TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Reverse lights flashing while driving !!

Wilson

OK this sucks..

I now need to go to the dealer because my reverse lights are flashing while driving. One person told me during the daytime and I assumed he was just stupid and it was the sun reflecting off them...

Well last night I got stopped again by someone saying my reverse lights are flashing

Hopefully it's just me ?!?

OK this sucks..

I now need to go to the dealer because my reverse lights are flashing while driving. One person told me during the daytime and I assumed he was just stupid and it was the sun reflecting off them...

Well last night I got stopped again by someone saying my reverse lights are flashing

Just bring it in and have 'em fix it... Just because its a $50K Mustang doesn't make it immune to little niggly stuff. My wife's Benz was in the shop 3 times in the first month to fix "little stuff"

Just bring it in and have 'em fix it... Just because its a $50K Mustang doesn't make it immune to little niggly stuff. My wife's Benz was in the shop 3 times in the first month to fix "little stuff"

Normally I'd agree,

but it seems like it's one of those things that you don't see until you're driving around. Which means shop boy is gonna test it out to make sure its fixed.

I am guessing it's a wire shorting out somewhere... I will probably at least check the harness back by the taillights before I succumb to the dealer.

OK this sucks..

First of all there are NO perfect cars. That said if this is a 2010 be happy you have it to complain about. Lastly what Goldgus said

Cobra010

First of all there are NO perfect cars. That said if this is a 2010 be happy you have it to complain about. Lastly what Goldgus said

Cobra010

hmm i dont consider myself a complainer at all.. I mean the rust on the axle to me is nothing... Reverse lights flashing isn't even a big concern... It's me having to leave the car while they try to drive around and duplicate the issue.

Am i the crazy one here !?! LOL

hmm i dont consider myself a complainer at all.. I mean the rust on the axle to me is nothing... Reverse lights flashing isn't even a big concern... It's me having to leave the car while they try to drive around and duplicate the issue.

Tell them that you will drive your car while the tech follows you in a diferent car to verify?????????

No flaming intended, but you did start of with Ok, this sucks!

Cobra010

when you take it in have them scan for codes in the PCM and BCM[body control module] as they are what controls power to the reverse lights.they can do that first without driving it as it may give a code as to what the problem could be.i will keep an eye on bulletins for this problem. :headscratch:

One person told me during the daytime

What kind of cars are these people driving that are able to catch up to you??

I would have someone you know, that is not an idiot, follow you around at night and see if you still have a problem. I was stopped once and the guy tells me my brake lights are flashing. I get out to look, and my turn signal was on. The guy was an idiot for stopping me.

What kind of cars are these people driving that are able to catch up to you??

lol all the HP in the world don't matter when it comes to traffic lights!

cbr, yes that's the plan. First i will try at home just going thru the gears sitting still. Hopefully i can reproduce that way

climbed under the car and jiggled the reverse connector plug while my brother watched and it's all better now. They were actually ON as soon as you turn the key on so it was easy to see once it was out

hopefully it stays fixed.

Archived