TEAM SHELBY FORUM

paxton novi install

yeah, you should get a tune for everything you have installed. motion delete plate, and any other goodies you have. Did you video tape your first start up? i love that whistle sound.. :brrr:.. makes me shiver when ever i hear it.. :drool:

The custom tune from BBR was the culprit...hopefully, they can get it straightened out. I can't wait to drive it once I get a good tune !! I'll have to reschedule my dyno appointment until the problem gets fixed.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure it's a huge relief to have it fire up. It's always nice for the problem to be on somebody else and that you could figure it out.

Congratulations!!!

Big THANKS to Cuda and Ken for their advice and hanging in there with me :)

I just hope BBR gets it right the 2nd time around...

Congrats Ed! :happy feet:

I'm glad to hear you found the problem man. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, but after a lot of searching, there wasn't a whole lot that could be wrong besides the TB or the tune itself. I'm sure BBR will fix you up straight away and you'll be out dusting Vettes in no time! :)

Keep us posted.

Ken

Glad I could help. Hope you have better luck with the new BBR tune.

If it's not too far you could probably drive the car to your tuner (slowly) with the stock Paxton tune if all else fails. Just pull the plug on the MAF and you'll be in fail safe mode. Car won't go much over 25-30 MPH.

In the end it will all be worth it!

:lurk:

Hey Ed did BBR set you up yet?

On a side note, I just realized I never provided the clear videos that I promised. I know, lame. I'll get my SGT out of paint tomorrow and will get on it. :)

Ken

I've been on the phone with Chris from BBR off and on since 5 PM CDT. He hasn't figured it out yet. He sent me the same image in hopes that somehow the image on the tuner was corrupt....same resulting codes.

He is going to recompile the image thinking perhaps he began with a bad baseline. I'm waiting for this file... :waiting:

sigh....

:lurk:

Hey Ed did BBR set you up yet?

On a side note, I just realized I never provided the clear videos that I promised. I know, lame. I'll get my SGT out of paint tomorrow and will get on it. :)

Ken

Ken,

If you race as fast and often as you mod your car, you must be unbeatable. When do you find time to catch your breath? :hysterical:

I've been on the phone with Chris from BBR off and on since 5 PM CDT. He hasn't figured it out yet. He sent me the same image in hopes that somehow the image on the tuner was corrupt....same resulting codes.

He is going to recompile the image thinking perhaps he began with a bad baseline. I'm waiting for this file... :waiting:

sigh....

Just got the 3rd tune...hang tight...

Just got the 3rd tune...hang tight...

same thing... :(

Chris said he started with the same tune he's used on several Vortechs.

He is going to call Paxton to see if there is anything peculiar with the SL model.

same thing... :(

Chris said he started with the same tune he's used on several Vortechs.

He is going to call Paxton to see if there is anything peculiar with the SL model.

Does he know you have the 1200SL and not the 2200? Non-IC vs. IC? :headscratch:

Does he know you have the 1200SL and not the 2200? Non-IC vs. IC? :headscratch:

Yep...

Curiously though, the Paxton tune on the Diablo is named "Shelby Hi Output".

Oh....last night the car never started with the BBR tune....today same tune, it starts then immediately stalls....

He did have me pull the MAF plug, no difference.

Yep...

Curiously though, the Paxton tune on the Diablo is named "Shelby Hi Output".

Hmm.. That would certainly indicate that it's for the intercooled model. I guess it's good that you're not using that one, but it still sucks that you're dead in the water.

I'm about ready to email you my tune! ;)

Ken

Hmm.. That would certainly indicate that it's for the intercooled model. I guess it's good that you're not using that one, but it still sucks that you're dead in the water.

I'm about ready to email you my tune! ;)

Ken

I don't have the cams though .... ?

They asked me to take lots of pics of the installation. Chris is going to send the pics and his tune to Bama and Quantum to see if they notice anything....

If your tuner/dyno is not ridiculously far I would just call a tow truck and take it to the Dyno shop. You will need a dyno tune anyhow. Let them start from scratch on your car. Just my 2 cents. I had to do that once on my mach 1 and it worked out perfectly for me, I never trust the mail in tunes anyhow, but thats just me.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted out soon so you can enjoy the new found power!

Best wishes,

Jim :)

They asked me to take lots of pics of the installation. Chris is going to send the pics and his tune to Bama and Quantum to see if they notice anything....

