TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Introducing the Shelby GT/SC

Staff

Good luck! I'm anxious to hear how it all works out! My upgrade was put on hold. :cry: Keep us informed.

PS you forgot to blank out your vanity plate in your sign on name...... wait that might not be so easy!!!!! :headscratch:

:doh: I'll probably be changing it soon anyway.......it was kind of a joke in another thread... :shift: 1 week and counting til the trip to Dallas....starting to get excited now.. Craig :happy feet:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my dilema,

I do not want to "touch" the engine before my Ford warranty expires to avoid any kind of problems.

So, Will this package be availble for next 3-5 year or is it something that will be gone in 1-2 years?

Thanks.

Don't let the warranty stop you,

Ford will honor the warrant if the work is done by SAI, Shelby authorized mod shop, or Ford Dealer. Mine was done by SAI last September. I've had warranty work done since the install, no problems. There is a post in here that you can down load of the warranty and how a Shelby installed super charger affects it.

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Agreed. We did have all that installed by a Shelby Mod shop. It sounds though that because it is a package it is different than GT/SC. No skin off my back either way, just curious.

I think we are all set, I have it all on the same receipt, that proves enough for me. How is your car doing????

I am debating an exhaust to add a little more sound, see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Bottom line.................................................................no.

Sorry Swede I don't think you know your facts.

YES if you had a FORD dealer install a Whipple 550 or a Kenne Belle you can get your SGT turned into a GT/SR. If you did the Whipple 550 install yourself or some race shop installed it then NO you can not get your SGT turned into a GT/SR

• 1 year later...

ok ok ok....im a little late to the party....can i still get the stripe if i wanted? idk how this all works....because ive been looking at superchargers for awhile...i want a edelbrock eforce is this blasphemy?

It's not blasphemy, it's your car! However the Elelbrock superchargers are not part of the program, only Kenne Bell and Whipple. Then if you want the car entered in the registry as a true GT/SC the supercharger HAS to installed by a Shelby mod shop. Then they will put the stripe on. Other than that you can get your own stripe made up and put it on yourself.....

To clarify, you can have a SGT/SC package installed at SAI or an authorized Mod center.

This will have the "factory supercharged " badging and certificate.

If you choose the SR package, it will only be completed at SAI in Vegas. Some cinsiderations are made for customers who have installed a "program compatible " supercharger from an authorized FORD dealer.

Roger

To clarify, you can have a SGT/SC package installed at SAI or an authorized Mod center.

This will have the "factory supercharged " badging and certificate.

If you choose the SR package, it will only be completed at SAI in Vegas. Some cinsiderations are made for customers who have installed a "program compatible " supercharger from an authorized FORD dealer.

Roger

Roger - Can you elaborate please on the "program compatible" to get your car into the registry "without" the SC being installed at Shelby American? I want to know if you can have an authentic SGT/SC if you have a dealer install the supercharger. I am told and was under the guise that Shelby American or one of its 2 authorized mod shops had to install the SC in order for it to be in the registry under SGT/SC. Thus having a dealer, qualified to install a supercharger or not, install the sc without being SA mod certifified is not getting your car into the registry. Not knowing is no excuse, just like the law. Hell if I would have known my car could have had the SC installed when it was ordered I would have done it then, but they told me" not knowing' is no excpetion. The car will only be classified as a GT/SC if the car was modified by SA or one if its 2 mod shops in the the USA.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Sorry Swede I don't think you know your facts.

YES if you had a FORD dealer install a Whipple 550 or a Kenne Belle you can get your SGT turned into a GT/SR. If you did the Whipple 550 install yourself or some race shop installed it then NO you can not get your SGT turned into a GT/SR

I know it is almost a year later, but all you guys that disagreed with Swedeman need to say your sorry. :slapfight:

Scotty :lol::lol::lol:

I know it is almost a year later, but all you guys that disagreed with Swedeman need to say your sorry. :slapfight:

Scotty :lol::lol::lol:

Must be the age thing.............:) When I was younger I usually spouted off without "really" knowing for sure if I was right. Now days though when I "spout" off I am 99 3/4 % sure I know what I am talking about. That extra 3/4 percent of confidence that I know what I am talking about comes from age equaling experience! :) :) ;)

Must be the age thing.............:) When I was younger I usually spouted off without "really" knowing for sure if I was right. Now days though when I "spout" off I am 99 3/4 % sure I know what I am talking about. That extra 3/4 percent of confidence that I know what I am talking about comes from age equaling experience! :) :) ;)

I knew you were right from the get go Swede ; just because of the fact that i have a GT/SC and had worked with The Budman and Amy B. regarding the official engine plaque idea , what cars and what Modd shops would qualfy them as an Authorized GT/SC OR GT/SR. That being said, age insite and experience in 99% of most cases equals the correct or right answer. :yup:

Scotty

I knew you were right from the get go Swede ; just because of the fact that i have a GT/SC and had worked with The Budman and Amy B. regarding the official engine plaque idea , what cars and what Modd shops would qualfy them as an Authorized GT/SC OR GT/SR. That being said, age insite and experience in 99% of most cases equals the correct or right answer. :yup:

Scotty

Thanks Scotty. The GT/SC has always intrigued me. The car, the power and the history are just awesome. Maybe one day I'll have mine done, maybe one day soon too. ;)

EDITED:

Archived