TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DUTCH GT500 going overseas!!!

DutchGT500

:banana piano: :banana piano: Just heard the news that 1ZVHT88S675267880 will be coming within 10 days at the dealership. From there she will go to Europe. I wanted to share this with you.

I am in doubt whether to have the dealership do a 3.73 or 4.10 install before she goes. I maybe have plans to do the Superpack (whipple upgrade, 700hp) and 4.10 will probably be too much. My 97 Cobra has 4.10s but that is with 400hp less. What do you guys think? Wait and enjoy the car and have it done when plans come together? Now with the 3.31s and speed limiter to be removed I can go to Germany and maybe hit 180 if the hood won't fly off. :shift::fan:

Thats great news Patrick . It's been a long wait but you are finally getting close. If I were you I would have the gears done after you get the car.

#1 you get to see how the car performs in stock trim.

#2 you will have some recourse if there is a problem

#3 If you are going end up with 700hp, the 373s are the way to go. Esp in Europe .IMO

I hope everything works out for you. God bless!

George....

:banana piano: :banana piano: Just heard the news that 1ZVHT88S675267880 will be coming within 10 days at the dealership. From there she will go to Europe. I wanted to share this with you.

I am in doubt whether to have the dealership do a 3.73 or 4.10 install before she goes. I maybe have plans to do the Superpack (whipple upgrade, 700hp) and 4.10 will probably be too much. My 97 Cobra has 4.10s but that is with 400hp less. What do you guys think? Wait and enjoy the car and have it done when plans come together? Now with the 3.31s and speed limiter to be removed I can go to Germany and maybe hit 180 if the hood won't fly off. :shift::fan:

Watch that hood Patrick - Mine was waffling pretty good at 205KM.

Congrats, Patrick!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

And now for my venting...Shelby's are being delivered to The Netherlands, but I can't even get a VIN for one in Colorado. This is killing me! :banghead:

`r pretzel` When I got my car Saturday I thought of you for some reason , I can`t understand how a car can be on material hold so long. What does your dealer say? I waited 1year 2weeks & believe me it is worth it.

Thank God For The People on this forum including you.

`r pretzel` When I got my car Saturday I thought of you for some reason , I can`t understand how a car can be on material hold so long. What does your dealer say? I waited 1year 2weeks & believe me it is worth it.

Thank God For The People on this forum including you.

See my signature for the expected delivery. Tiny dealer...very low priority. Even Ralph said my situation is not unusual. But it sure is frustrating!

Congrats, Patrick!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

And now for my venting...Shelby's are being delivered to The Netherlands, but I can't even get a VIN for one in Colorado. This is killing me! :banghead:

7AM at work.

Thanks for your compassion. Yep, I ordered one at March 13 and had to let go of the first one as the first dealership wanted 15K ADM just 2 weeks before delivery in August while I had a MSRP agreement. I said f@##%* I will go somewhere else. Now it seems to come together finally. I believe it when I see the car in Amsterdam.

7AM at work.

Thanks for your compassion. Yep, I ordered one at March 13 and had to let go of the first one as the first dealership wanted 15K ADM just 2 weeks before delivery in August while I had a MSRP agreement. I said f@##%* I will go somewhere else. Now it seems to come together finally. I believe it when I see the car in Amsterdam.

Well as it appears for me I may be able to see your car before I see mine. Like Prezel I have a Q2 07 delivery date. However I may be back in Veenendaal before that. If that happens I am definately sending you an email to see if we can catch up so I can see your new beauty.

Well as it appears for me I may be able to see your car before I see mine. Like Prezel I have a Q2 07 delivery date. However I may be back in Veenendaal before that. If that happens I am definately sending you an email to see if we can catch up so I can see your new beauty.

Ben jij Nederlands dan?

Ben jij Nederlands dan?

Mostly German but the company I work for owns two companies in Veenendaal. And currently the do not have any Engineers over there so a couple of us here in the States get to do a rotation. Generally we do 2 or 3 weeks over there at a time and someone goes every other month.

Mostly German but the company I work for owns two companies in Veenendaal. And currently the do not have any Engineers over there so a couple of us here in the States get to do a rotation. Generally we do 2 or 3 weeks over there at a time and someone goes every other month.

Do visit me if you are here. The car will hopefully be here before years end. In January I will go to the inspection for license plates. But no driving when there is snow or salt.

Do visit me if you are here. The car will hopefully be here before years end. In January I will go to the inspection for license plates. But no driving when there is snow or salt.

I'll let you know when the tickets are booked. As nice as it was I am hoping I do not have to go again. I lost 2 weeks of working on my house. So now it is basically winter and I still have unfinished outside projects that will stay unfinished until spring :doh: .

Archived