TEAM SHELBY FORUM

latest dyno #'s

Ken,

On the cam install. What tool did you use to install the springs? I assume you did not pull the heads.

Why did you leave out the phase limiters?

I have not installed cams on the 4.6 before but have installed many on the old 5.0. Trying to learn a little from you.

It looks complicated to some degree. I think I remeber you giving a run down on this but I can not find it on the form.

I really like the cams , bigger throttle body and under-drive pullies for some quick HP.

I think I read the cost of the cams was about 1K in parts. Has anyone paid a ford dealer to install these? I may do myself if able.

Thanks Much,

-Billy

Here's my thread for the cam install: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=38980&hl=

I didn't do the install myself, partly because I didn't have the right tool. You'll need the valve spring compressor tool from Ford built especially for this job. It costs a few hundred dollars, if I remember correctly.

The labor was under $1k and well worth it to not have to deal with the headache of this particular job. A couple other guys here have installed their own cams, however.

I decided to leave the limiters out, only because Comp said that they weren't necessary with my particular stage 2 cam and that they would only limit my power potential.

With the assurance from the manufacturer that no harm would come from not installing them, I opted against them. On a related note, upgraded valve springs & retainers were required with these cams. Hope this info helps!

Ken

Here's my thread for the cam install: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=38980&hl=

I didn't do the install myself, partly because I didn't have the right tool. You'll need the valve spring compressor tool from Ford built especially for this job. It costs a few hundred dollars, if I remember correctly.

The labor was under $1k and well worth it to not have to deal with the headache of this particular job. A couple other guys here have installed their own cams, however.

I decided to leave the limiters out, only because Comp said that they weren't necessary with my particular stage 2 cam and that they would only limit my power potential.

With the assurance from the manufacturer that no harm would come from not installing them, I opted against them. On a related note, upgraded valve springs & retainers were required with these cams. Hope this info helps!

Ken

Thanks Ken !!

I'll go to your link. I really appreciate the info. I'm following your paxtion install to see how your numbers come out. I'm still struggling as to install the blower and if so will it be the paxton or whipple. I really like the paxton and that cool label you found on ebay is killer for the home guy that can't spend the money at SAI.

Thanks Much,

-Billy

-Billy

Archived