TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Introducing the Shelby GT/SC

Staff

The Shelby GT/SC consists of the following:

ShelbyGTSC.jpg

• Supercharger standard finish (up to 550 HP, finish options available at extra cost)

• 4 wheel brake upgrade package (consisting of)

• Baer Drilled and Slotted rotors

• Baer Brake Pads

• Stainless Steel front and rear brake line kit

• Shelby Gauge Pod

• Autometer Shelby Signature Series Gauges

• Stripe designation (Shelby GT/SC)

• “Factory Supercharged” engine bay plaque and authenticity certificate

Pricing:

• Shelby/Ford Racing Whipple SC Black: $12,725

• Shelby/Ford Racing Whipple SC Polished: $12,999

• Shelby/Kenne Bell Black: $10,899

• Shelby/Kenne Bell Polished: $11,599

(Pricing does not include tax, fluids or disposal fees).

Notes:

This package is specifically targeted at the Shelby GT and Shelby GT-H owner. Current owners who place a reservation deposit prior to December 31, 2009 are eligible for an owner appreciation discount of 10% on the package price.

More:

• Download the product brochure here.

• Download advanced release information here.

• Shop for Shelby GT apparel & more here.

• Join the Shelby GT community here.

Need more information? Call the Shelby sales dept. at 702-942.7325.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I'll start......Is this mod going to be similar to the Tasca mod that changes the motor mounts for the GT-H to retain the brace?

Good Question!?!?!? Let's keep it going......

How about these..... Since I already have mine scheduled for the SC upgrade at Tasca...

1- Do I get the brake and stainless steel line upgrade also included in the cost?

2- Do I get the 10% discount? It is before Dec. 31 2009!!!!

:headscratch:

I just finished a project at work to make the "extra" money that is earmarked for a Shelby SC in Vegas. Will the @ $8500 Whipple 550 now cost me 11-12k?

What if all I want is the SC? Will I still get the GT/SC stripe? I already have the gauges from the GT-California package ( I want to be one of the first GT-C/SC :)), all I want is to lose the oil temp and add the boost gauge, is that a problem? I wouldn't mind having SAI install the watts-link along with lower control arms, will that be ok?

I will add questions as I'm sure I can think of a few million others! :hysterical:

Before they made this announcement, I e-mailed Quantum on a quote for a Kenny Bell and pod with guages. i havent heard a reply, but what i gather its like $8500 for the KB and $1000 for the guages. With the customer discount, this package is like $9500-$10k. And you get allot more.

If you want just the SC, did they lower the price?

Here's another...

What I really want is the Paxton. If (when) this is OK for SAI to install, will it also get the GT/SC pedigree? Is SAI done with Paxton?

I like the paxton, and what i read, SAI only accepts the EARLY 2007 version of the Paxton. I dont know why?

I like the paxton, and what i read, SAI only accepts the EARLY 2007 version of the Paxton. I dont know why?

NO GT/SC cars are being built by SAI, not even the early '07 cars. The only 'official' cars with the Paxton were built before Paxton lost its EO. The reason is because they lost thier EO certification and are no longer 50 state legal. We might get another chance once they get it worked out, but only time will tell.

Chris

I just finished a project at work to make the "extra" money that is earmarked for a Shelby SC in Vegas. Will the @ $8500 Whipple 550 now cost me 11-12k?

What if all I want is the SC? Will I still get the GT/SC stripe? I already have the gauges from the GT-California package ( I want to be one of the first GT-C/SC :)), all I want is to lose the oil temp and add the boost gauge, is that a problem? I wouldn't mind having SAI install the watts-link along with lower control arms, will that be ok?

I will add questions as I'm sure I can think of a few million others! :hysterical:

This is a very good question.

What happens to guys that wanted what the SGT/SC has always been up until yesterday (just the blower and side stripe)???

How will the registry differentiate between the early GT/SC and the revamped GT/SC? Seems like it could be a sticky issue for some... :lurk:

Ken

Same process. No different. Just added content on the modification section from the authorized Mod Center or SAI.

I just picked up my GT from Quantum on Thursday. It is now a GT/SC with a 400 hp Whipple. What's the next step to updating the registry? :headscratch:

How do these package prices compare to existing prices? In another thread a member indicated that he had the same set up and paid less than currently listed.

See the other thread again AF....I paid way less and used Tasca for this set-up. The only thing I did different was the Shelby Gauge Pod--I went with the Ford Racing gauges and the SOS A-Pillar mount--that was only a $220 difference in to account for in the prices.

