TEAM SHELBY FORUM

rattle on passenger side

Hearing a rattle at times - mainly when going over bumps but has happened other times coming from the passenger side - took everythink out of the glove box to make sure not that. My wife puts her hand on the lower part of the dash and it stops. Talked to the dealer and they said bring it in and will fix.

I will have it fixed but right now don't want to give up the car for a few days.

Is anyone else experiencing this

Would think no rattles on $50k car

there was also a retaining screw missing in the trunk - I found the screw and put back on so not a big deal.

With the liberal use of plastic in these cars.....my 'vert has a number of creaks, rattles and groans, typical of a drop top.

Great little trick is to put a little felt between any two ill fitting plastic sections, take the noise completely away

Also if you constantly have your foot into it, the supercharger whine will easily mask it :-0

KR Mufflers also remove other noises from the car. That is solution I made on my '08 Vert.

Mine has had several noises, some I have fixed, and one or two that are still around now and then.

lol, I like your fix. I have no rattles, but did have noises coming from under the car due to stickers. I initially thought they were inside the car, but later tracked them down to multiple large stickers under the car. I'm guessing that's not it, but just a thought..........

Hearing a rattle at times - mainly when going over bumps but has happened other times coming from the passenger side - took everythink out of the glove box to make sure not that. My wife puts her hand on the lower part of the dash and it stops. Talked to the dealer and they said bring it in and will fix.

I will have it fixed but right now don't want to give up the car for a few days.

Is anyone else experiencing this

Would think no rattles on $50k car

there was also a retaining screw missing in the trunk - I found the screw and put back on so not a big deal.

Who knows, like others have said with libreral use of plastic noises happen, my smart allecky remark is when I was a young guy (yes they had cars back then) and we heard unusual noises we would turn the radio up :doh::hysterical:

Sorry for that, hope you get it fixed.

Cobra010

With the liberal use of plastic in these cars.....my 'vert has a number of creaks, rattles and groans, typical of a drop top.

Great little trick is to put a little felt between any two ill fitting plastic sections, take the noise completely away

Also if you constantly have your foot into it, the supercharger whine will easily mask it :-0

Great idea on the felt...does seem to be some of the plastic pieces around the vent rubbing together

thanks I'll try out the felt this weekend

yes the supercharger is another solution :)

I had the same problem and fixed it myself. Its under the front door kick panel that covers the computer and covers the door jam. It drove me nuts. To fix it I loosen the bolt moved the braket a little tightning the bolt down and now its gone. It will be the only bolt you will see when you remove the kick panel wright below the lower part of the dash to your right at corner where dash meets the door jam. PM me if you need any help I will give you my phone number and you can call me and I can walk you throught it if need be.

Archived