TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got Her Home!!

yraegel

And I was expecting it next week!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ordered January 31st, 2009. Received June 26th, 2009. I'm happy with the dealer but sadly I am one of the idiots who paid some ADM. I have had some bad experiences with dealers before so I called around. I got what I considered a good deal at the time. To be honest, after the 12 mile drive home in a downpour, I really could care less about the money. I financed what I expected and I still can't wipe the grin off of my face. And when I went into the back room fully knowing something would be pulled, I knew how to respond thanks to all the great people on the Team Shelby forum and a PM to MM. Thanks to all! I won't go into the gory details but bottom line is I wasn't going to pay them $9000 for them to take my trade. "The right people" were suddenly involved and all I can say is I am one happy ass camper! This is the most fantastic car I have ever owned. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

First impressions:

Grabber Blue stripe delete: It's the third one that I know of, and I've read a lot of comments. Back in January I was 50/50 Kona vs Grabber (both with stripe delete). My 22 year old daughter made the decision for me. So I chuckle a bit when I read about the nostalgia and how it's an outdated color because she loved it and commented that it looked more modern than Kona. Me? Like I said, it really was 50/50 and today when I saw it sitting on the showroom floor, I was speechless. The color is so much more beautiful in person. 'nuff said.

The dealer didn't touch it as you can tell in the pics. Mother Nature washed her temporarily as I hurried home to beat hail which thankfully never appeared. The car was dirty but that's why there's a multi-million dollar industry around car cleaners, polishers, waxers, sealers. I intend to drive this car so dirt will come and go.

Yep, there's rust on the rear axle.

The clutch and shifter really impressed me right out of the box. I put a Steeda Tri-Ax on my GT so I was concerned and thinking I'd be changing that first. But my still very early impressions are great. The clutch isn't as stiff as the one on my (ex) GT either.

And the rear end of the car rocks. Say what you will. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The dealer thinks it was the first one delivered in Denver.

I was the only one allowed to "cross the line" which I thought was pretty cool.

It rained long enough for me to get on line and post the lousy pictures I took. The streets are almost dry boys, so I'm afraid I need to go somewhere. Anywhere...

th__IGP0153.jpg th__IGP0154.jpg th__IGP0155.jpg th__IGP0156.jpg

"And the rear end of the car rocks. Say what you will. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

I agree. I seen a GT500 today in person.

If you ever decide to sell the rims PM me I will be glad to have them.

Wow! Congrats, and what a cool ride! GB without stripes is a very interesting choice. ADM amnesia is just a throttle push away, I experienced that myself back in 07. Enjoy the hell out of it.

The more I see the 2010's the more I like them.

I am curious about the wheelhop issue. You might be babying for a bit but let us know your driving impressions and what happens when you light 'em up. I really hope they have ironed that out, the aluminum DS may have helped.

Good luck and be careful out there.

KC666

:rockon:

And I was expecting it next week!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ordered January 31st, 2009. Received June 26th, 2009. I'm happy with the dealer but sadly I am one of the idiots who paid some ADM. I have had some bad experiences with dealers before so I called around. I got what I considered a good deal at the time. To be honest, after the 12 mile drive home in a downpour, I really could care less about the money. I financed what I expected and I still can't wipe the grin off of my face. And when I went into the back room fully knowing something would be pulled, I knew how to respond thanks to all the great people on the Team Shelby forum and a PM to MM. Thanks to all! I won't go into the gory details but bottom line is I wasn't going to pay them $9000 for them to take my trade. "The right people" were suddenly involved and all I can say is I am one happy ass camper! This is the most fantastic car I have ever owned. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

First impressions:

Grabber Blue stripe delete: It's the third one that I know of, and I've read a lot of comments. Back in January I was 50/50 Kona vs Grabber (both with stripe delete). My 22 year old daughter made the decision for me. So I chuckle a bit when I read about the nostalgia and how it's an outdated color because she loved it and commented that it looked more modern than Kona. Me? Like I said, it really was 50/50 and today when I saw it sitting on the showroom floor, I was speechless. The color is so much more beautiful in person. 'nuff said.

