TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT FAQ

crispy23c

Please feel free to post common questions/answers here, and it will be edited for content so that we have an appropriate spot for FAQs on the Shelby GT, reducing multiple re-posts of threads. Answers will be edited as info becomes more available. Thanks!

General Description of the Shelby GT (from the Shelby Web-Site), with highlights:

The Shelby GT will be offered only as a coupe, and only in two exterior colors, Performance White or Black. Both colors are accented by silver LeMans-style racing stripes – a signature detail of classic Shelby Mustangs. The LeMans stripes extend over the hood, roof, and trunk, and are complemented by matching side stripes with “Shelby GT” nomenclature.

The powerful face of the Shelby GT features a unique front fascia, with a more aggressive lower air dam. The brushed-aluminum grille is accented by an offset Mustang logo. In addition, the Shelby GT has a new hood scoop that comes directly from the famed Shelby Cobra roadster.

The side profile features 18-inch wheels and unique side scoops just before the rear wheel arches. The rear fascia frames the larger dual exhaust tips, and is topped by Shelby badging on the trunk lid.

Inside, features include ‘Shelby GT' logo floor mats and custom sill plates with Shelby GT nomenclature. In addition, the Shelby GT features an authentication plate on the center dashboard, as well as matching tag underhood. This tag features the CSX number, which is recorded in the Shelby Automobiles registry.

Shelby GT models will begin as a stock Mustang GT assembled at AutoAlliance International assembly plant in Flat Rock, Mich. The cars are then shipped to the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas for modification before delivery to Ford dealerships.

Q: Through what dealers can I order this car?

A: Your local dealer should be able to order this car. Any of the roughly 4,000 Ford dealers can get one (1) Shelby GT.

Q: When can I order this car?

A: Right now!!!

Q: What codes would the dealer use to order a Shelby-GT?

A: orders to be placed in ford concepts mustang gt (t82) with shelby upfitters package option code (54U) which is exclusive to the shelby gt only. The dealer must add the following shelby drop ship code 88WKH7.

Q: When does the building of Shelby-GTs begin?

A: Estimated mid-December for the first orders.

Q: What options are/will be available for this car?

A: Tough question, as the options are evolving on a daily basis.

Q: What will be the cost of the Shelby GT?

A: Estimated base price is around $35,970 plus $1,000 gas guzzler tax.

Q: Is a convertible version available?

A: No, only coupes are available. Being considered for '08.

Q: How many of these will be produced?

A: Production slated for 6,000 units per year.

Q: Is this the FRPP packs that are normally on the car or upgrades to the standard Shelby GT items?

A: These are all upgrades to the car.

Q: Is Supercharger going to be centrifical or screw type?

A: Supercharger will be a paxton with the "Shelby" brand on it.

Q: Will there be upgraded brakes as an option?

A: The brakes they will offer are bear. They will have "Shelby" in the calipers

Other general information/notes:

- SAE certified rating for the Shelby GT is 319 HP

- Supercharger details should be available soon, details (HP #'s, install details, and cost) not yet available. Expected at approximately 470 HP with S/C option, Take delivery at Shelby in Vegas for after-market install or order an S/C through Shelby and install at your locale.

- Polished Bullitts available only on white GT, Black Bullitts available only on Black GT

-Manual Trans cars get 3.55 gears, while automatics get 3.31's

-All have the spoiler delete, floor mat delete, and spare tire delete (inflator kit provider). All have side airbags. All have bright aluminum pedals, with the Mustang GT's Interior Upgrade Package optional.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how we can order a car right now, but not yet know the options available and/or pricing thereof?

Options installed later, or order changes/updates?

Just wondering.

Am glad we can start ordering!

I don't know. But if you want one, you better order now. The people finding out they can't get a GT500 or can't fund one will jump on this boat. I'm glad to be the 1st on at the dealer. :happy feet:

Crispy,

I know that your 1st couple paragraphs are right from Shelby Autos. I don't know what changed, but it appears the Chromed wheels are only on the white car. Black for the black car. This is what i've read and been told by two dealers.

MM- look at the last paragraph under other general info/notes, and you will see this. Thanks, though! And to reduce confusion, I have deleted that part of the Shelby description (unless/until it changes).

Are the wheels confirmed bullits or were they just used on the prototypes and photo shoot? I was hoping 18" razors....20" look good but probably a bit heavy.

