Two new reviews

JETSOLVER

The first

autoblog/drive/review part one

"Ford's Shelby GT500 is the real, vulgarian deal."

And second

truthaboutcars/GT500

Thanks Jet Awesome articles...I like this individuals comments

With an Aluminum block and IRS this really could have been a contender. But all is forgiven - it sounds great, goes like hell and is a timely reminder that there is still someone at Ford that hasn’t forgotten how to have fun.

Cheers,

Requis

The first

And second

truthaboutcars/GT500

At 50 years old, I'm not an "Iron Butt" by any means, however I drove my Shelby nearly 500 miles home the day I bought it, and was never bitching about the seats or ride. Having spent a number of years in 'Vettes, I found the harshness of their ride (C5 most recently) greater than the GT500. The IRS was certainly more compliant, but on relatively smooth road, the GT500 is great. As for its handling...perhaps they should take a peek at some "local" video of a relatively stock GT500 passing Corvettes and Porsches at Elkhart.

Anyway...fun to read, and I certainly don't agree with all of it (or them), but fun nonetheless.

Thanks for posting them.

bj

At 50 years old, I'm not an "Iron Butt" by any means, however I drove my Shelby nearly 500 miles home the day I bought it, and was never bitching about the seats or ride. Having spent a number of years in 'Vettes, I found the harshness of their ride (C5 most recently) greater than the GT500. The IRS was certainly more compliant, but on relatively smooth road, the GT500 is great. As for its handling...perhaps they should take a peek at some "local" video of a relatively stock GT500 passing Corvettes and Porsches at Elkhart.

Anyway...fun to read, and I certainly don't agree with all of it (or them), but fun nonetheless.

Thanks for posting them.

bj

Well said.

Well said.

Hands down Shelby.. and I've always been a Z06 guy. Can't even begin to compare.. Shelby hands down :headspin:

Oh yeah, thanks for the links.. couldn't of said it better

post-7576-1164692421_thumb.jpg

post-7576-1164692465_thumb.jpg

post-7576-1164692421_thumb.jpg

post-7576-1164692465_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jet . Very interesting read , esp all the replies. You would think that this car handles like a Yugo by the remarks made by all the readers. They've obviously never driven or even rode in this car before.

This is a drivers car from the word go. Every time I get behind the wheel I just want to let her run......

It amazes me how these people just don't get what this car is about.(pure American muscle) The reviewer obviously did.

I'm glad Ford isn't selling it in Europe, they don't deserve the privilage of having it.

The first

And second

truthaboutcars/GT500

these magazine reporters are use to driving cars that cost more than 200k I think, I've been driving mustangs since the day I turned sixteen and have owned four now, the shelby is absolutely perfect I think, it feels better in every way than past mustangs, the fact that they compare it to the viper and cars like that is embarrassing for them,

I was at a dealer the other day with the Shelby and there were 150k + mercedes pulling in and out and nobody once stopped to check them out.........maybe I'm crazy though.....

Something you cannot change is the fact that this car was infinetly harder to buy than a viper or a vette or any other car for that matter, last time I checked there were no waiting lists to buy a new vette......

shame,shame,shame

Archived