TEAM SHELBY FORUM

plant closing

konablue

I believe you are correct! I think the the AA plant is closing for vaction. It happens ever year. Not fair but it does happen.

If you DONT have a VIN this closing doesnt really effect you. Your still MONTHS away. Well I guess I see what your saying. If they were to work for these 2 weeks then YOUR car would get a VIN quicker!

MM

is the plant closing for two weeks if so why this is crazy i whant my car over three months no vin :banghead:

When is it closing?? Actually I thought it already had? Based on the fact I have not received mine yet going on 4 months since build. Of course if they finally ship it I probably will not have as much to complain about. :happy feet: :cry: Of course that is a good thing. :happy feet: :hysterical:

Cobra010

I have seen both things happen. If theres enough cars to fill the railcars up then they get shipped, but if theres only a few cars then they will sit until the lot fill back up. I know this isnt what you want to hear, but I have had both things happen to me!!

MM

mine has been released for shipping!- vehicle visabilit says in transit received-rail- then says awaiting shipment- thens says released- does this mean its coming?

roadpig: it means that as soon as they get to your car, it will be loaded on a train and shipped. Mine allegedly shipped Saturday night. My car had the exact same status of your current status for about a month. Released just means that the car has been turned over to the rail company; it doesn't mean that its on a rail car on its way to you.

What you want to look for on VVS is a rail car number; then you know for sure that its inbound.

Cobra 010: my understanding is that they are going to ship that backlog of cars prior to closing.....I am sure that our cars are in the hands of the railroad at this point.

roadpig: it means that as soon as they get to your car, it will be loaded on a train and shipped. Mine allegedly shipped Saturday night. My car had the exact same status of your current status for about a month. Released just means that the car has been turned over to the rail company; it doesn't mean that its on a rail car on its way to you.

What you want to look for on VVS is a rail car number; then you know for sure that its inbound.

Cobra 010: my understanding is that they are going to ship that backlog of cars prior to closing.....I am sure that our cars are in the hands of the railroad at this point.

so lets see if ive got this- if mines been released to the rail company as vvs says then the plant closing for vacation will not stop it from being shipped- correct?

Is this VVS you are speaking of the dealer program visions? If so as of Friday mine still didn't show anything??? :headscratch::banghead::angry22:

Cobra010

RoadPig: I'm not positive, but I THINK that once its been released, then the railroad can still pick it up and ship it.

Cobra 010: yes, VVS is the Vehicle Visibility System that the dealer uses. In my opinion, the only thing that can verify that your car is inbound is when that darn thing can give you a rail car number. Also, tell your dealership to call their ramp (wherever the ramp is that your car is loaded onto a truck for shipment to your dealer. In your case, it may be Atlanta), and have that ramp call ramp 51 at Flat Rock to see if the car is on a train and gone.....

Cobra mine came into Atl on CSX and was offoaded at Alled Systems yard (the old Taurus plant). They have the car haulers that will bring it to Macon.MM was dealing with Alled to get final delivery info to me

RoadPig: I'm not positive, but I THINK that once its been released, then the railroad can still pick it up and ship it.

Cobra 010: yes, VVS is the Vehicle Visibility System that the dealer uses. In my opinion, the only thing that can verify that your car is inbound is when that darn thing can give you a rail car number. Also, tell your dealership to call their ramp (wherever the ramp is that your car is loaded onto a truck for shipment to your dealer. In your case, it may be Atlanta), and have that ramp call ramp 51 at Flat Rock to see if the car is on a train and gone.....

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Heres a good one... I dont even know what to make of this...

I just spoke to my dealer, and he spoke to "Cooper Transport" which brings the cars from AAI in Flat Rock, to the Rail Cars. They told us that the cars at the rail yard lines were brought BACK to the lot at Flat Rock for "some other QC issues". So, after Ralph Arning told me on the phone that my car would be ON A TRAIN by Wednesday 6/24, there was NO TRUTH to it. The car is NOWHERE. Has ANYONE heard of ANY other issues with these cars, that would keep them from shipping? Or is this just a load of shit?

:fan:

What the :censored: !!! That better not be true, Ive just about had it!

AGAIN- This is what the trucking company in Flat Rock told us this morning... I am actively searching for more information.

I have totally had it... I am DISGUSTED with this whole experience. I will NEVER custom order another car again.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Heres a good one... I dont even know what to make of this...