18" Bullitts, from what I understand...you can always order the appropriate razors afterward, and still use the tires you got on the car, if you got 18's

Keep that info coming!

MM- look at the last paragraph under other general info/notes, and you will see this. Thanks, though! And to reduce confusion, I have deleted that part of the Shelby description (unless/until it changes).

18" Bullitts, from what I understand...you can always order the appropriate razors afterward, and still use the tires you got on the car, if you got 18's

Keep that info coming!

Anyone heard any ordering news for Canada?

I don't know. But if you want one, you better order now. The people finding out they can't get a GT500 or can't fund one will jump on this boat. I'm glad to be the 1st on at the dealer. :happy feet:

MM, Rob,

Just spoke with a salesman in Minneapolis. He said that his dealership has ordered both a black and a white GT. Management of this dealership has decided to sell both of these for $30K over list. Now this salesmans a good guy and he apologized that we wouldn't be able to work a deal with him knowing that I wouldn't pay that. He said that is ridiculous considering that GT500's can be found for $55-60K.

He also figures that I'll get a big surprise when my car finally gets to Atlanta. Probably way over list. He said that my signed contract is basically a first right to refusal. :banghead:

MM..what kind of contract do you have?

Bill

MM, Rob,

Just spoke with a salesman in Minneapolis. He said that his dealership has ordered both a black and a white GT. Management of this dealership has decided to sell both of these for $30K over list. Now this salesmans a good guy and he apologized that we wouldn't be able to work a deal with him knowing that I wouldn't pay that. He said that is ridiculous considering that GT500's can be found for $55-60K.

He also figures that I'll get a big surprise when my car finally gets to Atlanta. Probably way over list. He said that my signed contract is basically a first right to refusal. :banghead:

Bill

Wow, that's downright disturbing.... :censored: , here we go again...at least the salesman realizes this is ridiculous...

MM, Rob,

Bill

Its basic. The Vehicle Order Confirmation signed by me and the General manager with MSRP DEAL and SHELBY GT on it. I think it would fly. If they want to test me i'll have the local TV station down there and a big shot attorney just for general principle. It would likely cost them more than they'd make on the ADM. I'd spend 10-15K kicking the :censored: out of thier :censored: just for $h!t$ and giggles. Now see what you did. You got me going. :finger:

Its basic. The Vehicle Order Confirmation signed by me and the General manager with MSRP DEAL and SHELBY GT on it. I think it would fly. If they want to test me i'll have the local TV station down there and a big shot attorney just for general principle. It would likely cost them more than they'd make on the ADM. I'd spend 10-15K kicking the :censored: out of thier :censored: just for $h!t$ and giggles. Now see what you did. You got me going. :finger:

I think you're good, MM1. Just wave a lawyer in front of a dealer and they should back down, if they have any sanity at all.

Edit: By the way, I added a few new FAQs this morning...

We got our Shelby allocation and literature today from our Ford rep, and promptly put our orders in today. Latest info from our Ford rep is that production will be closer to 6,000 - not 10,000 as previously stated - and for just one model year. Perhaps a second year is possible, but for now they are only planning on a one year run. Shelby will start construction of these cars in December 2006 with deliveries to Ford dealers throughout the 1st quarter of 2007 (January - March).

Black or White - either with silver stripes. Coupes only, but they can be ordered as Deluxe or Premium, so cloth or leather would be theoretically possible, although I suspect most will order the Premium model to get the leather.

Black GT's get the black 18" Bullitt wheels, while White GT's get the polished 18" Bullitt wheels. All have California Special side scoops, front air dam, and rear diffuser. All have the spoiler delete, floor mat delete, and spare tire delete (inflator kit provider). All have side airbags. All have bright aluminum pedals, with the Mustang GT's Interior Upgrade Package optional. Manual Trans cars get 3.55 gears, while automatics get 3.31's.

Any of the roughly 4,000 Ford dealers can get one (1) Shelby GT. With just 6,000 being built, most dealers will get just one. Higher volume dealers will get two (2) Shelby GT's. Just a handful of dealers nationwide will get a 3rd Shelby GT. The dealership I work for has been allocated 2 Shelby GT's. And here's the catch, for dealers that get multiple Shelby GT's, you have to order different colors and transmissions! For example, we ordered the first one black with manual trans, and the second one white with the automatic.

