TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post here if you own a GT/SC

wmoore

Brought mine home today!!! All I can say is wow!! and Thanks to Dennis and the boys at Tasca. Small problem with the gas gauge but we will work on that.

CONGRATS ON YOUR GT/SC !!! WHAT SUPER CHARGER DID YOU GO WITH ?

WHIPPLE 550 ? :happy feet:

SCOTTY

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brought mine home today!!! All I can say is wow!! and Thanks to Dennis and the boys at Tasca. Small problem with the gas gauge but we will work on that.

HEY DOUG,

HOW MUCH DID THE MCLEOD CLUTCH AND FLY WHEEL COST YOU ?

SCOTTY

Well, it's official. You can add a 2008 GT/SC Polished KB Vert to the list. :happy feet: My father picked it up from SAI today and is taking to AZ for me to "BREAK IT IN" until I return from Iraq. I just hope that I can get it away from him when I get back :hysterical: I told him to bring the camera and to take pics so, before you tell me, POST PICS :slapfight: I will when I have them.

Semper Fidelis

Congrats Marinespeed and watch your 6. Thanks for proteting our freedom.

is that parts only cost?

yes, they had the tranny out for the TSB to replace the syncros so it was a free install, or at least very cheap. Now I have to change my driving style! I had it out today showing my buddy what a beast it is. It started to break loose at the top end of second gear and when I grabbed third the belt didn't like it and self destructed :rant2: Of course the belts are all special order and won't be here until next week, and the car is uninsured for Dec, Jan and Feb so it's parked for the winter :cry:

:offtopic:

Thanks H0050 I'm always watching my back since I am living with the Iraqis as an Advisor. Though currently I am spinning up my replacement and prepping to go back to the States VERY VERY soon. I am looking forward to my NEW SGT/SC, Cold beer & hot women.

:backtotopic:

Does anyone know the current total number of SGT's with the SC MOD done by SAI ?

Thanks and Semper Fidelis

Thanks H0050 I'm always watching my back since I am living with the Iraqis as an Advisor. Though currently I am spinning up my replacement and prepping to go back to the States VERY VERY soon. Thanks and Semper Fidelis

Just get home safe and sound and we will sort out the temperature of the beer and women when you get here. Blessings and peace on this Thanksgiving.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
My 2008 SGT #0463 has the 550 Whipple installed with the open CAI. Because of a hugh cluster I obtained the 2008 kit with the 2007 inlet and sent my computer to Whipple for the tune. Shelby of Tampa Bay did the install Sept 2008. My link to the post with pics is below. :peelout:

Visit My Website

VERY NICE LOOK AND CLEAN INSTALL ; CONGRATS AND ENJOY THE

SMILES PER GALLON. :hysterical:

SCOTTY

as promised.... enjoy

P1010232.jpg

P1010240.jpg

P1010242.jpg

P1010247.jpg

P1010248.jpg

P1010250.jpg

I have a black 07 Shelby GT/SC that was done at Tasca Ford back in March. Looking at your pictures, I have the same picture as yours. Looks like your car was done in the same bay as mine. The only differences is the lisence plate. My Pa. plate has "SGT2343" on it. Tom

I have a black 07 Shelby GT/SC that was done at Tasca Ford back in March. Looking at your pictures, I have the same picture as yours. Looks like your car was done in the same bay as mine. The only differences is the lisence plate. My Pa. plate has "SGT2343" on it. Tom

must be the dedicated GT/SC bay!!! :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...

WTF...... :headscratch: I hope they didn't smoke your motor too!!!!

I have no idea, I sure hope not. Talked to them this morning, car will not be ready by Christmas :cry:

Maybe before New Years, we are leaving on the 4th to go to the Bash, this aint lookin good. :cry::cry:

I have no idea, I sure hope not. Talked to them this morning, car will not be ready by Christmas :cry:

Maybe before New Years, we are leaving on the 4th to go to the Bash, this aint lookin good. :cry::cry:

Well Good luck, remember, things happen for a reason!

Take care, relax and have a Merry Christmas!

Peace

• 2 weeks later...

looks like I will be attending the Bash without her. :censored::censored::redcard:

I AM NOT HAPPY

I feel for ya dude..... that would royally piss me off! It only took Tasca 3 weeks to do mine and in that time they did the transmission TSB and had some personell issues, where parts were not ordered in time. I hope they make it worth your while!

I feel for ya dude..... that would royally piss me off! It only took Tasca 3 weeks to do mine and in that time they did the transmission TSB and had some personell issues, where parts were not ordered in time. I hope they make it worth your while!

Same here, Tasca had mine done in 10days, no issues.

Not sure what would cause it to take this long. I like the fact Tasca includes a Dyno run before you leave as well, it gives you peice of mind that all is well. Dennis was great to deal with.

Archived