I pointed out I was in Auystralia and Bangkok for 3 weeks and wanted to know who had been driving it. If she would provide the name I would have the person arrested for theft as I lock the keys up when I am gone.

She got more pissed and accused me of reporting her boat to the cops???

I think the woman is psyco?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that it was a nice day other than the rain.

Turned it off in the driveway for a minute while I went in the house to get my phone.

Hell it has the 50 state legal exhaust that Shelby puts on with the suer snake package.

She, and note it was the wife, said I do this all the time. I start it to go places, I start it and back it out to wash it and it is damn annoying.

I pointed out I was in Auystralia and Bangkok for 3 weeks and wanted to know who had been driving it. If she would provide the name I would have the person arrested for theft as I lock the keys up when I am gone.

Sounds to me like you need to have friends meet at your house before you go to shows or just come over to compare exhaust tones :hysterical:

Perhaps bring the local Cobra club over .

Then she would realize how quiet mine is :hysterical:

I just couldn't beleive she walked over in her PJ's just to bitch.

She should have put the pillow over her head and gone back to sleep.

Gee maybe I should sell the car since my neighbor doesn't like it???

Hell No it won't go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would make sure I'm in first gear with RPM's high everytime I passed her house, and depending on how ling your driveway is, do a burnout in it....I have a neighbor who is a busybody and didn't like my Harleys, so I made sure when she was out gardening, I always did a short burnout (my driveway is 200' long)....I love stiring the pot... :hysterical:

I'd take the biblical approach. Buy her a box of chocolates and personally deliver them with a card expressing your concern that the car is 50 state legal and that if it wern't a factory option from Shelby that you would take it off and put something much quiter. Unfortunately, if you were to do this, it would cause your very rare car to be stricken from the Shelby registry, which is not an option.

If that doesn't work, start taking your dog for a walk every day and have them shit in her yard.

I would report her tresspassing and loud mouth to the cops........... :hysterical:

There is somewhat of a fine line here. My initial reaction would be to tell her to go F*** herself and to get the hell off my property. However, were I to do this, my wife would freak out! <_< Knowing me, I would go out of my way to be obnoxious and do it again!

I'd take the biblical approach. Buy her a box of chocolates and personally deliver them with a card expressing your concern that the car is 50 state legal and that if it wern't a factory option from Shelby that you would take it off and put something much quiter. Unfortunately, if you were to do this, it would cause your very rare car to be stricken from the Shelby registry, which is not an option.

If that doesn't work, start taking your dog for a walk every day and have them shit in her yard.

Love it. Make sure your dog had chili the night before.

Tom

Yeah, I got one of those....she is from California, and even though I have always taken the high road...just just kept getting worse. It finally escalated to the point she told me that things like this wouldn't happen where she's from. I told her this isnt California, and I haven't tried to annoy her with anything I had done. ...Yet

I went out and bought the biggest, loudest most obnoxious wind chimes I could find. I had them up for a week and then took them down. She hasn't had any problems since.....

Yeah, I got one of those....she is from California, and even though I have always taken the high road...just just kept getting worse. It finally escalated to the point she told me that things like this wouldn't happen where she's from. I told her this isnt California, and I haven't tried to annoy her with anything I had done. ...Yet

I went out and bought the biggest, loudest most obnoxious wind chimes I could find. I had them up for a week and then took them down. She hasn't had any problems since.....

She never lived near my house then! :hysterical:

Next time I'm in SA, I'll come and visit. :-)

All worthy advise.

I have told the few people who stopped at my house and they all rev'd their engines as they were leaving, even the honda accord.

So if anyone gets near Naperville, please stop by so I can listen to various exhaust systems :happy feet: :happy feet:

I must say that reading all these put a few smiles on my face.

GREAT IDEAS

Shelby101

Hell you live in Naperville!!! What did you expect? :finger: Just messing with you! I've got the KR mufflers and I have not had 1 complaint (I do the same thing, about 6 AM I start her up and move her onto the street as I'm repositioning my other cars before heading off to work) but maybe it's because my Shelby is much quieter than my Harley!!! :hysterical: Hey maybe she just wants a ride!!! Or you could buy her some ear plugs!!! Good luck!!

Mike

Hmmm, one of those types of neighbors :lurk: .....yeah, I just keep mine in first gear and in the morning before I leave to go somewhere I make sure the car is properly warmed like 10 mins :hysterical: and then you have to give it a few pumps to rev it to make sure its good to go and I have a stock SGT :shift:

Well as they say once a bitch always a bitch.

This is just the most recent in a long line of "mouth offs"

Prior years I have been told my front porch lights are too bright :banghead: ....... I suggested window shades

I was a smoker, and when standing out front to smoke was told I was looking in her windows.....I said you wish :slapfight:

When kids were young and my daughter slapped erasors in the driveway the chalk blew onto her child.... I suggested her kid should have moved :baby:

And it is always the Bitchy Wife, never the husband

I'm leaning towards the stuff her in the freezer idea, only it would scare the crap out of me to open the door and see her there frozen or not!!!!

YOU NEED TO COME BORROW MY HARLEY DAVIDSON FOR A WEEK, SHE BE GLAD TO HAVE THE MUSTANG BACK

FD :happy feet:

My neibor kids have woke us up with there 4 wheelers, mowing on week ends at 7am, parking there semi facing our house with the refer unit running, fireworks and shooting bottle rockets and golf balls toward our house, letting there dogs run wild and piss in our garage among other things, and the latest was the newest dog (cause there other three got run over because they failed to restrain them) shitting in our yard. After asking them 20 times over 6 months we finally wrote them a letter telling them what inconsiderate neibors they have been. I would have been embarrased. There is more but that sums it up. Keep in mind they live on 3 acres.

Take your neibor for a ride in the Shelby.

Wish I could get the car and the Harley over there... Does the lady rent or is she a homeowner? Check the tax records to find out. I used to have a renter give me a prob about my Harley, I called the owner of the property after failing to clear it up with the renter and everything was fine after that...

I had "problem" neighbor...

I told her I was going to "sue her for the water and chemical runoff from her property contaminating the soil on my property" she replied "thats impossible and insane", I told her "yeah you and I kow that it is, but it will cost you at least 20k to convince a judge that". Then I handed her an attorneys card and told her never to speak to "ANYONE on my property again or I was going to intiate a lawsuit against her, and if she had an issue to call my attorney or she would really regret repeatedly harrassing myself, my family and my invited guests".

I also told her after I sue her for everything she has and I own it, I was going to drive her car into her tree and demolish her house on principle alone.

Never heard from her again, she never called my attorney, and she even apologized to my wife in an e-mail for being unreasonable...amazing.

Worked like a charm.

edit: I fogot I told her to call my attorney if she needed to contact me reguarding "ANYTHING" no matter how minor as I never wanted to speak with her again and that she should "NEVER" come onto my property. Period.

Archived