TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT FAQ

crispy23c

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....I'm not quite sure what you are asking about the Paxton upgrade.

In general, SAI does offer the supercharger upgrade. It is a Paxton supercharger with "Shelby" on it. If you want SAI to install the supercharger you have to either pick the car up in Vegas through the Museum delivery or arrange for private shipping with SAI. They can not ship it to your dealer. The other option is to order the spercharger separately, have it shipped to you and installed locally. The cost for the supercharger is $4795 + $200 if you want it polished. I was initially qouted $1200 install but another member has been qouted $1400 since. SAI is currently awaiting delivery of the supercharger and no supercharger Shelby GTs have been built yet. On 2/12 I was told 3-4 weeks for the supercharger to arrive.

Maybe I answered your question in there. Oh yeah, 470-475 HP.

PS.

If you are going to pick the car up in Vegas, call as soon as you have a VIN. I know of one owner who didn't call in time and their car was shipped to the dealer in the first week of deliveries. a bit bitter sweet.

.....I'm not quite sure what you are asking about the Paxton upgrade.

In general, SAI does offer the supercharger upgrade. It is a Paxton supercharger with "Shelby" on it. If you want SAI to install the supercharger you have to either pick the car up in Vegas through the Museum delivery or arrange for private shipping with SAI. They can not ship it to your dealer. The other option is to order the spercharger separately, have it shipped to you and installed locally. The cost for the supercharger is $4795 + $200 if you want it polished. I was initially qouted $1200 install but another member has been qouted $1400 since. SAI is currently awaiting delivery of the supercharger and no supercharger Shelby GTs have been built yet. On 2/12 I was told 3-4 weeks for the supercharger to arrive.

Maybe I answered your question in there. Oh yeah, 470-475 HP.

PS.

If you are going to pick the car up in Vegas, call as soon as you have a VIN. I know of one owner who didn't call in time and their car was shipped to the dealer in the first week of deliveries. a bit bitter sweet.

Thanks, Yes you answered my question. I already have the car. So im sure if i ordered the S/C now i would not get for a while because of the back log im sure.

Thankyou........

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Gentlemen,

Need some advise here. I got a special autograph from Carroll Shelby on my visor and want to protect it for the future. Anyone use anything? any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanx Steve

You might try the other Shelby forum, I know there are several posts about autographs. I'd suggest starting with this one: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=1065

Matt

• 3 months later...
ASI,

I know I am new to this, but I feel the need to voice my concerns and questions. My question is did the same crappy craftsmen ship and NO pride in work go into the Shelby GT #001 that crossed the stage at Barrit Jackson for over $550,000.00? Is that owner looking at a cut up factory grill left behide the replacement grill? Is he watching his hood scoop come off screw/ribbit at a time? I like MANY people who bought this car for well over $40K with in understanding and trust in the Shelby name are disapointed.

Jim

Shelby did come up will a replacement design but it is only available to 07 owners through SPP. I can't speak to whether it's available or not but it is listed in the catalog for purchase. There were some that did not like the original design with the factory left behind. I fall in the camp that you really have to look for it to find it. Not sure if worth $105 to replace. I think my car is kind of "special" with the hacked up Ford grill still included. But I understand not all don't feel the same.

Shelby Billet Grill housing

SKU: 100848 Part No: 8S3Z-8200-H $104.95

Archived