The dealer didn't touch it as you can tell in the pics. Mother Nature washed her temporarily as I hurried home to beat hail which thankfully never appeared. The car was dirty but that's why there's a multi-million dollar industry around car cleaners, polishers, waxers, sealers. I intend to drive this car so dirt will come and go.

Yep, there's rust on the rear axle.

The clutch and shifter really impressed me right out of the box. I put a Steeda Tri-Ax on my GT so I was concerned and thinking I'd be changing that first. But my still very early impressions are great. The clutch isn't as stiff as the one on my (ex) GT either.

And the rear end of the car rocks. Say what you will. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The dealer thinks it was the first one delivered in Denver.

I was the only one allowed to "cross the line" which I thought was pretty cool.

It rained long enough for me to get on line and post the lousy pictures I took. The streets are almost dry boys, so I'm afraid I need to go somewhere. Anywhere...

th__IGP0153.jpg th__IGP0154.jpg th__IGP0155.jpg th__IGP0156.jpg

Great loooking car--remember you promiised pics in the mountains--

Man, that car looks sinister! Best side photo that I've seen of these cars; looks like a cruise missile...

The best part Bob is that guys like Cobra 010 and I, who both ordered theirs a long time ago and are still waiting, were starting to believe that these cars were only mythical beasts mentioned in song and legend, like a unicorn, or sasquatch. And here one is for real! Nice job, looks S#$% Hot!

Congratulations, and thanks for the write-up. Gives me some hope, as I am now approaching two months after my build date with no delivery.

One question: You say it was dirty, but that's looks like the cleanest car ever to come off the truck/train without any dealer prep. :headscratch:

Oh man, just got back from the highway. The insanity prevails. Good insanity that is. Still less than 50 on the odometer so no word on the wheel bounce. We're still getting to know each other :rolleyes: It's on my list though. I don't have the link, but it's a known issue with some solutions on a thread somewhere on the forum.

Sorry gents, the rims aren't going anywhere but around in circles where they're at. I love them! B)

Bob, I heard Mt. Evans is open. There's still snow on the 14'ers believe it or not. I want to make sure the weather's clear before I head up, but it's numero uno on the list. I took the GT to Vegas in late April '06. On the way back, we hit a blizzard in the Continental Divide. No problems, but you have to keep that in mind. I promise you some great photos after I take that incredible drive. I'm off the week after the 4th so I have plenty of time and thank you again for the suggestion! I was in search of a destination and you came up with a great one!! :yahoo:

Sorry gents, the rims aren't going anywhere but around in circles where they're at.

As they should! :rockon:

Bob, I heard Mt. Evans is open. There's still snow on the 14'ers believe it or not. I want to make sure the weather's clear before I head up, but it's numero uno on the list. I took the GT to Vegas in late April '06. On the way back, we hit a blizzard in the Continental Divide. No problems, but you have to keep that in mind. I promise you some great photos after I take that incredible drive. I'm off the week after the 4th so I have plenty of time and thank you again for the suggestion! I was in search of a destination and you came up with a great one!! :yahoo:

I'm really looking forward to new photos from your drive in the mountains! :shift:

Congratulations, and thanks for the write-up. Gives me some hope, as I am now approaching two months after my build date with no delivery.

One question: You say it was dirty, but that's looks like the cleanest car ever to come off the truck/train without any dealer prep. :headscratch:

The dealer didn't touch it but it was/is very dirty. That's another thing about the lighter blue. It doesn't show the dirt as much. My neighbor used to detail cars professionally and we have a cleaning plan for tomorrow.

