TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Introducing the Shelby GT/SC

Staff

I knew you were right from the get go Swede ; just because of the fact that i have a GT/SC and had worked with The Budman and Amy B. regarding the official engine plaque idea , what cars and what Modd shops would qualfy them as an Authorized GT/SC OR GT/SR. That being said, age insite and experience in 99% of most cases equals the correct or right answer. :yup:

Scotty

Hi Swede!!!

Scotty actually I was the first to post the idea of a underhood plaque, I printed out the post and its with my cars paperwork....:slapfight:

Swede you going to come and do some off road driving with us this spring? You'd love it man!:superhero:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not blasphemy, it's your car! However the Elelbrock superchargers are not part of the program, only Kenne Bell and Whipple. Then if you want the car entered in the registry as a true GT/SC the supercharger HAS to installed by a Shelby mod shop. Then they will put the stripe on. Other than that you can get your own stripe made up and put it on yourself.....

thanks again greatly appreciate the advise :)

Hi Swede!!!

Scotty actually I was the first to post the idea of a underhood plaque, I printed out the post and its with my cars paperwork....:slapfight:

:redcard:

Hey Randy,

I am not claiming that i was the 1st to post an idea of the plaque. I am only laying claim to have many posts and e-mails to Amy n The Budman encouraging them to listen to the pulse of the owners and make them, and where I wanted mine mounted when I arrived on April 13th 2009 for the upgrade to my car. I remember a conversation with Amy about my experience as being the head of several large companies as she had and often when you are at the top of a corporation you are to close to the forest to see the trees. :slapfight:

Randy, Here's the attachment Amy B sent me just before they made it official.

SHELBY GT UNDERHOOD SUPERCHARGER PLAQUE.bmp

Scotty :beerchug:

(PS) Randy if you have a link to that post i would love to have that for I can not find it since they removed the Amy B. Thread.

No sweat man, I dont see the post yet but I'll look....:hysterical: Face it we are just freaks Scotty...:hysterical::hysterical: Imagine some non car freaks reading this bs hahah :hysterical:

Freaks you say. :headscratch: Aptly put my car freakish friend ; See ya later gear head !!! :hysterical:

SCOTTY :rockon::rockon::rockon:

• 2 months later...

I had my 2007 Shelby GT converted into a GT/SC by SAI in March of 2008.

I think the model number of the Shelby Razor wheels that they put on was SB198S2966, which should be 20x9 with a 24mm offset, and a 5.94 setback. does that sound right ?

I had my 2007 Shelby GT converted into a GT/SC by SAI in March of 2008.

I think the model number of the Shelby Razor wheels that they put on was SB198S2966, which should be 20x9 with a 24mm offset, and a 5.94 setback. does that sound right ?

Why.....do you need extra wheels?

• 10 months later...

Sorry Swede I don't think you know your facts.

YES if you had a FORD dealer install a Whipple 550 or a Kenne Belle you can get your SGT turned into a GT/SR. If you did the Whipple 550 install yourself or some race shop installed it then NO you can not get your SGT turned into a GT/SR

Swede replies:

Now I know why your such an TROLL nordic. I can't believe your still mad about the fact the fact I knew there was no registry documentation on dealer installed SC's" and then Roger told you NO there is NO SA registry documentation on dealer installed SC's. Oh wait a minute....was your SC installed at a dealer or did you do it yourself? Either way you should be proud, not mad!

You have also given Roger a hard time by asking him if he sells Authorized SC's packages daily, why was that nordic? Now we know the truth behind your split-personaiity. Hey at least mine is right out here in the open. Also your BIO says "you like to start trouble" Ya we now know! What a jack!

Roger @ SA says "Correct Dave. The SGT/SC converted at SAI or authorized Mod center will have all the documentation associated with the conversion. There will be no documentation issued for Dealer installed SC's."

AND......

