TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why didn't Ford use this rear bumper?

The rear bumper on the 2010 Iacocca special looks great. If Ford had used it on their regular line of Mustangs, I might have considered getting a 2010 GT500. Just keeping my 2007 for now.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/iacocca-45t...ustang/2097439/

The Iacocca Mustang is a 2009. My guess is that the Iacocca rear would not bolt right onto a 2010 GT500.

Steve

I like the 2010 rear better...

Are you feeling OK... Cause you have to be hallucinating. I haven't heard of anyone taking the 2010 rear over the 2005-2009

Are you feeling OK... Cause you have to be hallucinating. I haven't heard of anyone taking the 2010 rear over the 2005-2009

I was referring to the Iacocca rear... I like the stock 2010 better... I like the rear end on mine better than both the Iacocca and the 2010, but not just because others do too...

Yes I'm feeling ok, thanks for asking!! How you doin?

I don't like how the exhaust comes through the bumper.

I like the through-the-bumper exhaust. Very cool.....but as "they" say, that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla....to each his own.

I'm not saying the 10 rear looks better than mine (the car's ok?) but I don't think it's bad at all.......the 10 GT 500 I saw at Ford Fan Friday at Bristol was right impressive.....very smooth, very svelte, very cool....

Oh guys, I wish that car would be one that would roll onto the streets, but I'm sure Rob remembers just like I do back in '04 or so when rumblings and rumors of a Shelby GT500 were first being made and the car they put out there for everyone to see is the one I fell in love with and immediately put a deposit down for a slot when they came in.

Almost 2 years later you started seeing the "actual" production car; and began noticing huge differences in what was sitting in car shows and magizines and what we got. I loved the hood of the concept, which is close to what the '10 is. I loved the "steeper" more pronounced rear spoiler as well....gone as well too. I loved the 19" rims and lowered ride height as well. None of which we got.

So I wouldn't get too used to Lee's ride just yet.

But dang, I love that front end!

Archived