There was a black dust in spots on the car. It is dirtier now from the rain, but I cropped the original of the head on shot and you can kind of see it. It's a very fine dust and blows of very easily. No damage on the finish at all that I can see and I've been doing everything I can to see it a lot lately. :happy feet: Look at the very corner on the left, just to the right of there across on the hood, and then just up from there, again on the hood.

th_dirt.jpg

Everyone knows how to wash a car but I want to learn more about detail and finish. Whatever I can do to keep it in good shape. Unfortunately in Colorado we get a lot of road debris. I had 7 or 8 little pinhole size dings on the hood of my GT plus one gash about an inch and a half long, 1/6th of an inch wide from a rock that looked *&^$# huge when it strolled up the hood towards the windshield on the highway doing around 80. Never forget that one. Plus my old windshield was cracked from end to end. That one really worries me because I don't know and can't imagine what a windshield with a pretty little Mustang on it could even cost.

Oh yeah, very glad to be a Team Shelby member who owns a Shelby now. A real privilege!! :shift:

By the way folks, for those of you who are unfamiliar, Colorado has a 55 mountain peaks above 14,000 feet. Mount Evans is the highest paved road in the continental U.S. It's a great drive if you don't mind narrow windy roads with 3,000 foot drops :D

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. In the meantime, think about coming out for some fantastic driving! HP drops with altitude, but that's a sickness that affects everyone. :yup:

Everyone knows Pikes Peak. I just may have to do that one too!

Check it out: http://www.14ers.com/

Wow - Your car looks awesome !!!!!

I need to do a photoshoot with a Grabber Blue Shelby and my Grabber Orange Shelby.

How cool would that be !!!!

GT500andChally016.jpg

That would be fantastic! I have a good friend in the Seattle area so a road trip is not out of the picture at all. I'm using a new camera I got for Christmas too. :rockon:

Good post, and congrats...I've had mine almost 2 years, and that smile is always "ON"... :shift:

Heh, heh. I just put miles 48 through 61 on her. There's a nice, 3 lane part of I-25 by my house and it's not too busy so I wanted to get it up to highway speed. The limit is 75, but if you do it you are getting passed by everyone else. Denver's just that way, I don't know. 60 to 65 in a 55 won't get you stopped, it'll get you run over. I didn't go above 80 which is usually ticketless - the cops go that fast in a 75 zone.

Then, somebody did it. Some funny person in a beefed up Golf (?) pulled in front of me and slowed down. Doh! Know the signs and I usually don't react. I had my GT for 3 years and no tickets whatsoever. I have dealt with this before.

Um, so I stood on it in 3rd. :burnout:

I hope he's one of those who doesn't find the rear end too attractive because he got a great view of it. Never broke 80, never had a car around us. Good fun and he decided not to pursue the matter after I backed off.

I spent the whole time with the windows down and the sound was amamzing to me. I could hear the compressor whine when I punched it and it sounded just amazing. I can see if you are cruising with the windows up, you won't hear much. It's there when you need it though and that's what counts to me.

The car payment is the last thing on my mind and the grin is going to be there in the morning if I manage to sleep at all. From the way it looks, it'll be there when I pay it off. :dance:

Oh man, just got back from the highway. The insanity prevails. Good insanity that is. Still less than 50 on the odometer so no word on the wheel bounce. We're still getting to know each other :rolleyes: It's on my list though. I don't have the link, but it's a known issue with some solutions on a thread somewhere on the forum.

Sorry gents, the rims aren't going anywhere but around in circles where they're at. I love them! B)

look fowrad tp pics.If you could have someoe in the car vidoeing the trip up and down,especially the audio of that exhaust coming down in 2/3gear,it would be great to see on you tube.If not,ill give you my email address and you could send me a copy.Itd be just like Bullitt

Does it really need a "break in period"? Most cars built these days have their engines tested before we ever get our hands on them so it's not necessary. I just keep hearing about people taking it easy for the first whatever miles and got to wondering if it's necessary and recommended by Ford or if it's just a precautionary thing some do?

Does it really need a "break in period"? Most cars built these days have their engines tested before we ever get our hands on them so it's not necessary. I just keep hearing about people taking it easy for the first whatever miles and got to wondering if it's necessary and recommended by Ford or if it's just a precautionary thing some do?