Final pricing has not yet been released. Ford's best guess at a suggested retail price (MSRP) is still rumored at roughly $35K. Many dealers will likely mark up their Shelby GT's above MSRP - hopefully not as high as the GT500's!

The literature we received makes no mention of 3.73 gears, superchargers, better brakes, etc. If Shelby Automobiles is providing those goodies as optional upgrades, it appears that it will be done after-the-purchase.

Five Oh B always has the most helpfull info. Man you are an asset to the site. Thanks dude.

Happy to help. Thanks for not shooting the messenger on this one (some info on the car is a little different than many of us were expecting). Now, if we could just get an official MSRP announcement!

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Nov 29 2006, 09:17 PM) 68574[/snapback]

Happy to help. Thanks for not shooting the messenger on this one (some info on the car is a little different than many of us were expecting). Now, if we could just get an official MSRP announcement!

Five O

Was there any info on the Las Vegas pickup possibility?

Thanks for the info!!

Five Oh B, thanks so much for providing additional details- you are always awesome, and your input is appreciated. I amended & added to the FAQs. Thanks! ;)

edit: as an afterthought...if Shelby does not build the GT in '08...then what will they be building.......?

:idea::idea: dare...I... say....GT 350 .....? They have to build something there! Here I go again...on that GT 350 kick.... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :headspin::drop:

Was there any info on the Las Vegas pickup possibility? Thanks for the info!!

Our info didn't mention Las Vegas deliveries. My understanding is that the 07 Mustang GT's ordered at the dealership level are then sent to Las Vegas for final outfitting/changes to be transformed into Shelby GT's before being sent to the selling dealership for delivery to the customer. As the dealership is the seller - not Shelby Automobiles - it would make sense that the customer would have to take delivery at the dealership. However, we can have cars dropped-shipped to other dealerships for "courtesy deliveries" so I wonder if SA would have the ability or willingness to do "courtesy deliveries" for customers (assuming all paperwork and monies were tended to beforehand)? Just thinking out loud.........

Your the man Five Oh. Bookem Danno. :happy feet:

You won't see me in Hawaiian print shorts chasing after bad guys anytime soon. "Danno" - you're funny!

I have no foundation of knowledge but the "courtesy delivery" at Shelby in Vegas sounds like it fits with what Amy said about having the supercharger installed.

The logistics of doing the PDI, and pre-delivery inspection, and Temp lic. sticker and paying for the car will be a nightmare. I bet it does not happen. :shrug:

Found this.....485HP!! :shift:

"Hi, Let me see if I can explain it a bit better, we are still working through this all but as it stands now, you will buy your car from the dealer, you can take delivery of that car in vegas just the way it is or you can order upgrades and we will install and then pick up your car in Vegas.

I can not upgrade the car with a supercharger without going thru testing, epa, nitsa, etc and that will take a year. So the supercharger will be done afterwards. But, you could take delivery in your home town and buy the shelby supercharger from us and have installed in your town. The supercharger right now is a paxton with over 485 HP and has Shelby engraved on it."

Amy

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=56659

....Now if somebody could just tell me how to order the Vegas pick up???

Thought y'all might like this Bold Moves vid on the Shelby GT -- it's a good one!

http://www.mustangevolution.com/shelby-gt-...rcial/#more-140

Btw, where did the 485HP number come from? Just curious... when I was at SEMA I spent some time talking to several FRPP folks and the Whipple pack#4 is somewhere around 425HP. However, he did mention that they've been surprised on how much the 4.6 will hold and they are working with Ford <lol> to get warranty cert for the Whipple pack (like Roush). I can't see Ford being willing to warranty any more with a Vortech or Paxton centrifugal Anyhow, I'm surprised at 485HP unless Ford may be planning a bottom-end upgrade on the 4.6 -- which would be a superb idea! Also 485 is just too close to the GT500 and with a few hundred pounds diff would be as fast/faster. Further, the cooling design of the 4.6 and cooling capacity of the existing design is not going to take 485HP on a road course. I'm assuming the brakes would be ok since I'm assuming they'll upgrade them, else, no way.

So I'm figuring 420-435HP, no more -- I would like 485, but don't see it without renovations to cooling, heads, bottom-end in addition to packs 1,2,3, and the Vortech/intercooler... can't see that happening -- or did I miss something that SA or Amy or ??? said along the way? Any insight?

