TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Facebook comment to group Ford Motor Company

Is there anyone here that works at the Flat Rock plant can tell us 2010 GT500 people who ordered why our cars have been built and sitting in your lot for 2 months and have not shipped? The more recent builds have shipped. Our VIN numbers are sitting in your lot while the more recent orders are rolling on rail. You guys have really screwed up a loyal customer base. Check out Shelbyautos.com for the bad name you're getting from a fanatic crew of Shelby owners. MR. Arning!!! Time to talk and set real expectations. The dealers know nothing and refer us to Ford Customer Service who refer us back to the dealers. Why do Shelby owners know more than your unrealiable computer systems and employees?

And..why are they sitting in uncovered lots getting polluted by the weather and other contaminants? Also, why are some GT500's coming with a ding in the drivers side door that goes down to the metal? Lastly, why didn't you paint the rear diff and instead left it uncoated - the rust is horrible!!!!

2 seconds ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · Report

See if this link works....

Is there anyone here that works at the Flat Rock plant can tell us 2010 GT500 people who ordered why our cars have been built and sitting in your lot for 2 months and have not shipped? The more recent builds have shipped. Our VIN numbers are sitting in your lot while the more recent orders are rolling on rail. You guys have really screwed up a loyal customer base. Check out Shelbyautos.com for the bad name you're getting from a fanatic crew of Shelby owners. MR. Arning!!! Time to talk and set real expectations. The dealers know nothing and refer us to Ford Customer Service who refer us back to the dealers. Why do Shelby owners know more than your unrealiable computer systems and employees?

And..why are they sitting in uncovered lots getting polluted by the weather and other contaminants? Also, why are some GT500's coming with a ding in the drivers side door that goes down to the metal? Lastly, why didn't you paint the rear diff and instead left it uncoated - the rust is horrible!!!!

2 seconds ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · Report

See if this link works....

Thanks, let us know if you get any response.

Cobra010

I just think it's screwed up that all the guys who ordered there cars before me haven't got them yet. I went into this thinking it would take 10-12 weeks at least and it seems I've been on the fast track since day one. My car was built on Monday and the order was put in on 5/15. Normally I wouldn't complain but I need to sell my GT first and it's putting a lot of pressure on me to do so sooner. Yet some guy ordering months before me has no idea what's going on with his.

I would not rush them, the rush job I got on my airbag cover fix from the factory, you really would not want, they dented the metal cover and it sticks out and is not flush it looks really bad. Ford really needs to also work on body panel alignments and paint quality. Some of the gaps are just terrible and the paint jobs have way too many flaws for a $50,000 car It could also be said for a $20,000 car also. Maybe they need a niche line for putting the body parts on and paint also for the gt500. This is my Fourth one and I want to to be happy with it because it drive so much better, its just the quality I cannot get over.

Archived