TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Introduces the new Shelby GT/SR

The Shelby GT/SR consists of the following:

ShelbyGTSR.jpg

• Supercharger standard finish (up to 550 HP finish options available at extra cost)

• 4 wheel Baer 6 piston extreme brake upgrade

• Shelby grille with letters

• Engine cap set

• Stripe designation

• Shelby gauge pod

• Autometer signature series gauges

• Serialized dash and engine bay plaque *

• Specific 18x9 Aluminum Wheels with “Branded” center caps

• BFG “R” compound DOT legal 275/35/18 tires

• Functional Deep Draw hood

• 1” lower front ball joints

• Bump Steer kit

• Caster Camber kit

• Upgraded front lower control arm bushings

• Rear upper and lower control arms and upper control arm bracket

• One piece 3.5” aluminum drive shaft

• Watts link rear suspension

• Shelby Performance cooling package (not available for Paxton SC intercooler only)

• Front brake duct kit

• Shelby GT/SR Floor Mats

• Shelby GT/SC authenticity certificate

Pricing:

$31,499

Package price reflects Shelby/Kenne Bell, Black finish Supercharger. Shelby/Ford Racing Whipple, Black finish Supercharger $1,300 additional. Pricing does not include tax, fluids or dispoal fees.

Available options:

• Track tuning additional $750

• Performance clutch

• Eibach Pro-2 coil over shocks, struts and sway bar kit

• Borla exhaust

• 3:73 Gear Set

• 6 point race ready roll cage

• Sequential tail lights

• Rear quarter window covers

• Shelby front chin spoiler

• Shelby/Kicker stereo upgrade system

• Shelby performance cooling system upgrade (Ford Racing and Kenne Bell only)

• Two-tone interior upgrade kit with Shelby S/R designation

• Custom console cover upgrade with Shelby S/R designation

• BFG 275/35/18 street tire package

Notes:

Any Shelby GT or GT/SC owner choosing the Shelby GT SR option will receive an “owner appreciation” discount of 10% off of the pre-tax package price.

There is no time limit on reservations for the Shelby GT/SR to qualify for this discount.

Owners who have performed the SC or other upgrades, through Shelby Automobiles, one of our authorized modification centers or through an authorized Ford Dealer will have their existing package content reviewed by a member of our sales staff for price adjustment. Only approved Superchargers will be considered for package upgrade. Ford Racing/Whipple, Kenne Bell and early Paxton Superchargers qualify. No others will be approved for Shelby GT SR upgrade.

* Original CSM number is removed and retained by SAI. Vehicle is assigned new CSM.

Please contact our sales office to secure your production slot now!

More:

• Download the product brochure here.

• Download advanced release information here.

• Shop for Shelby GT apparel & more here.

Need more information? Call the Shelby sales dept. at 702-942.7325.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two years in the making. Very cool.

However, out of my price range, even If I got full credit for my previous installs.

One question though, I can't find in the information......what does the "SR" stand for? :headscratch:

EDIT: I guess I need to read all the new post before I comment in threads. I just read about the Shelby upgrades for Mustang GTs. There is a "Supercharged" package, which is what the Shelby GT/SC package should be and a "Supercharged SR" which reads like the Shelby GT/SR package. I am back to disappointed. The Shelby GT still does not get an exclusive upgrade package like the handful of ones for the Shelby GT500. Sorry SAI, I know you can't please everybody but :cry:

Does this mean that someone can pick up any 2005 or later Mustang GT (not even a Shelby GT) regardless of its condition and have it converted into a Shelby GT/SC or Shelby GT/SR? Or MUST it first be a Shelby GT?

Does this mean that someone can pick up any 2005 or later Mustang GT (not even a Shelby GT) regardless of its condition and have it converted into a Shelby GT/SC or Shelby GT/SR? Or MUST it first be a Shelby GT?

I think yes and no. They will mod any 2005-2009 Mustang GT but it will be called a Shelby SuperCharged or SuperCharged SR. Roger will have to clarify.

I think yes and no. They we mod any 2005-2009 Mustang GT put it will be called a Shelby SuperCharged or SuperCharged SR. Roger will have to clarify.

Just wondering because if this were the case someone could conceivably have a Shelby GT/SR for less than the price of an original Shelby GT!

Just wondering because if this were the case someone could conceivably have a Shelby GT/SR for less than the price of an original Shelby GT!

I did a bit more reading and while it's not explicitly stated from what I saw, that does look to be the case. What's the price of a Shelby GT? I haven't seen anything on one of those, but with the price listed for the GT/SR plus the $30k or so for the GT you're looking at over $60k. That's quite a bit more than the GT500.

One could by an '05 Mustang GT for 12K or less, for example + 32K for the package and you have a Shelby GT/SR for $44K, unless these packages are limited to Shelby GT's only.

One could by an '05 Mustang GT for 12K or less, for example + 32K for the package and you have a Shelby GT/SR for $44K, unless these packages are limited to Shelby GT's only.

