TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another arrival to report

samg

For whatever interest and use this may be to folks, here is the schedule of my order experience. Will be picking up the car later today and will try to report along with pictures. It's a an all black with black strips.

Ordered: 17 April

Got VIN: About six to seven weeks later (low 130s)

Electronic Window Sticker: Popped up on their site 15 June

Car built: 15 June (I think)

Last Maintenance Day: 18 June

Left Plant on convoy/truck: around 20 June

In transit: Was on truck somewhere in Ohio 24 June

Arrived at local distribution center: Jessup, Maryland around 27 June

Arrived at dealer: 30 June in Northern Virginia

I had one of the dealer's allocation when I placed the order. The dealer just told me yesterday that does not matter regarding getting the car any sooner though. He said that Ford will build the cars as they are ordered.

I do think, however, that being shipped on a truck saved one to three weeks versus rail.

For whatever interest and use this may be to folks, here is the schedule of my order experience. Will be picking up the car later today and will try to report along with pictures. It's a an all black with black strips.

I had one of the dealer's allocation when I placed the order. The dealer just told me yesterday that does not matter regarding getting the car any sooner though. He said that Ford will build the cars as they are ordered.

I do think, however, that being shipped on a truck saved one to three weeks versus rail.

congrats--make sure to check for dings on the doors and edges.Sounds lie a great car--I love mine

Picked it up. Mileage = 4.6 - so a new one should not have much more. The fit and finish inside and out on mine is excellent. A little surface rust on the rear axle but not much. None of the other problems mentioned in a related thread.

Very nice driver seat. Passenger seat good but not as good as the drivers seat. I also though the pass seat was a little hard on the bottom.

Sounds great but a little on the quiet side at lower RPMs say to 3,000. Have not pushed it above 4 grand yet though.

Shifter and clutch are very good to great. My first through fourth is quite nice. 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 take a little getting use to.

These cars will be a little hard to park -- cannot see the end of the front and rear vis is limited.

Great ride overall and interior is super.

Everything about the car is tough looking and feeling. Already got lots of attention.

If you all can hang on you will not be disappointed when your's arrive.

post-25051-1246409785_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409802_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409809_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409816_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409822_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409828_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409834_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409785_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409802_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409809_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409816_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409822_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409828_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246409834_thumb.jpg

Congrats, I picked up mine today too!

I also have a low 130's VIN 130127, how close are we? PM me if you don't want to post your vin in public.

Enjoy your black beauty!

BTW: how did you get all the build and shipping dates?

Hey samg, congratulations! Mine passed through Ohio today. Will also go to Jessup, Maryland then to my dealer in Sterling. What dealer did you use? Looks like Ted Britt from the pictures. Where are you in Virginia? Did you join Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association?

Congrats, I picked up mine today too!

I also have a low 130's VIN 130127, how close are we? PM me if you don't want to post your vin in public.

Enjoy your black beauty!

BTW: how did you get all the build and shipping dates?

I got all of those dates by bugging Ford customer service with my VIN and then my dealer once it was shipped. I'd call customer service several times a day and get different operators and different info. Some were more forthcoming than others.

Also, here is a goofy data point for you -- my dealer had three GT500 allocations. I got the last one. Bottom line is the first two were ordered weeks before mine but I got the car first. Not even sure where the others are right now.

The only thing I can conclude is that there was a window of good line production begining around the low 130s VIN. Speculation but seems logical. After that small window other stuff like the plant shut down seemed to happen.

Another observation you may get from the pictures -- if that air bag panel on the passenger side that has the GT500 on it is not fit right it would look like total crap and mess up the entire interior appearance. Not only that, total crap that you seem to stare at all of the time.

Hey samg, congratulations! Mine passed through Ohio today. Will also go to Jessup, Maryland then to my dealer in Sterling. What dealer did you use? Looks like Ted Britt from the pictures. Where are you in Virginia? Did you join Mid-Atlantic Cobra Association?

Battlefield Ford in Manassas. As frustrating as it was, I have to say in the end they did much better than many other dealers. They are also having a Mustang show sometime the end of July fyi.

Have not checked out the Mid-Atlantic Association. Will do so though -- thanks.

One other item I will check out tomorrow or so -- the button that opens the trunk is just to left of the shifter. I sure hope there is a safety lock that it does not work when the car is moving.

Another observation is that with the more "modern" 2010 look, the four corners of the car roll away out of sight from the driver which is another reason you have to guess where the front and back is in close quarters.

Don't like the fact that the gas cap cover is not locked from the inside!

A few more pics:

post-25051-1246415191_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246415201_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246415210_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246415221_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246415228_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246415191_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246415201_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246415210_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246415221_thumb.jpg

post-25051-1246415228_thumb.jpg

How the heck do you have so much information? It seems your Virginia dealer is building the car themselves with so much data. My dealer can't even type an email back to me without fat-fingering the keyboard and still telling me "there's a delay because of the HID" BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

I'm going to tape my experience picking up the car one day dressed as Superman and with my a** cut out of my tights on how much they raped me of this entire experience!!!! Thanks Ford for making my 40th Birthday the most belated EVAR!!!!

^^ Drunk writing this...

Picked it up. Mileage = 4.6 - so a new one should not have much more. The fit and finish inside and out on mine is excellent. A little surface rust on the rear axle but not much. None of the other problems mentioned in a related thread.

Very nice driver seat. Passenger seat good but not as good as the drivers seat. I also though the pass seat was a little hard on the bottom.

Sounds great but a little on the quiet side at lower RPMs say to 3,000. Have not pushed it above 4 grand yet though.

