TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just bought an Edelbrock Supercharger!!!

The Edelbrock site and the instructions don't have any really good pics of the lower grill area and the install. I'd like to see some pics of the installed heat exchanger as well as some good measurements to see if I would have to eliminate the driving lights/brake duct bezel or just do some creative modifications. I sure would hate to lose the duct/bezel/lights! This set up is ideal for me except for that one area!

Sam

AKA:

Well, I got home a few hours ago, then ran over to the in-laws to show off the new supercharger. First off.... WOW, this thing is a monster, I need wider wheels because it breaks them loose in 1st, 2nd, and so far twice in 3rd. :drool: This thing is fun. I have the dyno run on video and will upload it tomorrow. I have attached a picture or two... because as we've all heard, this post is useless without pics!

:shift:

Jim

post-20282-1247205517_thumb.jpg

post-20282-1247205517_thumb.jpg

OK,

First off, you guys are not all together correct about the GT airbox.. In another SC thread I wrote about this as it applied to the edlebrock and the SGT..

I have the E-Force installed and I am using the original 90mm MAF unit from Shelby.. Since I was one of the very first to receive the SC, (Got it in early Feb) I have to go through all this stuff..

There is a file "CROM" file made just for us guys.. Just make sure during the install you keep the original sensor and not use the one in the kit as per Rob (The guy who designed this) at Edlebrock. I was the first SGT they ran into and they got with Diablo to write the file for me.

The only issue I have had thus far is I ripped the alternator pulley off...oops! after speaking with Edlebrock, we beleive it may have been over tightened,,even slightly could cause a hairline crack

in the pulley.. Regardless, Edlebrock had the parts to me ASAP, and I am in Korea! this is what I did to prevent an over torque or a under tightened pulley. We tightened the pulley to about 30ft Lbs with Blue medium locktite on the threads, then we "Staked" the Nut to prevent it from loosenng. So far so good.

If anyone needs the CROM file for the SGT with the original Ford racing air filter (2008) let me know and I will be happy to email it to you.

I modified a AGENT 47 brace to fit over the SC, didn't want to mess with the original brace.. Also, a Bullit brace will also fit as per the engineer at edlebrock

Have fun with your Supercharger!!

GNB

Good info GNB...Prior to my install I called Edelbrock and specifically asked about using the stock CAI with the supercharger and was told by a "tech" at Edelbrock that there was no tune to go with the combo. Now on to calling them again......If I can't get them to furnish it I'll get back with you. Thanks, Wnenn

Well, I got home a few hours ago, then ran over to the in-laws to show off the new supercharger. First off.... WOW, this thing is a monster, I need wider wheels because it breaks them loose in 1st, 2nd, and so far twice in 3rd. :drool: This thing is fun. I have the dyno run on video and will upload it tomorrow. I have attached a picture or two... because as we've all heard, this post is useless without pics!

:shift:

Jim

Turn the traction control back on before you hurt yourself. I know its fun but you don't want to go sideways into something hard :-)

Kool Dyno run..

I love the idea that the E-Force is fairly quiet at idle/normal cruising.. The only clue you will get that my SGT is supercharged is the cute little chrome "Supercharged" emblems beneath the "Powered by Ford" emblems. That is until I get on it then you can hear the screws.. LOVE IT!

GNB

I hear you GNB, you can hear a faint sound from the intake and a very faint whine at high RPM's. I'm very happy with the power and ability to upgrade this kit with little more than a pulley, injectors, and a GT500 fuel pump. Thanks for all the support and anyone with questions feel free to ask away.

FYI Powerhouse was amazing to deal with, Mike and Brett installed this in 7 hours besides all the other cool stuff they'd done. They had a V6 that they swapped in a V8, a 5.4 turbo Mustang, and a very clean Saleen supercharged/nitrous, and a few other cool cars they'd been working on. The saleen supercharged is getting a turbo kit, so if anyone is looking for a Saleen supercharger, give Mike a call... you may find a good deal. Anyway, thanks again!

Jim

399/369 on a Mustang Dyno(Powerhouse's dyno is very stingy), if I learn how to scan the dyno sheet I'll put that in as well. Temp was high 80's-low 90's, humidity was 100%, it was rough. Good numbers none the less.