-Dan

ok, I was reading at BON and MS (Amy B posts).

Sounds like the Shelby GT is still whateve the GT-H was in HP (325?).

Ordered from your dealer, picked-up at your dealer or SA,LV.

Separate arrangement: SA,LV will offer a Paxton S/C upgrade (485HP) afterwards -- not cert'd for delivery to Ford dealer, i.e. your warranty is toast (??), and that mod must be ordered from SA,LV and either picked-up there or, possibly, they'll/you'll make arrangements to ship it to you. <edit:> or you can get the Paxton as a kit from SA,LV and put it on your existing Shelby GT yourself. They'll also sell you the kit for your existing 4.6 GT (non-Shelby) as well as the other mods, but it will NOT then get the CS serial plate (i.e. not a Shelby GT -- no prob).

Unless they/Paxton get the Paxton cert'd through Ford so you keep your full Ford warranty (very unlikely at 485HP), I would not go for the Paxton, at least not up front...

Hmmm... anyone heard any rumors on a Shelby GT job-2 with forged goodies? ;-)

ok, I was reading at BON and MS (Amy B posts).

Sounds like the Shelby GT is still whateve the GT-H was in HP (325?).

Ordered from your dealer, picked-up at your dealer or SA,LV.

Separate arrangement: SA,LV will offer a Paxton S/C upgrade (485HP) afterwards -- not cert'd for delivery to Ford dealer, i.e. your warranty is toast (??), and that mod must be ordered from SA,LV and either picked-up there or, possibly, they'll/you'll make arrangements to ship it to you. <edit:> or you can get the Paxton as a kit from SA,LV and put it on your existing Shelby GT yourself. They'll also sell you the kit for your existing 4.6 GT (non-Shelby) as well as the other mods, but it will NOT then get the CS serial plate (i.e. not a Shelby GT -- no prob).

Unless they/Paxton get the Paxton cert'd through Ford so you keep your full Ford warranty (very unlikely at 485HP), I would not go for the Paxton, at least not up front...

Hmmm... anyone heard any rumors on a Shelby GT job-2 with forged goodies? ;-)

I have not, 68fastback. That was my question as well. Like you, I was thinking 400-425 as well--and that would be nearly as fast as a '500, but probably better handling due to the weight reduction vs a '500. That excites me. So, the 485 HP is at the bottom of the faq as unconfirmed for now. If in fact it toasts your warranty, I would be more likely to go with FRPP s/c installed at a dealer. We'll have to wait & see...

I have not, 68fastback. That was my question as well. Like you, I was thinking 400-425 as well--and that would be nearly as fast as a '500, but probably better handling due to the weight reduction vs a '500. That excites me. So, the 485 HP is at the bottom of the faq as unconfirmed for now. If in fact it toasts your warranty, I would be more likely to go with FRPP s/c installed at a dealer. We'll have to wait & see...

hmmm....interesting about the FRPP supercharger...I didn't think of that alternative. I would like to have the Shelby supercharger for authenticity and power but I am concerned about the warranty. I am drifting a little out of my depth now. I am going to begin researching but I am also interested in opinions.

hmmm....interesting about the FRPP supercharger...I didn't think of that alternative. I would like to have the Shelby supercharger for authenticity and power but I am concerned about the warranty. I am drifting a little out of my depth now. I am going to begin researching but I am also interested in opinions.

I directly asked Amy the HP and warranty questions. When I get a response, I'll post it. Even with the FRPP S/C, I would verify the warranty question, I just thought that it might be possible- as it might be possible through Shelby- but is unknown at this point. It is good to have options, though! :shift:

Hmmm, I thought the Whipple would be best but after thinking about it , I would rather have the S/C installed at the SA factory for originality. I'm sure SA will have the tuning done correctly so we won't be popping motors. 485 HP gets me excited and a lighter motor than the GT500 would make an interesting combo. That little Cobra did just fine with a 289......

Paxton has a long history with Carroll Shelby and I would want to see that Paxton/Shelby S/C on my car. As far the warrantee goes, I'm willing to take my chances.....(these are hopefully not famous last words). In the long term, the more original options put on the car at the factory, makes the car more individual and special.

-Tim-

Black '07 Shelby GT on order

Archived