I don't have the cams though .... ?

Yeah probably not a good idea. ;)

This has to be one of the best threads. It definetly made up my mind to purchase one. Let us know what happens, Good Luck.

Thanks man! Post pics of your install when you get it! :happy feet:

I'd love to see the pics you're sending to BBR. I don't notice anything at all wrong with your install, but haven't seen any real detailed pics either. :headscratch:

If your tuner/dyno is not ridiculously far I would just call a tow truck and take it to the Dyno shop. You will need a dyno tune anyhow. Let them start from scratch on your car. Just my 2 cents. I had to do that once on my mach 1 and it worked out perfectly for me, I never trust the mail in tunes anyhow, but thats just me.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted out soon so you can enjoy the new found power!

Best wishes,

I didn't need a dyno tune. I ran it on the dyno to verify that my AFR was good, which it was. The guys at the local dyno/tune shop told me that I'd be wasting $400 if I had them write me a new tune. A big thanks to Justin at VMP for a kickass file!

Ken

I'd love to see the pics you're sending to BBR. I don't notice anything at all wrong with your install, but haven't seen any real detailed pics either. :headscratch:

Ken, check your yahoo e-mail....

The car fires right up with the Paxton tune; of course this tune does not account for the motion plates deletion.

The car would not start with the 1st BBR tune and got codes 2101 and 2107.

With the 2nd and 3rd tunes from BBR, the car would start and immediately shut off. Also received the codes.

The 4th tune acted like the 1st, wouldn't start.

Sent pics to BBR. I still think it's the tune.

Ken, check your yahoo e-mail....

I looked at every pic closely and see absolutely nothing wrong. Everything appears to be installed correctly.

I'd definitely say it's the tune, especially since the engine fires up on the Paxton tune. Are you using the Diablo or did BBR send you their tune on a new SCT?

If the SCT, perhaps they'd just give you your dough back for the tune and you can give VMP a call?

Ken

Best wishes,

The tow will be an option if I can get my money back for the tuner and the tune.....I'll wait and see if they can figure it out; they are talking to SCT now.

Thanks !

The car fires right up with the Paxton tune; of course this tune does not account for the motion plates deletion.

The car would not start with the 1st BBR tune and got codes 2101 and 2107.

With the 2nd and 3rd tunes from BBR, the car would start and immediately shut off. Also received the codes.

The 4th tune acted like the 1st, wouldn't start.

Sent pics to BBR. I still think it's the tune.

Round 5.......FAILURE.....

I guess I'll talk to the manager tomorrow about a refund....sigh

BBR compared their file to other tuners'. They are putting in long hours and at least they tried. I wonder if the SCT tuner itself is bad; however, it seems to load the stock tune just fine.

Fires up fine with the Paxton tune loaded by the Diablo. The drive to the dyno is too far to risk it though.

I can't wait to do this again !! :shift:

The tow will be an option if I can get my money back for the tuner and the tune.....I'll wait and see if they can figure it out; they are talking to SCT now.

Thanks !

Hey no problem, Good Luck!

Jim

Round 5.......FAILURE.....

I guess I'll talk to the manager tomorrow about a refund....sigh

BBR compared their file to other tuners'. They are putting in long hours and at least they tried. I wonder if the SCT tuner itself is bad; however, it seems to load the stock tune just fine.

Fires up fine with the Paxton tune loaded by the Diablo. The drive to the dyno is too far to risk it though.

I can't wait to do this again !! :shift:

What is the DEAL with these dudes?! Sorry to hear you're still having this kind of trouble Ed. I hope you get it resolved stat man!

This most definitely should NOT be this difficult for these guys. :headscratch:

What is the DEAL with these dudes?! Sorry to hear you're still having this kind of trouble Ed. I hope you get it resolved stat man!

This most definitely should NOT be this difficult for these guys. :headscratch:

UPDATE: Well apparently the code on the sticker under the hood is not correct. Mine reads XZE2 and so this was throwing him off; at least that's the theory. He had me load the Paxton and Stock tunes of course with the Diablo and read the stategy with the SCT; it read FPASAU9 for both. He said this was totally different from what he started with based on the sticker under the hood. I'll be getting number six today ! Six is a charm, right?

I curious as to what everyone else's PCM sticker reads.

Archived