TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I've Got A Feeling

Cobra010

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The VVS is active for that car as soon as the order is placed. It will report everything that happens as it happens until the car is delivered. The problem is that it doesn't give very much information other than what happened and the date. In other words, you may know that something happens, but no why. Furthermore, it's not always that up to date. It doesn't truly get interesting until the car leaves the assembly plant on a train, and then it's pretty darn precise. My car is updating at every rail intermediate point, including two in one day.

Bottom line: when your car is assigned a VIN, it WILL appear on VVS. Just need to kick your dealer in the a## until they give you the info. Frankly, my dealer wasn't terribly active with it until it shipped last week. Then they were giving me phone calls twice a day!

Found out yesterday that my car was in PA, just 1 state away from NJ! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Even though VVS shows an "estimated" delivery date as 7/10, I cant imagine that it would take a full week to move from there to the dealer...

The 7/10 date, from what I've been told, is 14 days from the day it shipped from Flat Rock, which is supposed to be on the "long side" of delivery time. There are cars that arrived 9-10 days from shipping, so maybe early this week instead of late??? I'm beginning to taste this thing now, YUM! :drool:

Found out yesterday that my car was in PA, just 1 state away from NJ! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Even though VVS shows an "estimated" delivery date as 7/10, I cant imagine that it would take a full week to move from there to the dealer...

The 7/10 date, from what I've been told, is 14 days from the day it shipped from Flat Rock, which is supposed to be on the "long side" of delivery time. There are cars that arrived 9-10 days from shipping, so maybe early this week instead of late??? I'm beginning to taste this thing now, YUM! :drool:

Probably more like 7/8.

Cobra010

By the way Congrats :happy feet:

Probably more like 7/8.

Cobra010

By the way Congrats :happy feet:

Thanks Man... hope you're right. Hope yours is coming this week too?

Cant wait til we can all forget about this painful waiting process and talk more about how much we love driving and owning these beasts!!!

Here's to a great week for all of us!

Help! I spoke with my dealer this morning he says his system is showing my car on the ramp in Flat Rock. The 1-800 folks tell me the car has shipped and ETA has been changed to July 9 instead of the 2nd. I really not sure if my dealer knows how to work his on system. Maybe one of you guys (dealer) could punch my vin# in and give me better info. than I am getting. I probably know that it is here when the dealer calls and says "Hey Brian your Car just showed up". :headscratch::headscratch:

Help! I spoke with my dealer this morning he says his system is showing my car on the ramp in Flat Rock. The 1-800 folks tell me the car has shipped and ETA has been changed to July 9 instead of the 2nd. I really not sure if my dealer knows how to work his on system. Maybe one of you guys (dealer) could punch my vin# in and give me better info. than I am getting. I probably know that it is here when the dealer calls and says "Hey Brian your Car just showed up". :headscratch::headscratch:

I think I mentioned quite a few times about my dealer's ineptitude in using a computer to provide updates or even find the least bit of urgency in trying to obtain a VIN#. At least you have status. I'm still waiting on a VIN# because the dealer keeps telling me about HID issues and production delayed. Maybe I'll send them links to eBay and window stickers at other dealers that the car is already on lots and being driven!

I think I mentioned quite a few times about my dealer's ineptitude in using a computer to provide updates or even find the least bit of urgency in trying to obtain a VIN#. At least you have status. I'm still waiting on a VIN# because the dealer keeps telling me about HID issues and production delayed. Maybe I'll send them links to eBay and window stickers at other dealers that the car is already on lots and being driven!

It's ridiculous that a dealer cannot give you your vin# and then like in my case tell you one thing today and another tomorrow is not helping customer relations for sure. I am willing to wait on my car as long as I need to but I would like be kept updated with correct information. It not like we are buying a Ford fiesta I mean I have 20 grand it this car already the least they could do is give me accurate information whether it is good or bad doesn't matter just be accurate.

I called Ford Customer service since my sales person is on vacation this week. They have a dealer arrival ETA of 7/13. I was hoping for it by Friday. Maybe it will arrive a little early but I doubt it.

They must be shipping a bunch of GT500's right now. I have the same ETA for my car. I have to pick the car up in Alabama (live in Tennessee) and I am hedging that the car will arrive this week....already making plans to drive down Saturday and pick it up...yeah I know...probalby will be disappointed but can't help myself....we can hope.

They must be shipping a bunch of GT500's right now. I have the same ETA for my car. I have to pick the car up in Alabama (live in Tennessee) and I am hedging that the car will arrive this week....already making plans to drive down Saturday and pick it up...yeah I know...probalby will be disappointed but can't help myself....we can hope.

I hope it's a worth while trip! :) Are you a Titans fan? It is so sad about Steve. He was a class act the two years he played here with the Ravens.

I called Ford Customer service since my sales person is on vacation this week. They have a dealer arrival ETA of 7/13. I was hoping for it by Friday. Maybe it will arrive a little early but I doubt it.

When did you call them? I called them thursday of last week and today and they said their computer systems are down and they cant look up any information :headscratch:

Do you think Ford Customer Disservice can tell me if any GT500's are there way to a certain dealer without having a VIN? At least I can have hope that way.

When did you call them? I called them thursday of last week and today and they said their computer systems are down and they cant look up any information :headscratch:

About 9am EST this morning.

Do you think Ford Customer Disservice can tell me if any GT500's are there way to a certain dealer without having a VIN? At least I can have hope that way.

I had to provide them my VIN.

I got a feeling by the end of next week there will be plenty of smilin' :dance: faces, and I believe there will be a lot of Shelby's on the ground at dealerships. Just a feelin' mind you! :happy feet: :hysterical::shift::drool:

Cobra010

Another smilin' face Still Intense struck paydirt! :happy feet: :shift:

Cobra010

They are coming, and they are coming BEFORE the ETA!

My ETA: 9 July, but delivered 6 July.

Congrats my man... My date for delivery is 7/10, but got confirmation that the car is INDEED in NJ, its off the train. :woohoo:

Just need to get the truckers to bring it down to the dealer now... I CAN NOT SLEEP!!! :wacko:

Congrats my man... My date for delivery is 7/10, but got confirmation that the car is INDEED in NJ, its off the train. :woohoo:

Just need to get the truckers to bring it down to the dealer now... I CANNOT SLEEP!!! :wacko:

I could NOT sleep the night before either, Goldgus!! :yahoo:

WOW! Glad to hear it's soon to be in your possession!

Torched10: You'll have them just as soon as I see the car Wednesday morning!!!! Getting back in town tonight from a business trip, then I'll get down there tomorrow morning.

All: friend of mine checked the car this morning, he said that its perfect. No stripe problems and the leading edge of the drivers door doesn't have the paint scratched off. It's going to be a long night tonight!

Mark

Torched10: You'll have them just as soon as I see the car Wednesday morning!!!! Getting back in town tonight from a business trip, then I'll get down there tomorrow morning.

All: friend of mine checked the car this morning, he said that its perfect. No stripe problems and the leading edge of the drivers door doesn't have the paint scratched off. It's going to be a long night tonight!

Mark

Great to hear. It's nice to see all this cars hitting at once. :)

Archived