TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sway bar for 2010 ?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum as I put a deposit down on a 2010 Coupe in Kona with white stripe 3 weeks ago. Really excited for it to arrive which is estimated in late September. My question is this: why did Ford opt not to put the front sway bar on the 10 model ? My dealer was delivering a Grabber Blue and no cross bar. He also had an '08 on the floor and it had one. The salesperson was curious as well.

Am I missing something ?

ALso, are any of the 2010 owners changing the air cleaner element to the K&N type mesh filter ( I noticed the stock cone element is paper). Changing the pulley ? Tune or programmer ? Exhaust ?

Considering the engine similiar or same from 07-09, do I just refer to those years for mods? I have searched everywhere and nothing regarding mods to the 10 models.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum as I put a deposit down on a 2010 Coupe in Kona with white stripe 3 weeks ago. Really excited for it to arrive which is estimated in late September. My question is this: why did Ford opt not to put the front sway bar on the 10 model ? My dealer was delivering a Grabber Blue and no cross bar. He also had an '08 on the floor and it had one. The salesperson was curious as well.

Am I missing something ?

ALso, are any of the 2010 owners changing the air cleaner element to the K&N type mesh filter ( I noticed the stock cone element is paper). Changing the pulley ? Tune or programmer ? Exhaust ?

Considering the engine similiar or same from 07-09, do I just refer to those years for mods? I have searched everywhere and nothing regarding mods to the 10 models.

Any help would be appreciated.

My guess on the strut brace is that it simply didn't fit over the new intake muffler they put on it. I really don't think the structure underneath got beefed up, but rather that they decided it wasnt' all that necessary in the first place.

My guess on the strut brace is that it simply didn't fit over the new intake muffler they put on it. I really don't think the structure underneath got beefed up, but rather that they decided it wasnt' all that necessary in the first place.

I'm guessing we're talking about the tower brace? Not the sway bar?

I have been told that the FRPP Strut tower brace (same as on the KR) SHOULD fit the 2010 GT500. I'm going to order one with the understanding that if it does not fit I can return it. The part number I am ordering is Ford Racing # M-20201-C.

Cheapest place I found is R&E Racing at $239.55 including shipping. Hope this helps

I'm guessing we're talking about the tower brace? Not the sway bar?

I have been told that the FRPP Strut tower brace (same as on the KR) SHOULD fit the 2010 GT500. I'm going to order one with the understanding that if it does not fit I can return it. The part number I am ordering is Ford Racing # M-20201-C.

Cheapest place I found is R&E Racing at $239.55 including shipping. Hope this helps

let us know if it fits....

I'm new to the forum as I put a deposit down on a 2010 Coupe in Kona with white stripe 3 weeks ago. Really excited for it to arrive which is estimated in late September.

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

Was the late September estimate just a guess from the salesman? Looks like we ordered our cars at about the same time? I was hoping for mid-August delivery. I know there's no way to really know ahead of time. Just kind of bummed if I'm looking at late September. That would only give me about a month of nice driving weather before winter sets in here in the northeast.

Please keep me updated on the status of your car build. So far I've heard nothing about mine. I called the dealer last week - and I'm going to plan on calling them once every two weeks going forward.

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

Was the late September estimate just a guess from the salesman? Looks like we ordered our cars at about the same time? I was hoping for mid-August delivery. I know there's no way to really know ahead of time. Just kind of bummed if I'm looking at late September. That would only give me about a month of nice driving weather before winter sets in here in the northeast.

Please keep me updated on the status of your car build. So far I've heard nothing about mine. I called the dealer last week - and I'm going to plan on calling them once every two weeks going forward.

He mentioned worst case. All I have is a deposit slip. No build date, no vin, no confirmation.

However, the salesman invited me down as they received their first Grabber Blue/Whit Stripe. Went down and finally saw a 2010 in person. Very impressive. The interior is much improved from the previous generation. Of course that unit was pre-sold. The color grew on me but in the end, I'm a Kona Blue fan (White Strip) after seeing a 2010 mustang on the lot in that color.

Hopefully it arrives around mid-august but my hopes are not counting on it...

Archived