TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber and red

tdusseau

has anyone taken delivery of a grabber blue w/ red stripes? This was my orig choice but ordered the Sterling grey and silver. Mama put her foot down and said....well she did not say anything she just laughed at my choice. But thinking about changing the order. Need help ASAP.

I got GB with white on order. I wanted something different and that would pop. I think that the grey is nice, but it is a safe blend-in color. No offence, just my opinion. Go with something bold and "in your face"!

I picked torch red w/silver,but GB with red was my favorite.I keep my car 5/6 years,and red will be easier to sell--but I agree GB/Red is bolder,and is Carroll Shelbys fav,after Richard Pettys Nascar Dodge.Oll attach a rendering of that color

post-24281-1246720386_thumb.jpg

post-24281-1246720386_thumb.jpg

Given the choice between the Blue/Red or the Grey/Silver - I'd take the Grey/Silver. I love the grabber blue color in itself..but with that red...it just ruins it for me - sorry to say.

How about just getting a Grabber Blue with no stripes?

Ok, if you like it! But it is 2 much Blue without something to cut it. IMHO :happy feet:

Cobra010

I am with you on the Blue Red afraid I would tire of it. I ordered Blue/White.

Thanks, hope to see mine next week :headscratch: :happy feet:

Cobra010

Very happy for you Cobra010. I hope you plan on posting lots of pics since we've got the same car ordered! I need to see photos to keep me going through the waiting process for mine. Me and the fellow board member "Alaska" ordered our cars on the same day - his is supposed to be built near the end of the month. I'm hoping mine is around that time. He got in touch with his dealer...I haven't for a couple weeks. I will definitely be working the phone on Monday however. I just want a little good news!

has anyone taken delivery of a grabber blue w/ red stripes? This was my orig choice but ordered the Sterling grey and silver. Mama put her foot down and said....well she did not say anything she just laughed at my choice. But thinking about changing the order. Need help ASAP.

I'm expecting delivery of a grabber blue and red next week and i can't wait. I had a '70 grabber blue mach 1 - and as someone said, it's an in your face color so reminiscent of the muscle car years .

I'm expecting delivery of a grabber blue and red next week and i can't wait. I had a '70 grabber blue mach 1 - and as someone said, it's an in your face color so reminiscent of the muscle car years .

I am sure you will post some pics for us. I like the GB but it is much w/o stripes. I just want to see this combo under natural lighting and not the PR pictures you see all the time. Well the order has yet to be picked up by Ford so I might have some time yet. 3rd choice would be Black w/ Red. Guess I will wait until a "real owner" pic showes up and make my choice then....if I still have a choice by then ..lol

ps. How long does it take for Ford to "pick up" a waiting order? This is my first special order so I have no idea about the timeline.

Very happy for you Cobra010. I hope you plan on posting lots of pics since we've got the same car ordered! I need to see photos to keep me going through the waiting process for mine. Me and the fellow board member "Alaska" ordered our cars on the same day - his is supposed to be built near the end of the month. I'm hoping mine is around that time. He got in touch with his dealer...I haven't for a couple weeks. I will definitely be working the phone on Monday however. I just want a little good news!

Hey Thanks very nice of you :happy feet:

If I can figure out the photobucket or whatever it is I will be glad to post some. Pretty neat to see 2 fellow SVT soon to be owners from Alaska :happy feet:

Best of Luck hope you receive yours soon.

Cobra010

I am sure you will post some pics for us. I like the GB but it is much w/o stripes. I just want to see this combo under natural lighting and not the PR pictures you see all the time. Well the order has yet to be picked up by Ford so I might have some time yet. 3rd choice would be Black w/ Red. Guess I will wait until a "real owner" pic showes up and make my choice then....if I still have a choice by then ..lol

ps. How long does it take for Ford to "pick up" a waiting order? This is my first special order so I have no idea about the timeline.

I think the Blue with Red is pretty cool, but I think I would tire of it. I ordered Grabber Blue with white stripes. I think there are sevral color combos which would be different but nice. Kona and Silver, Red and Black, Red and Silver, Black and Red just to name a few. I like Bright colors for hot Cars, have a Zinc Yellow Mach 1 now. Again as always just my Humble Opinion. :happy feet:

Cobra010

Archived