TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I've Got A Feeling

Cobra010

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a feeling by the end of next week there will be plenty of smilin' :dance: faces, and I believe there will be a lot of Shelby's on the ground at dealerships. Just a feelin' mind you! :happy feet: :hysterical::shift::drool:

Cobra010

OK ! Spill the beans.....what gave you this feeling :baby:

In fact, I can guarantee it.

By the way, the contest is still on for last to receive. You might want to note the time that it arrives at the dealership, it could be a close race.

What do you guys know that I don't........ :cry:

Just got a call from my dealer and he sent me the picture of the update and as of today it says its at ramp 5d and awaiting shipment from Jack Cooper Transportation, this just updated at 12pm today :happy feet: The race is on......

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MAWWWWWWWWWNIN' Viet-NAAAAAAAAAM!

Don't know what that had to do with anything, but anyway Good News :happy feet: :drool::shift:

Did they give you an EAD? :headscratch: (estimated arrival date)

Cobra010

No thats all my dealer has for right now since it just updated about 5 hours ago. Im not totally sure if that means its getting loaded on a train or what because I was looking at goldgus' vehicle tracking report that he posted and it has the vehicle leaving the plant, returning, leaving, returning, shipping, not shipping so I dont know what to expect honestly.

No thats all my dealer has for right now since it just updated about 5 hours ago. Im not totally sure if that means its getting loaded on a train or what because I was looking at goldgus' vehicle tracking report that he posted and it has the vehicle leaving the plant, returning, leaving, returning, shipping, not shipping so I dont know what to expect honestly.

Ask Stillintense he is pretty up on those codes. Looks like he is not on right now but may be shortly.

I know it is a pain but someday soon hopefully it will all be over.

Blessings,

Cobra010

I have a similar feeling, but I'll still be waiting for someone competent enough to be able to tell me my VIN#. It's like they don't care about their jobs or show any passion to try to help a guy out. If it were me, I'd be hacking and learning how to get priority information for my customer from the dealerconnection system or making some phone calls. Otherwise, I will lose all trust in them since one of the major tenets of trust is to be competent in what you know or do.

I have a similar feeling, but I'll still be waiting for someone competent enough to be able to tell me my VIN#. It's like they don't care about their jobs or show any passion to try to help a guy out. If it were me, I'd be hacking and learning how to get priority information for my customer from the dealerconnection system or making some phone calls. Otherwise, I will lose all trust in them since one of the major tenets of trust is to be competent in what you know or do.

When was your car built?

Cobra010

When was your car built?

Cobra010

They can't even tell me that, otherwise I'm assuming they would have given me the VIN. I ordered on 4/23. Calling tomorrow morning.

What get's me constipated is others get information from their dealers with printouts and other information on status and my dealer can barely find the "any key" on the keyboard. It's not like I'm dealing with a small-town dealer in NJ. Maybe I should and get more attention and a sense of urgency out these Flex bandwagon salespeople.

Three dealers within 5, 7, and 12 miles of my zip have GT500's showing in their inventory. Luck me, the dealer I go to who's in the center of the radius of all three is as lame as the Roush and Parnelli they push. There's a Torch, Black, and Sterling available - so it seems.

I have had the same problem, talked to my dealer two times today and he cannot tell me anything other than an EAD of today July 2nd. As a matter of fact I had to correct him for the third time that the cars do not go to Vegas. I told him that I wanted his new car sales manager to call the regional guy tomorrow and find out where my car is. It shipped Early June and should be here, but I have the same feeling as you guys I think next week may be our week.

I have had the same problem, talked to my dealer two times today and he cannot tell me anything other than an EAD of today July 2nd. As a matter of fact I had to correct him for the third time that the cars do not go to Vegas. I told him that I wanted his new car sales manager to call the regional guy tomorrow and find out where my car is. It shipped Early June and should be here, but I have the same feeling as you guys I think next week may be our week.

Hey Man you need to get the car # on the train and you get someone to tell you where it is exactly your dealer has that capability. If your car was shipped early June it would have been there by now guarenteed. :headscratch::lurk:

Cobra010

I think by reading goldgus' comments and seeing his vvs report that maybe the rumor of another issue was right and they had a bunch ready to ship then called them back and now everything is good so they re-released them to the railyard and this is probably why isaid's car isnt there yet.

I think by reading goldgus' comments and seeing his vvs report that maybe the rumor of another issue was right and they had a bunch ready to ship then called them back and now everything is good so they re-released them to the railyard and this is probably why isaid's car isnt there yet.

Anythings possible, but I still would go to the dealer and say let's pull up the VVS and check the car # and physical location. Just MHO.