I would rather pick-up an original shelby (still at dealers) for $32K and add the SC package ($10K). Total $42k

The way I read this the Shelby SuperCharged & SR are for Mustang GT's the Shelby GT/SC/SR is for the Shelby GT. I haven't had the time to go line by line and compare the two so I can't say what is the same or different. Maybe someone could do an excel spreadsheet and compare the two? Though the SGT is STILL an SGT and while ANY Mustang can be modded with SGT parts today it's STILL a GT. So while yes this will be done by SAI, they are GT's and lack the history and exclusivity.

No, they can take Mustang GT and convert it into a "Shelby Supercharged" or "Shelby SR"

The ShelbyGT/SC and Shelby GT/SR are only for Shelby GTs

No, they can take Mustang GT and convert it into a "Shelby Supercharged" or "Shelby SR"

The ShelbyGT/SC and Shelby GT/SR are only for Shelby GTs

Ok, that's good! Thanks!

I love this Shelby GT/SR package. A bunch of us already have most items installed from SAI before we delivery.

Thank you SAI for finally recognizing a real package for us. I love the SR designation too. Last year I had suggested an SGT upgrade package be called the "Dragon Snake" which was an original suggestion for the GT350, but I like the SR as well.

Chris, I think this IS the Super Snake version for the SGT. Ever since the SS came out, I have been telling people that those of us that did get lots up upgrades installed at SAI had basically a Super Snake version of the SGT.

I love this Shelby GT/SR package. A bunch of us already have most items installed from SAI before we delivery.

Thank you SAI for finally recognizing a real package for us. I love the SR designation too. Last year I had suggested an SGT upgrade package be called the "Dragon Snake" which was an original suggestion for the GT350, but I like the SR as well.

Chris, I think this IS the Super Snake version for the SGT. Ever since the SS came out, I have been telling people that those of us that did get lots up upgrades installed at SAI had basically a Super Snake version of the SGT.

++1! Ilove this. I have been mildly tempted to mod my 08' SGT Vert. This is going to drive me crazy. Have asked SAI to confirm all of these mods designed for convertibles as well as coupes. Also have asked if we get the take off parts back . Selling some pieces to help finance this stuff would be nice. Can see my original hood on the wall as auto art. Will post anything I find out.

jpl

Adam,

Looks like it. The GT/SR is our SUPERSNAKE. We have asked and asked, and now we got it.

I wonder what kind of upgrade cost for ones that allready have most of the options installed will/might be, or even if it will be offered?

Chris

F.Y.I evidently like the Super Snake, takeoff parts are available for owner pick up. Also according to sales the package is available on convertibles as well as coupes. Installation time is expected to run 60 - 90 days. Orders require 50% down.

jpl

Here's what Mr. Mahoney had to say,

"Hi Ken,

The SGT/SR stands for SGT Street Racer. Its is one FAST car that you can use on the street and also on the road course. We are working on the logistics on how it will work with a vehicle that already has mods done to them. It all depends on what kind of mods, what type of S/C that was installed and where it was installed. When everybody gets back from Tulsa, we will all go over the packages again and work out the details. And yes, I will be posting more info as soon as I have it. I think I am going to be one busy boy J

Bud"

I think yes and no. They will mod any 2005-2009 Mustang GT but it will be called a Shelby SuperCharged or SuperCharged SR. Roger will have to clarify.

That is yes and no. Any 2005-2009 Mustang GT can be converted to either the Shelby Supgercharged or the Shelby SR.

Roger

HI YALL, I AM WONDERING IF WE COULD GET SOME CLARIFICATION ON WHETHER SAI

AND OTHER MOD SHOPS ARE NOW CONVERTING 2005-2009 MUSTANGS AND WILL THEY

BE RECIEVING A DASH OR ENGINE PLAQUE ? :headscratch:

SCOTTY

HI YALL, I AM WONDERING IF WE COULD GET SOME CLARIFICATION ON WHETHER SAI

AND OTHER MOD SHOPS ARE NOW CONVERTING 2005-2009 MUSTANGS AND WILL THEY

BE RECIEVING A DASH OR ENGINE PLAQUE ? :headscratch:

SCOTTY

That is yes and no. Any 2005-2009 Mustang GT can be converted to either the Shelby Supgercharged or the Shelby SR.

Roger

ok,

If you have a mustang, you can pay the top price and get a Shelby SR

If you have a Shelby GT, you pay less and get a 10% discount on top and it's called a Shelby GT?SR

The price if you buy a used 05-09 for 25K or under or have a 05-09 you can have a top of the line Shelby that set the fast spped and time at Hallett this weekend, for less then any competitor cars. It also ran almost every lap and never overheated.

Amy

Gary Patterson gave me one hell of a ride in the Shelby SR in Tulsa and I could tell it was much faster than my supercharged SGT . The car has insane power and handeling and is what will take SAI to the next level. I am seriously considering on turning my SGT supercharged into a Shelby GT/SR. This car did not overheat once and took a severe beating the entire weekend.

A very cool thing is if you had your SGT supercharged at any Authorized MOD or a FORD dealer than SAI will modify your car to a SGT/SR

I am glad that they included Ford dealer installs which is a nice Thank You to Ford.

Archived