Shifter and clutch are very good to great. My first through fourth is quite nice. 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 take a little getting use to.

These cars will be a little hard to park -- cannot see the end of the front and rear vis is limited.

Great ride overall and interior is super.

Everything about the car is tough looking and feeling. Already got lots of attention.

If you all can hang on you will not be disappointed when your's arrive.

Beautiful! Congrats! That is the best combo and I would bet the bank (if i still had money) that this combo will be the top seller by leaps and bounds.

How the heck do you have so much information? It seems your Virginia dealer is building the car themselves with so much data. My dealer can't even type an email back to me without fat-fingering the keyboard and still telling me "there's a delay because of the HID" BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!

I'm going to tape my experience picking up the car one day dressed as Superman and with my a** cut out of my tights on how much they raped me of this entire experience!!!! Thanks Ford for making my 40th Birthday the most belated EVAR!!!!

^^ Drunk writing this...

I was able to get the same info from my dealer. A lot of it basically comes off the VVS, to which every dealer has access. It's the same thing that Ford Customer Relations uses. It is not a very good system, however. Up until last week, mine was still showing an ETA of May. Here is my updated information from VVS. Your dealer can do the same for you.

2010 Mustang Shelby G T 500 Coupe - VIN # 1ZVBP8JS1A5119647

PrimarySecondaryVehicle LocationStatus Date / TimeETA

In TransitReceived - Ltitri58 (Norfolk Southern Corp )Ramp 98, Fostoria Mc, OHJun-29-2009, 12:29 ETJul-10-2009

In TransitShipped Convoy - Convoy # 119180416 (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-29-2009, 07:11 ETJul-10-2009

Awaiting ShipmentOrigin Received - (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-26-2009, 22:23 ETJul-10-2009

Awaiting ShipmentOrigin Received - Tp09 (Autoport Limited )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-26-2009, 21:54 ETJul-10-2009

In TransitReceived - Rail (Auto Warehousing )Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MIJun-25-2009, 08:30 ETJul-10-2009

Awaiting ShipmentReleasedAutoalliance International Inc, MIJun-25-2009Jul-10-2009

In ProductionProducedAutoalliance International Inc, MIMay-07-2009

In ProductionBody ShopAutoalliance International Inc, MIMay-06-2009

In ProductionSent to PlantAutoalliance International Inc, MIApr-28-2009

In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (May-06-2009)Autoalliance International Inc, MIApr-20-2009

In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of May-04-2009)Autoalliance International Inc, MIApr-02-2009

In Order ProcessingUnscheduled- Material HoldJan-15-2009

Sorry, the formatting doesn't work. It's a table with the first line being the headings.

I was able to get the same info from my dealer. A lot of it basically comes off the VVS, to which every dealer has access. It's the same thing that Ford Customer Relations uses. It is not a very good system, however. Up until last week, mine was still showing an ETA of May. Here is my updated information from VVS. Your dealer can do the same for you.

2010 Mustang Shelby G T 500 Coupe - VIN # 1ZVBP8JS1A5119647

PrimarySecondaryVehicle LocationStatus Date / TimeETA

In TransitReceived - Ltitri58 (Norfolk Southern Corp )Ramp 98, Fostoria Mc, OHJun-29-2009, 12:29 ETJul-10-2009

In TransitShipped Convoy - Convoy # 119180416 (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-29-2009, 07:11 ETJul-10-2009

Awaiting ShipmentOrigin Received - (Jack Cooper Transport Co Inc )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-26-2009, 22:23 ETJul-10-2009

Awaiting ShipmentOrigin Received - Tp09 (Autoport Limited )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-26-2009, 21:54 ETJul-10-2009

In TransitReceived - Rail (Auto Warehousing )Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MIJun-25-2009, 08:30 ETJul-10-2009

Awaiting ShipmentReleasedAutoalliance International Inc, MIJun-25-2009Jul-10-2009

In ProductionProducedAutoalliance International Inc, MIMay-07-2009

In ProductionBody ShopAutoalliance International Inc, MIMay-06-2009

In ProductionSent to PlantAutoalliance International Inc, MIApr-28-2009

In Order ProcessingScheduled to Day (May-06-2009)Autoalliance International Inc, MIApr-20-2009

In Order ProcessingScheduled to Week (Week -of May-04-2009)Autoalliance International Inc, MIApr-02-2009

In Order ProcessingUnscheduled- Material HoldJan-15-2009

Sorry, the formatting doesn't work. It's a table with the first line being the headings.

do you the Mulally note helped,or was it just fortuitous.I would have my friend send a thank you if it did--at least its on its way--congrats.I tried to get pics of it on the train,but its fenced and couldnt get close enough to maek it out.I would thonk itd be there by weekend--mine took 4 days once it was on the train.

^^ Drunk writing this...

Please post pictures of you in your outfit when you pick-up your car :hysterical::hysterical:

do you the Mulally note helped,or was it just fortuitous.I would have my friend send a thank you if it did--at least its on its way--congrats.I tried to get pics of it on the train,but its fenced and couldnt get close enough to maek it out.I would thonk itd be there by weekend--mine took 4 days once it was on the train.

Completely fortuitous, no doubt. However, it was nice to get a very fast response from Ford and to learn a little more about the process.

One other item I will check out tomorrow or so -- the button that opens the trunk is just to left of the shifter. I sure hope there is a safety lock that it does not work when the car is moving.

Thank god -- it does look like the trunk release is cut off while you are moving. The trunk release button is right next to the buttons for stability control modes and the emergency flashers.

Archived