TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post here if you own a GT/SC

wmoore

Chris,

Thanks for posting the photos. Your car looks great! Love to see some additional photos when you have a chance -- like photos with the hood open so we can see the blower and the underside of your hood.

Jim

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just checked it out. After I warmed it up . At Idle 30 psi. rev 40-45 psi. sounds like yours is good.

Sure nice to hear her sing!!! Thanks !!!

I thought I replyed to this before.... :headscratch:

But ... thanks for the rapid reply! Mine gets put away from Dec through Feb also. Now If I can get 12 inches of snow to melt I just might drive it when I get back from Vegas March 3rd!!!

thanx Will. I am glad to have it back. Hopefully I will get to actually drive it and see what it will do soon. Changing the oil and going back with Royal Purple Sat.

Chris

You guys have had some bad weather this winter....heres to blue skies and dry roads!!! I probably will not be able to get mine out til sometime in April.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

White 07 SGT now has 550 Ford Racing Whipple 550 installed. Since I live out near the boondocks and many miles from Vegas I decided to take a chance on my local Ford Dealer for the install. The Master Tech that did the install had a lot of fun at my expense. He insisted that we go on a checkout ride together and we both had a difficult time wiping the smiles from our faces upon our return. I was lucky to find a caring and skilled technician at a local shop. He did a very nice job and we are both happy.

post-8676-127475308257_thumb.jpg

post-8676-127475308257_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

picked up csm #2103 on 5-10-2010 from SAI. :happy feet: :happy feet: whipple 550 polished, vista blue coupe. just figured out how to load a picture and this is a test to see how it worked. p/s I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!! :shift: Well I guess I dont know how to load a pic :doh:

Had my polished whipple installed by Powered by Ford in Orlando, Florida. Had some detonation with the Ford Racing Tune that took about 13 downloads Ford Racing before it was resolved. Took a few weeks to get it right but it was worth it.

White 07 SGT now has 550 Ford Racing Whipple 550 installed. Since I live out near the boondocks and many miles from Vegas I decided to take a chance on my local Ford Dealer for the install. The Master Tech that did the install had a lot of fun at my expense. He insisted that we go on a checkout ride together and we both had a difficult time wiping the smiles from our faces upon our return. I was lucky to find a caring and skilled technician at a local shop. He did a very nice job and we are both happy.

I did the same thing. I had our local dealer do it. I've done a lot of business with them and they know me. I do trust those guys quite a bit. Now if Shelby will cough up the scoop and stripes so they can get that issue resolved I can finally drive it.

After the SC was installed I gave the Tech (Jeremy) permission to drive it. I told him to not be afraid to get on it to see if the belt will hold. He reported back that it did and stated, "Thats how these cars should have come from Shelby." I think that made his whole week. :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

2007 Black SGT/SC #3457, Polished Paxton installed by SAI. Picked up two years ago in October. At one time I had heard that there were only 46 LV factory installed Paxtons on the 07's, 7 black and 39 polished. Could be wrong, but the source was fairly reliable . . .

you are wrong about one for sure . I have an unpolished paxton on my car.

The 46 number is "unofficially" correct. However, it is 39 polished and 7 satin. I don't recall black being available. Roger posted the 46 number in a thread and I have the break down from a SAI source.

post #14:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56390-how-many-shelby-gtsc-s-were-built-with-paxton/

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking into what super charger to upgrade...I'll be shipping off to Iraq next year & I figured I'm going to treat myself. I was wondering if you guys could fill me in on which SC you feel is better I'm looking into the 2.6 Kenne Bell right now...but I've heard of problems with belts. I was also wondering how much you guys paid in service & other charges...id est, what exactly will I spend when I pick one of these up (not including degreased gas mileage!) Thanks!

-Colin

07SGT1200

Black

All Shelby Interal upgrades (minus the upgraded seats)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

2008 GT/SC 08SGT0682 Vista Blue Auto vert. I believe the only 2008 SGT with a Paxton installed by SAI.......until it had to be removed due to the whole CARB fiasco. Eventually got the polished KB installed. Just had vehicle shipped from my folks home in Scottsdale where it's been pretty much sitting for the past four years to my home in Florida. Car has just over 4k miles, it is beautiful and awesome to drive. Resurrecting this OLD thread.

2008 GT/SC 08SGT0682 Vista Blue Auto vert. I believe the only 2008 SGT with a Paxton installed by SAI.......until it had to be removed due to the whole CARB fiasco. Eventually got the polished KB installed. Just had vehicle shipped from my folks home in Scottsdale where it's been pretty much sitting for the past four years to my home in Florida. Car has just over 4k miles, it is beautiful and awesome to drive. Resurrecting this OLD thread.

Strawman,

Good to see a post from you. My 2008 Vista Blue 5-speed coupe, #0282, had the Paxton installed at SAI in the January 2008 time frame. I left the car with Bud at SAI after the first Bash in early 2008 and Bud sent me photos of the Paxton install. My car was at SAI until August 2008, when it was delivered to me in San Diego with the polished KB in place of the Paxton due to, as you so perfectly summarized it, the CARB (California Air Resources Board) fiasco. I sure liked the look of the Paxton on the car but only the 2007 guys were able to get it equipped that way through SAI.

Jim

Jim, nice to hear from you again, I've been away from these boards for a LONG time. Like I said, I left the car in Scottsdale for these years, finally got around to having it shipped home to Florida. I forgot how truly beautiful it is. I didn't remember that you also had the Paxton installed, I thought I was the only one. Now that I have the car, I have a million questions, hopefully these boards are still active enough to squeeze out some info. I hope you and your GT/SC are well. John

Strawman,

Good to see a post from you. My 2008 Vista Blue 5-speed coupe, #0282, had the Paxton installed at SAI in the January 2008 time frame. I left the car with Bud at SAI after the first Bash in early 2008 and Bud sent me photos of the Paxton install. My car was at SAI until August 2008, when it was delivered to me in San Diego with the polished KB in place of the Paxton due to, as you so perfectly summarized it, the CARB (California Air Resources Board) fiasco. I sure liked the look of the Paxton on the car but only the 2007 guys were able to get it equipped that way through SAI.

Jim

Interesting read. I was not aware that some 2008 SGT cars got the Paxton installed and then had to have them removed. I guess it only worked for the 2006-2007 Shelby.

• 4 months later...

Archived