TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Crappy housing market just took my mod money

AFBLUE

Had a property for sell and was closing on it in July. Unfortunately, it was contingent upon the sell of the buyer's house. Today his appraisal came in really low. His deal to sell his house fell through so our deal is off. I was going to take some of the profits for mods. Oh well.

I'm not complaining considering the current economy. I'm very blessed to have a job and able to pay my bills. I'll just keep dreaming. It's cheaper that way :)

Had a property for sell and was closing on it in July. Unfortunately, it was contingent upon the sell of the buyer's house. Today his appraisal came in really low and his deal to sell his house fell through so our deal is off. I was going to take some of the profits for mods. Oh well.

I'm not complaining considering the current economy. I'm very blessed to have a job and be able to may my bills. I'll just keep dreaming. It's cheaper that way :)

I know how you feel. I have been wanting to do some mod's myself and just don't see the economy stable enough to pull the trigger.I keep reading and learning from these threads and when the time comes it will just be all that much sweeter

Tough times indeed, I would bet we will never see this again in our life time. I will also bet we will never see that ridiculous rise in the economy that happened just before the crash started. Houses in some areas were doubling in value in as little as 1 year. Those same areas are getting killed now. In reality we needed it to adjust back down, it was getting ridiculous for the average working family to afford a nice house.

I just got my most recent purchase for my car from the UPS man today, a colgan bra. http://www.colgancustom.com/shop_vparts.php#1

Between that and the new rotors, I guess I'm done for a while. Plan on getting the Heath/Chip Beck hood scoop and save up to have the LeMans stripes painted on. Won't go any faster but it will look sharp.

Archived