See the other thread again AF....I paid way less and used Tasca for this set-up. The only thing I did different was the Shelby Gauge Pod--I went with the Ford Racing gauges and the SOS A-Pillar mount--that was only a $220 difference in to account for in the prices.

So is the SGT/SC that you have now a thing of the past, as far as getting it done at SAI or mod shops? I mean, you can't just get the blower and side stripe anymore, right?? :headscratch:

So is the SGT/SC that you have now a thing of the past, as far as getting it done at SAI or mod shops? I mean, you can't just get the blower and side stripe anymore, right?? :headscratch:

I am not sure. I also am not concerned because I got this exact set-up by Tasca, there are at least 4 people that did this exact set-up already.

You can also do just the blower and stripe.

Roger

You can also do just the blower and stripe.

Roger

Roger

For the 4 or 5 guys that did this exact set-up already is there a different designation in the registry vs. the people that just do the blower? If so is it back dated for people that have already done it?

Thank you

Jason

Roger

For the 4 or 5 guys that did this exact set-up already is there a different designation in the registry vs. the people that just do the blower? If so is it back dated for people that have already done it?

Thank you

Jason

While we're waiting for Roger to respond, I'll offer that a SGT/SC should be a SGT/SC.

Besides, if there were a specific designation for the package, shouldn't that designation be for those that had a Shelby mod shop install all the parts of the package (or combination there of if any of the options are chosen)? Same parts, same place, same time sort of thing.

While we're waiting for Roger to respond, I'll offer that a SGT/SC should be a SGT/SC.

Besides, if there were a specific designation for the package, shouldn't that designation be for those that had a Shelby mod shop install all the parts of the package (or combination there of if any of the options are chosen)? Same parts, same place, same time sort of thing.

Agreed. We did have all that installed by a Shelby Mod shop. It sounds though that because it is a package it is different than GT/SC. No skin off my back either way, just curious.

How do these package prices compare to existing prices? In another thread a member indicated that he had the same set up and paid less than currently listed.

Just found out the answer to this question. This package is the only option now...that is, as of today, this is the only way to get a SAI certified Shelby GT/SC. So there are no longer any better deals than this.

Roger

Thank you

Jason

Jason,

No special designation. Just documentation in the registry of the entire package vs. a supercharger only.

This package was not done to create a package rather it was to address the issues and concerns of the membership and owners who requested we package items together and be able to utilize their stock wheels.

We obliged and added a 10% discount on the pkg price through December 31, 2009

Roger

Thank you

Jason

Jason,

No special designation. Just documentation in the registry of the entire package vs. a supercharger only.

This package was not done to create a package rather it was to address the issues and concerns of the membership and owners who requested we package items together and be able to utilize their stock wheels.

So does that mean from now on, or will it be documented for those that just happened to have the mod shop install the parts for the now named package?

I still think it's a pretty good price for the package.

Jason,

Roger,

how will this effect those of us who have paid a deposit and are scheduled? I am leaving for QP July 11th or at least that is what's planned right now. Here's the list....

whipple 550 polished

s/s brake lines

baer rotors and hawk pads at all 4 corners

Spec 2 clutch

SOS a pillar pod x3 with Autometer CF gauges

Ford Racing Cam covers

When they fax in the p/w will this information be added to the registry as a Shelby GT/SC???? Just wondering as this ain't cheap. :headscratch: I think the answer is yes, but would like to be sure before I drop the rest of the money and drive 31 hours r/t. Thanks, Craig

Roger,

how will this effect those of us who have paid a deposit and are scheduled? I am leaving for QP July 11th or at least that is what's planned right now. Here's the list....

whipple 550 polished

s/s brake lines

baer rotors and hawk pads at all 4 corners

Spec 2 clutch

SOS a pillar pod x3 with Autometer CF gauges

Ford Racing Cam covers

When they fax in the p/w will this information be added to the registry as a Shelby GT/SC???? Just wondering as this ain't cheap. :headscratch: I think the answer is yes, but would like to be sure before I drop the rest of the money and drive 31 hours r/t. Thanks, Craig

Good luck! I'm anxious to hear how it all works out! My upgrade was put on hold. :cry: Keep us informed.

PS you forgot to blank out your vanity plate in your sign on name...... wait that might not be so easy!!!!! :headscratch:

Archived