I haven't finished giong through the manuals yet, but I remember that with my '06 GT the recommendation was to not drive at the same speed for extended periods during the first 1,000 miles. I took that to mean don't run the engine at the same revolutions/load for a long time during any given period or road trip for the first K. So I tried to do that. I think the dealer told me that the engines had already been broken in at the factory on a dyno which I think is pretty common for most engines these days. Anyone else know more?

Been too busy going nowhere to write or photograph anything. I'm really, really happy with the gearbox, shifter, and clutch. Still haven't turned off traction control because I really haven't had an opportunity to go anywhere that I can experiment safely in the right conditions. The car drives great, it's very hard to park. Prefers the road to the garage, that's for sure. I've been hitting the shifts on the computer recommmended shift points off and on to see how that works. It's hilarious to drop it into 5th in a 35 zone (ok, the ligth comes on around 37), but the engine just purrs as if to say "ok, but I really want you to introduce your foot to me"! :D

164 miles. Updated the SYNC, threw a few CD's onto the hard drive, and synched up the iPod too. It's a shame that the SYNC updates require you to have the engine running. Forces you to go to your computer for 10 minutes then drive for an hour, then do it again! :lol:

I haven't finished giong through the manuals yet, but I remember that with my '06 GT the recommendation was to not drive at the same speed for extended periods during the first 1,000 miles. I took that to mean don't run the engine at the same revolutions/load for a long time during any given period or road trip for the first K. So I tried to do that. I think the dealer told me that the engines had already been broken in at the factory on a dyno which I think is pretty common for most engines these days. Anyone else know more?

Been too busy going nowhere to write or photograph anything. I'm really, really happy with the gearbox, shifter, and clutch. Still haven't turned off traction control because I really haven't had an opportunity to go anywhere that I can experiment safely in the right conditions. The car drives great, it's very hard to park. Prefers the road to the garage, that's for sure. I've been hitting the shifts on the computer recommmended shift points off and on to see how that works. It's hilarious to drop it into 5th in a 35 zone (ok, the ligth comes on around 37), but the engine just purrs as if to say "ok, but I really want you to introduce your foot to me"! :D

164 miles. Updated the SYNC, threw a few CD's onto the hard drive, and synched up the iPod too. It's a shame that the SYNC updates require you to have the engine running. Forces you to go to your computer for 10 minutes then drive for an hour, then do it again! :lol:

Thats weird.My dealer synched in my wifes cell phone while we were sitting in the car with just the ignition on.Of course now that Om home, i havent been able to synch mine in,even though im using the manual.Does it tell you to use the PC in the manual--what page??My battery was dead when i pciked up the car,so used my wifes so she could cll me in the car on the way back)OnStar).

Thats weird.My dealer synched in my wifes cell phone while we were sitting in the car with just the ignition on.Of course now that Om home, i havent been able to synch mine in,even though im using the manual.Does it tell you to use the PC in the manual--what page??My battery was dead when i pciked up the car,so used my wifes so she could cll me in the car on the way back)OnStar).

You need to go to: http://www.syncmyride.com

First you will need your VIN so you can create an account. Then you choose what type of system you have installed - either with or without the NAV option. I synched my cell phone on the showroom floor too. But when you create an account on line, there are some downloads that update the SYNC software that was installed in the factory. You need a USB memory stick or USB hard drive. First you download a version checker to the drive. Then you put it in the car and it installs and reads the curent version. You take the drive back to your PC and upload the information. It will then tell you if you need to install an update which you probably will. That takes quite a bit longer to install than the version checking program. There are good instructions on the site. I believe MM might be able to help you get this done too. It's really easy so if you have any problems or questions, PM me and I'll help you out. :lurk:

...and of course, thanks to the great people at the Romeo Factory!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

th__IGP0186.jpg

(If anyone can tell me why the thumbnail links aren't popping up a window with the full photo, please let me know. I'm pasting in the IMG Thumbnail code from Photobucket. The IMG code gives a pop up but the thumbs in the post are huge then...) :headscratch:

Archived