TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Introduces the new Shelby GT/SR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread has given me a lot of good information but I need some direction on a few things. I like that I can drop off my 07' GT for the GT/SR or GT/SC package. Does Shelby do anything to exterior of my GT or leave it looking like a stock GT until you see it on a hoist? Does a stock GT get the Shelby front and rear bumper as well as the hoods shown in the brochures? My understanding is a regular GT gets a different striping on the side to designate a Shelby upgrade was installed. Someone asked earlier in the forum...does a GT get a dash plaque/certificate and under hood plaque or does the car get put in there own "GT Conversion" registration?

Ford dealers used to have a factory order catalog so you could pick and choose the options to be added at the assembly line. Can people dropping off there GT fill out a sheet to add items. Let's say I want the GT/SC BUT I want the Deep Draw Functional Hood, the Shelby performance cooling system upgrade, and the hood stripes. Can this be done as an add-on to the package or do I have to "Shelby-ize" it at my favorite bodyshop and my garage? Have a great day, Joel

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the questions. The Shelby Supercharged and the Shelby SR packages were created for owner's such as yourself.

You decide the level of modification. For reference: the Shelby Supercharged is a street car that you can take to the track and have some fun with. The Shelby SR is a race car you can drive on the street. As you look at the brochures you will see the content of parts change to reflect the difference.

Once you decide on a package, look at the options list we will add what we have available for that model. Striping is package specific. The only option is color. Silver or Matte Black. You can do whatever you like after you take delivery though. :)

The Shelby Serial numbering system is only for the package vehicles and specific to the package. If the car is supercharged you will also have the under hood plaque and certificate as part of the package for further authenticate the work performed by Shelby Automobiles.

Please feel free to call our sales department with any further questions and I'm confident we will be able to assist.

Roger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Anything new to report here? I plan on contacting SAI this fall to discuss options for 08SGT0312. Has anyone done the conversion? Cost? Satisfaction? Sounds like a great option.

They can also do the widebody conversion if you so desired, bigger brakes, etc. This package no longer exists, but you can certainly have Shelby build up your own package, and that will all be included in the registry if you have Shelby do it.

This conversion for GT/SR is no longer available. As a SGT owner your only option is GT/SC. You will no longer find it listed either, but it IS available still.

Can you say what the final (to date) number GT/SR were made? How about GT/SC?

Archived