TEAM SHELBY FORUM

plant closing

konablue

When I was waiting for my 2007, I had a scheduled build date was 6/21 with scheduled delivery to the dealer on 7/10. I was convinced the July 4th closure would delay delivery, but to my surprise it arrived just like they said - on 7/10.

Very interesting. I guess only certain parts of the whole car production process is affected by the two week vacation? I don't know...but like you, I would have been happily surprised on July 10th! Another good story.

My Kona Blue w/silver cpe. will arrive also 7/10/09 as promised......GO BLU

Wow...your ordering process moved along quite quickly too. What was your secret? :lurk: hehe.

Guys Guys, settle down step back from your computer & take several deep breaths . Okay now you know what we went through when we ordered our 07`s & most of us stayed sane . The first thing you will say on the site when you get your car is" wow it was worththe wait trust me. Now go have a drink or two.

I agree, It's a TUFF wait, but you will like the end result!happy%20feet.gif:lurk:

I agree, that you need to step away a bit and let it rest. But at the same time, we cannot let Ford off the hook for this one. Several of us have had our cars built for more than a couple of months now, and they are still not delivered. I am on my sixth different delivery "window", and I see no reason to pay nearly $50k to be jerked around. Patience is fine, but companies need to be held accountable. If in fact the cars have been pulled in for another QC problem, then my main concern is that this is the fourth time, and I question the quality of the entire car. I'm a loyal Ford guy, have owned a dozen over the last 25 years and road race a 95 Cobra R. So I'm not naive when it comes to Ford, but business is business.

Its pretty tough for folks like Cobra 010, myself and some others who have VINs that end in 10xxxx who haven't received our cars while some guys who ordered in May have already received them. We're happy for those that have them, but we'd like ours as well. We are beyond 6-7 months since ordering our cars at this point. If there is in fact another QC hold, I'm definitely leaning toward getting my deposit back and revisiting this purchase in six months or so.

I agree, that you need to step away a bit and let it rest. But at the same time, we cannot let Ford off the hook for this one. Several of us have had our cars built for more than a couple of months now, and they are still not delivered. I am on my sixth different delivery "window", and I see no reason to pay nearly $50k to be jerked around. Patience is fine, but companies need to be held accountable. If in fact the cars have been pulled in for another QC problem, then my main concern is that this is the fourth time, and I question the quality of the entire car. I'm a loyal Ford guy, have owned a dozen over the last 25 years and road race a 95 Cobra R. So I'm not naive when it comes to Ford, but business is business.

Its pretty tough for folks like Cobra 010, myself and some others who have VINs that end in 10xxxx who haven't received our cars while some guys who ordered in May have already received them. We're happy for those that have them, but we'd like ours as well. We are beyond 6-7 months since ordering our cars at this point. If there is in fact another QC hold, I'm definitely leaning toward getting my deposit back and revisiting this purchase in six months or so.

Well put, Still Intense!

Very interesting. I guess only certain parts of the whole car production process is affected by the two week vacation? I don't know...but like you, I would have been happily surprised on July 10th! Another good story.

Wow...your ordering process moved along quite quickly too. What was your secret? :lurk: hehe.

Dumb luck...............GO BLU

I agree with you 100%.

I am going to get the dealer to sale mine when it gets in and

just get my money back. I had four paint issues with my 07

and the clutch issue. Now with all of the quality issues with the

2010's. Think I'll let someone else have all that fun.

Archived