"I know it is almost a year later, but all you guys that disagreed with Swedeman need to say your sorry. :slapfight: "

Scotty laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Roger

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." David Brinkly

2013 Boss 302 Blk. LS

Is there anyway to have a dealer installed whipple 550 pedigree'd thru Shelby? Will they authenticate dealer installed?

He was asking if a SGT which was supercharged at a Ford dealer could be pedigree'd through Shelby. I was mentioning to him the only way is to have a Whipple 550 supercharger installed at a Ford dealer on a SGT then he could ship it to Shelby in Vegas to be converted into a SGT/SR.

To clarify, you can have a SGT/SC package installed at SAI or an authorized Mod center.

This will have the "factory supercharged " badging and certificate.

If you choose the SR package, it will only be completed at SAI in Vegas. Some cinsiderations are made for customers who have installed a "program compatible " supercharger from an authorized FORD dealer.

Roger

Roger clearly stated that there could be some considerations for customers who met a certian criteria for the SGT/SR program....meaning if you had your car supercharged at a FORD dealer yes they could subtract that cost from the cost of the conversion.

Must be the age thing.............smile.gif When I was younger I usually spouted off without "really" knowing for sure if I was right. Now days though when I "spout" off I am 99 3/4 % sure I know what I am talking about. That extra 3/4 percent of confidence that I know what I am talking about comes from age equaling experience! smile.gifsmile.gifwink.gif

I am sure others will disagree with this statement.........LOL

Swede replies:

Now I know why your such an TROLL nordic. I can't believe your still mad about the fact the fact I knew there was no registry documentation on dealer installed SC's" and then Roger told you NO there is NO SA registry documentation on dealer installed SC's. Oh wait a minute....was your SC installed at a dealer or did you do it yourself? Either way you should be proud, not mad!

You have also given Roger a hard time by asking him if he sells Authorized SC's packages daily, why was that nordic? Now we know the truth behind your split-personaiity. Hey at least mine is right out here in the open. Also your BIO says "you like to start trouble" Ya we now know! What a jack!

Thank you for the nice comments Swede I see you're having a good day today........I bet you have two hot chics on each side, sitting in your Rolls Royce rolling down Highway 1........? :titanic:

I think I missed something............

I can tell you this I am 100% Happy No Regrets what so ever that I went through Tasca and I would not do it any other way. I think that is one thing that makes the car special, I would bet it is the only one with the specific mods it has from Tasca, and it is registered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another vote for TASCA here if they are closer to you. It should be labeled GT/R. The "R" being for rocket!

I say my prayers before I get in the car.,... :)

I say my prayers for after the ride!!!!!!! I'm always thankful that I survived the ride and arrived home in one piece !!!!!!!!! :worship:

He was asking if a SGT which was supercharged at a Ford dealer could be pedigree'd through Shelby. I was mentioning to him the only way is to have a Whipple 550 supercharger installed at a Ford dealer on a SGT then he could ship it to Shelby in Vegas to be converted into a SGT/SR.

Roger clearly stated that there could be some considerations for customers who met a certian criteria for the SGT/SR program....meaning if you had your car supercharged at a FORD dealer yes they could subtract that cost from the cost of the conversion.

I am sure others will disagree with this statement.........LOL

Thank you for the nice comments Swede I see you're having a good day today........I bet you have two hot chics on each side, sitting in your Rolls Royce rolling down Highway 1........? :titanic:

You are so welcome "trouble maker" as your BIO reads in your SA profile here on this forum. I bet your causing trouble right now somewhere in your home town, call me if you need bail money! :)

Peace offering: Nordic we do have one thing in common, we are both Shelby Mustang enthusiasts. I don't know why you have wanted a piece of me :) But as you can see when your on this board for many years there are never really any winners just quotes that can come back and bite one on the butt to show others at one time or another you or I was wrong in what we did or said. So that being said I am offering a truce and hopefully we can both enjoy our Swedish heritage. Just joking! So truce...?

Either way: Back on topic!

Archived