Not bad numbers for a Mustang dyno. Was that with the canned tune?

Not bad numbers for a Mustang dyno. Was that with the canned tune?

Yes, straight from the Diablo tuner and Edelbrock. If I recall, the "before" was 265hp, I forget the torque. I still smile, like I did earlier, everytime I drive my NEW car. The next thing I would like is some wider wheels and tires... it took me a year of badgering to get the wife to approve the supercharger, I'll have to talk her into the wheels sooner than that. :)

Yes, straight from the Diablo tuner and Edelbrock. If I recall, the "before" was 265hp, I forget the torque. I still smile, like I did earlier, everytime I drive my NEW car. The next thing I would like is some wider wheels and tires... it took me a year of badgering to get the wife to approve the supercharger, I'll have to talk her into the wheels sooner than that. :)

Congrats on the new power! It looks great IMO.

Do you have a printout of your pre-mod base dyno? If it's in fact 265 RWHP, that would be the lowest I've ever seen. Just curious!

Either way, you've got a good lookin SGT. :happy feet:

That's right about the same as where my base dyno run landed after the install. But mine also was running a bit lean (AFs stayed above 13.5), so Edelbrock paid to have it tuned. After which mine was at 422RWHP/394RWTQ. But you are right about it feeling like a new car!!

Very nice.

When I SC my HERTZ, that would be good HP for me and conservative for the drive train IMO. Can I assume this was at 5 psi boost? One positive thing on this E SC is that it does not require cutting the hood.. Still no fctory Strut brace.

At this time Paxton is the only choice to meet all this. However SAI will not do the install.

I sure wish I could make up my mind and put closure to this. Get a chance, post the print out.

Very nice.

When I SC my HERTZ, that would be good HP for me and conservative for the drive train IMO. Can I assume this was at 5 psi boost? One positive thing on this E SC is that it does not require cutting the hood.. Still no fctory Strut brace.

At this time Paxton is the only choice to meet all this. However SAI will not do the install.

I sure wish I could make up my mind and put closure to this. Get a chance, post the print out.

HO050 - The v6/Bullitt brace fits perfectly and looks great. (under the Edelbrock)

Kahmann- for this dyno, 265 is "normal" it tends to dyno very conservative, so real world dyno would be 275 ish. I don't have a print out of the before though, their computer was giving them fits. Also, the 399/369 is probably more like 420-425HP and 410TQ on any other Dyno. From what I understand, dyno numbers are just that... numbers. Many know the tricks to make the HP numbers looks higher on a Dyno. For me, the Dyno run was to make sure the tune looked good. 1/4 mile times and road course times are the true test of the upgrade. Most importantly, how it feels to me when I drive is truly all that matters at the end of the day. :) I love this car and what I've done to make it "mine". I do wish I lived closer to CA, all you CA guys sound like good hard working guys and I wish I had a few Shelby friends like you. Thanks again!

Jim

HO050 - The v6/Bullitt brace fits perfectly and looks great. (under the Edelbrock)

Kahmann- for this dyno, 265 is "normal" it tends to dyno very conservative, so real world dyno would be 275 ish. I don't have a print out of the before though, their computer was giving them fits. Also, the 399/369 is probably more like 420-425HP and 410TQ on any other Dyno. From what I understand, dyno numbers are just that... numbers. Many know the tricks to make the HP numbers looks higher on a Dyno. For me, the Dyno run was to make sure the tune looked good. 1/4 mile times and road course times are the true test of the upgrade. Most importantly, how it feels to me when I drive is truly all that matters at the end of the day. :) I love this car and what I've done to make it "mine". I do wish I lived closer to CA, all you CA guys sound like good hard working guys and I wish I had a few Shelby friends like you. Thanks again!

Jim

Man I wish you lived out here too so I could test drive an E-Force! :)

I hear ya on the dyno #'s. I guess that 265 just caught my eye, but your explanation definitely makes sense. Congrats again on the new car Jim! :happy feet:

Jim

Thanks for the info. I will need to see if the brace will fit under the CS / HERTZ hood as I think clearance is different from the SGT. My understanding is that Vic E and Carroll are good friends. It would be nice if SAI could make this an SAI option SC.

Archived