Cobra010 :lurk:

Mine shouldn't be to much longer. It was built 6/23 and ETA is week of 7/27. My dealer whom I've known for numerous years told me that he has been invoiced for the car and it normal takes about three weeks after that. I'm hoping for the first or second week of July. :happy feet:

I've got my copy of the birth certificate for the car, come to papa. :drool:

Anythings possible, but I still would go to the dealer and say let's pull up the VVS and check the car # and physical location. Just MHO.

Cobra010 :lurk:

Last week the Dealer through the VVS confirmed EAD of July 2nd, However he has been unable "According to him" to get a rail car number. He says he has been checking daily with rail depot in New Orleans where it will be dropped. He says once he gets confirmation of rail drop in New Orleans he can expedite it quickly via truck. I only live about a 100 miles from New Orleans. Flat Rock, Ford 800 Folks and the dealer have confirmed shipment and EAD of July 2nd but still no car. I am hoping to hear update info. tomorrow I will Post anything I find out.

Here is some recent data from my VVS. I had some trouble with formatting (sorry). My arrival date is holding steady at 10 July. I don't think I had the issue of my car getting shipped and then going back to Flat Rock for QA. Going to check with my dealer for an update this weekend.

2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 Coupe VIN # 1ZVBP8JS1A5119647

Vehicle Location...............................................................Status Date/Time..................................ETA

Received Ltitri58 (Norfolk Southern)Ramp 98, Fostoria Mc, OH..................Jun-29-2009, 12:29...........................Jul-10-2009

Shipped Convoy #119180416 (Jack Cooper Tport)Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI..Jun-29-2009, 07:11...........................Jul-10-2009

Origin Received (Jack Cooper Tport)Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI......................Jun-26-2009, 22:23...........................Jul-10-2009

Origin Received Tp09 (Autoport Limited )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MI.................Jun-26-2009, 21:54...........................Jul-10-2009

Received Rail (Auto Warehousing )Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI....................Jun-25-2009, 08:30...........................Jul-10-2009

ReleasedAutoalliance International Inc, MI................................................Jun-25-2009......................................Jul-10-2009

Sorry for the delay in getting back on guys.

Zeindog: what they probably said was ramp 5P, NOT 5D. Ramp 5P is the ramp at Flat Rock where the cars are actually loaded on the train. Ramp 51 is essentially the vehicle storage area. In fact, if you go to live.com maps, type in "Flat Rock, Michigan". Near Flat Rock, you can see the Ford assembly plant; it is HUGE. Just to the north of the assembly plant you'll see an enormous parking lot, and on the north side of that you'll see several rail sidings going INTO a long building. That's where your car is loaded, that's ramp 5P. It means that by now, Elvis has probably left the building!

As others have said, once you get the rail car number on VVS, you're golden. As an example, on July 1st at 0734, my car was in Delta, Ohio. At 2204 the same day, it was in Lima, Ohio. As that was two days ago, I'm guessing that it's in Kentucky somewhere or even closer by now. My dealership has an ETA at ramp 46 (Columbia, SC) on 9 July. So I should get it that day or the 10th. Unfortunately, my dealership is closed today through Sunday so it will Monday before I get an update.

Funny thats exactly the same route my car took to Atl.It was in Kentucky the night before the car was in Atl.2 days later it was in Perry---good luck,im SURE tyou'll love the car.PS,ill bet the car is in Columbia,if thats the final dest,tonight

Thanks Intense! Thats what I meant 5P, hopefully I will have a railcar number by monday at the earliest. I cant get an update till then because of the holiday, oh well at least I am working all weekend so it will keep my mind off it for a little bit...nah who am I kidding I can barely sleep now!

Sorry for the delay in getting back on guys.

Zeindog: what they probably said was ramp 5P, NOT 5D. Ramp 5P is the ramp at Flat Rock where the cars are actually loaded on the train. Ramp 51 is essentially the vehicle storage area. In fact, if you go to live.com maps, type in "Flat Rock, Michigan". Near Flat Rock, you can see the Ford assembly plant; it is HUGE. Just to the north of the assembly plant you'll see an enormous parking lot, and on the north side of that you'll see several rail sidings going INTO a long building. That's where your car is loaded, that's ramp 5P. It means that by now, Elvis has probably left the building!

As others have said, once you get the rail car number on VVS, you're golden. As an example, on July 1st at 0734, my car was in Delta, Ohio. At 2204 the same day, it was in Lima, Ohio. As that was two days ago, I'm guessing that it's in Kentucky somewhere or even closer by now. My dealership has an ETA at ramp 46 (Columbia, SC) on 9 July. So I should get it that day or the 10th. Unfortunately, my dealership is closed today through Sunday so it will Monday before I get an update.

Mark,

Do you know anyone who can give me an updated location on my car? Asked the dealer this morning all he said was it is still on the way.

Al

Archived