TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post here if you own a GT/SC

wmoore

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, Tasca had mine done in 10days, no issues.

Not sure what would cause it to take this long. I like the fact Tasca includes a Dyno run before you leave as well, it gives you peice of mind that all is well. Dennis was great to deal with.

No dyno run anymore. They get the tune direct from Ford now no need to tune it or check it on the dyno.

I feel your pain Chris. Three 1/2 months for mine. I'll be leaving Thursday to pick it up in Vegas. Hopefully it won't be "staying in Vegas" much longer.

Well, due to the weather, the car is still in Vegas, but it is done. It will be shipped back this week. It was raining so much Thursday when I was there, I didn't even get to drive it. But the engine, the FRPP Hot Rod 4.6L sounds like no other 4.6L. It is the only GT/SC with that engine installed by SAI.

Chris, you could have yours back before me. Good luck.

On a personal note, Roger Sorel and Gary Davis were very, very helpful with the conversion of my car to the GT/SC package and the installation of the 4.6L Hot Rod engine. It dynoed twice, once at 525 RWHP and the other time at 497.post-26281-126422804396_thumb.jpg

post-26281-126422837527_thumb.jpg

post-26281-126422804396_thumb.jpg

post-26281-126422837527_thumb.jpg

I'm sure I have missed a few and maybe put them in the wrong category so, double check my post. There must be more out there.

SAI Installed

Paxton--13

500--2

550--9

KB--6

Tasca Installed

Paxton--1

475--1

500--1

550--6

Quantum

400--1

550-6 ( to include Chris)

KB-1

Self/Dealer installed etc..

Paxton--3

400--1

500--5

550--3

KB--4

Tech--1

Edlebrock--1

Please remember this is not an official number...just a thread/post count. (Up to post #135)

No dyno run anymore. They get the tune direct from Ford now no need to tune it or check it on the dyno.

I would still want a Dyno run, a few of us had issues after the install that a Dyno Run would have picked up. I personally had no issues, but I have read a few, one from SAI I think they had to ship the car back. Just my 2 cents

Not to mention it is great to see on paper what the results were.

My car:

White

Automatic

Polished Paxton

SA installed

Friend's car (#37):

Black

5 Speed

Polished Paxton

SA installed.

The word I received was that there were approximately 100 SGT's that have been 'charged by SAI - to include Quantum and Tasca. Has anyone else out there heard any numbers on how many SGT's have been converted to GT/SC's by SAI and the authorized mod shops.

John

I recently purchased 08SGT/SC #1200 from a very polite fellow in McMinnville Oregon. I was ecstatic to receive this car after having it shipped cross-country to my Pittsburgh home in November, and even more pleased knowing it was one of the 108 or so supercharged at SAI, this one at the Las Vegas location. The 108 number provided to a fellow owner / friend of mine who spoke with Roger Sorel.

Shelby.jpg

07 Shelby GT/SC # 0902 Whipple

08 Shelby GT/SC Vert. # 0350 Kenne Bell

post-8704-126457074666_thumb.jpg

I recently purchased 08SGT/SC #1200 from a very polite fellow in McMinnville Oregon. I was ecstatic to receive this car after having it shipped cross-country to my Pittsburgh home in November, and even more pleased knowing it was one of the 108 or so supercharged at SAI, this one at the Las Vegas location. The 108 number provided to a fellow owner / friend of mine who spoke with Roger Sorel.

Shelby.jpg

Great 1st post!!!

Welcome...Beautiful car I might add!

These are wonderful cars...enjoy!!

Well, due to the weather, the car is still in Vegas, but it is done. It will be shipped back this week. It was raining so much Thursday when I was there, I didn't even get to drive it. But the engine, the FRPP Hot Rod 4.6L sounds like no other 4.6L. It is the only GT/SC with that engine installed by SAI.

Chris, you could have yours back before me. Good luck.

On a personal note, Roger Sorel and Gary Davis were very, very helpful with the conversion of my car to the GT/SC package and the installation of the 4.6L Hot Rod engine. It dynoed twice, once at 525 RWHP and the other time at 497.post-26281-126422804396_thumb.jpg

I didn't know they were installing different engines now....

I have been interested in something like this for awhile. Guess I need to call Roger! :drool:

I would still want a Dyno run, a few of us had issues after the install that a Dyno Run would have picked up. I personally had no issues, but I have read a few, one from SAI I think they had to ship the car back. Just my 2 cents

Not to mention it is great to see on paper what the results were.

I couldn't agree more! But I found out when I asked Dennis for a copy of the dyno print out as he was backing mine out of the garage for the ride home. :banghead:

Believe me... nobody is happier to be part of the Shelby ownership group than I am. Wife's worried the rest will just sit in the garages now! Can't wait for warm weather and salt-clear roadways!

Thanks everyone.

You sure got that right!!! What S/C do ya have and where in the Keystone state are ya located? I'm in the Eastern part right by Blue Mountian Ski area.

It's the Ford Racing Whipple for 550 hp... and I'm in the suburbs of Pittsburgh. Driven through the Blue Mountain area many many times. I like the throttle response of the Whipple blower. I have a 1989 GT pushing 636 rwhp through a centrifugal blower, and am thrilled with that. This is my first experience with a whipple though, and can't wait to put the Shelby through it's paces a little and get a better feel for it. Few months to go yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Very Nice, I absolutely love this car, you will as well.

I am looking forward to getting my Kicker System installed. At some point I will get the upgraded interior as well, I have a hard time passing up any mod for my car.

It all started the day I met Roger and Adam, great cars they have.

Archived