I just spoke to my dealer, and he spoke to "Cooper Transport" which brings the cars from AAI in Flat Rock, to the Rail Cars. They told us that the cars at the rail yard lines were brought BACK to the lot at Flat Rock for "some other QC issues". So, after Ralph Arning told me on the phone that my car would be ON A TRAIN by Wednesday 6/24, there was NO TRUTH to it. The car is NOWHERE. Has ANYONE heard of ANY other issues with these cars, that would keep them from shipping? Or is this just a load of shit?

:fan:

IF YOU WANT MISINFORMATION TALK TO YOUR DEALER OR FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger::finger::banghead:

IF YOU WANT MISINFORMATION TALK TO YOUR DEALER OR FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :finger::finger::banghead:

I just confirmed with the owner of my dealership, who spoke to the Ford Zone Rep and trucking company, and I will quote:

"I spoke to my zone manager and trucking company, this morning. She is reiterating quality control. It seems Ford found something, on the Mustang, they did not like and called the cars back to the factory. The trucking company is telling me the same. It was set for pickup but went back to the factory."

Take it for what it's worth... For all I know my car could show up tomorrow, or it could be August before I see it.

If I didn't have a hefty deposit down, I would cancel this order and buy one off a lot somewhere. There are like, 9 of them on eBay now. One exactly like mine is SUPPOSED to be, for MSRP or best offer...

If I didn't have a hefty deposit down, I would cancel this order and buy one off a lot somewhere. There are like, 9 of them on eBay now. One exactly like mine is SUPPOSED to be, for MSRP or best offer...

I'm thinking that I should have done the same thing. Even if I had to travel a good distance to pick up the car. I really had no idea the whole custom factory order thing would be such a frustrating process.

Guys Guys, settle down step back from your computer & take several deep breaths . Okay now you know what we went through when we ordered our 07`s & most of us stayed sane . The first thing you will say on the site when you get your car is" wow it was worththe wait trust me. Now go have a drink or two.

Guys Guys, settle down step back from your computer & take several deep breaths . Okay now you know what we went through when we ordered our 07`s & most of us stayed sane . The first thing you will say on the site when you get your car is" wow it was worththe wait trust me. Now go have a drink or two.

OK, Now that I am breathing deeply and am drunk as a skunk... tell me... Uh- What has become of the ones that didn't stay sane???

Thanks Shelby001. You are probably right. We all just need to relax and enjoy life for the time being and eventually our cars will get to us. I guess I've made the mistake of making it a huge part of my day - meaning wondering all the time if/when I'm going to get it. And jumping on this message board 100 times a day.

Again...I appreciate you being the voice of reason.

OK, Now that I am breathing deeply and am drunk as a skunk... tell me... Uh- What has become of the ones that didn't stay sane???

They are on here but they don`t say much about their Smart Cars they drive. :hysterical:

Thanks Shelby001. You are probably right. We all just need to relax and enjoy life for the time being and eventually our cars will get to us. I guess I've made the mistake of making it a huge part of my day - meaning wondering all the time if/when I'm going to get it. And jumping on this message board 100 times a day.

Again...I appreciate you being the voice of reason.

I understand what your going through my car was to be de livered by August/07 never got built until October 07 & was delivered Nov 13/07 just in time to put it away for winter I think I put 60 miles on it. Hope that you ALL get your cars soon . Hang in there.

I am in my 4th month so no 1 month doesn't mean anything. Also this is not 07' this is 010' about time they figured out how to build a car and get it delivered.

IMHO! :lurk::shift:

cobra010

Your situation is quite unique Cobra010. You know out of everyone here (including myself) - I'm hoping that you get your car next.

I understand what your going through my car was to be delivered by August/07 never got built until October 07 & was delivered Nov 13/07 just in time to put it away for winter I think I put 60 miles on it. Hope that you ALL get your cars soon . Hang in there.

Wow...a three month delivery "adjustment". That's tough. I'll be driving my car in the winter...as long as there's no snow on the ground.

I understand that ordering a car is not like going through a drive-thru and ordering a hamburger and having it a short time later...but this is my first experience in ordering a car and I just thought that the process would be a bit more detailed, organized, structured and systematic.

I sometimes just get so anxious looking at the pics and comments of the members here that have got their cars. I'm just so passionate about mustangs to begin with and I just love these shelbys. It's hard at times to see all of that and just sit and wait.

Thanks again.

When I was waiting for my 2007, I had a scheduled build date of 6/21 with scheduled delivery to the dealer on 7/10. I was convinced the July 4th closure would delay delivery, but to my surprise it arrived just like they said - on 7/10.

Archived