TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Introduces the new Shelby GT/SR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So does anyone have any info on the Watts Link used?

Did SAI build their own Watts Link for the Shelbys?

I am very interested in this potentially for my GT500 if it will be available individually and for my car

All of the rest of the new suspension parts are from Eibach I think. Does Eibach build a watts link?

I don't think SAI 'builds' anything in house.

Ken

ok,

If you have a mustang, you can pay the top price and get a Shelby SR

If you have a Shelby GT, you pay less and get a 10% discount on top and it's called a Shelby GT?SR

The price if you buy a used 05-09 for 25K or under or have a 05-09 you can have a top of the line Shelby that set the fast spped and time at Hallett this weekend, for less then any competitor cars. It also ran almost every lap and never overheated.

Amy

I was told that not every 05-09 GT could be done, Legend Lime,Sonic Blue & Yellow were excluded because the color was dropped. If so dosen't seem fair.

HI YALL, I AM WONDERING IF WE COULD GET SOME CLARIFICATION ON WHETHER SAI

AND OTHER MOD SHOPS ARE NOW CONVERTING 2005-2009 MUSTANGS AND WILL THEY

BE RECIEVING A DASH OR ENGINE PLAQUE ? :headscratch:

SCOTTY

Yes they will be modding a regular post title mustang for the SR package but the GT/SR has to already be a SGT

I dont think there is anything wrong with this its like they continued our SGT but in a different form. :happy feet:

Also if you had your SGT supercharged at a FORD dealer or authorized Mod shop and its a whipple or a Kenne Bell then you can qualify for the GT/SR package so all of you that are dedicated to your Ford dealer your not left in the dust which I think is really cool; good looking out SAI :victory:

I like my Razors better I think. Hard to be positive as all the pictures are at an angle, but they look like the GT500 wheels.

Also, do we have to get the grille put in as well? I love the original Shelby GT grille.

:lurk:

I was told that not every 05-09 GT could be done, Legend Lime,Sonic Blue & Yellow were excluded because the color was dropped. If so dosen't seem fair.

Who said that?

Robert,

What do I have to do to have my stang be a Shelby? I already have a Paxton Novi 2200 with intercooler.

Tom

Robert,

What do I have to do to have my stang be a Shelby? I already have a Paxton Novi 2200 with intercooler.

Tom

Paint it a new color :hysterical:

My stang has been in the body shop for the last 17 weeks. It will have a new skin on it. Same Legend Lime with Gold stripes. Hope to to everyone at the SVB3.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Call me crazy, but if you do the math,,

Sheby GT -> 45K MSRP

SGT/SR upgrade package -> 31,000

Total 76,000

Would it not be better to have the GT500KR? I would rather go the KR route and get the 5.4 motor etc..

Seems the price for the SR package is too excessive.

GNB

I have a majority of the mods already done, and it was done WAY before there was a KR. So instead of selling my car to get a KR it is cheaper for me to get the remainder and have the car I started with in the first place that is more balanced weight distribution than the KR.

I would not sell my car anyways. Too many memories and opportunities that SAI did for me with that car.

Plus it was one of the first Bud got to mod so I just need to get it back there for his signature on it.

:happy feet:

I have a majority of the mods already done, and it was done WAY before there was a KR. So instead of selling my car to get a KR it is cheaper for me to get the remainder and have the car I started with in the first place that is more balanced weight distribution than the KR.

I would not sell my car anyways. Too many memories and opportunities that SAI did for me with that car.

Plus it was one of the first Bud got to mod so I just need to get it back there for his signature on it.

:happy feet:

I think the original SGT/SR to KR comparison is a little off, since we are dealing with used cars here.

2007 SGTs can be bought for 25-27K, so adding the SR package means the total current value would

be close to 56-58K. I haven't seen used KRs in that price range.

As for the value of the package itself, I can certainly see people balking at the price. No one seems too

unhappy with the 12K price of the SGT/SC package, so that leaves about 19K worth of work for the

hood, brakes, wheels/tires, rear end, and suspension. Except for the hood, most of this can be done

(or has been done) by folk in these forums either by themselves or through shops on the cheap since

were not talking about rocket-science upgrades. I'd love to see what the real cost has been for people

doing a comparable upgrade.

One question: has it been confirmed or denied that someone could piecemeal their SGT to an SR over

time if they used SAI or their mod shops to do the individual upgrades? Seems like many people in

this forum fall into that category.

-Tom

I think the original SGT/SR to KR comparison is a little off, since we are dealing with used cars here.

2007 SGTs can be bought for 25-27K, so adding the SR package means the total current value would

be close to 56-58K. I haven't seen used KRs in that price range.

As for the value of the package itself, I can certainly see people balking at the price. No one seems too

unhappy with the 12K price of the SGT/SC package, so that leaves about 19K worth of work for the

hood, brakes, wheels/tires, rear end, and suspension. Except for the hood, most of this can be done

(or has been done) by folk in these forums either by themselves or through shops on the cheap since

were not talking about rocket-science upgrades. I'd love to see what the real cost has been for people

doing a comparable upgrade.

One question: has it been confirmed or denied that someone could piecemeal their SGT to an SR over

time if they used SAI or their mod shops to do the individual upgrades? Seems like many people in

this forum fall into that category.

-Tom

This is a reasonable way to look at it. Also note that SGT owners get a 10% discount. That drops the 19K price differential down to 16K. I would expect you would recoup , say 1K by selling take off wheels and parts. So now you are looking at 15K. Not sure about the cost of the suspension bits on an installed basis, but the wheels and the brake upgrades are very expensive pieces. At the end of the day the package pricing is probably reasonable particularly if you value the SAI install, registry etc. etc. Like you I would be interested in comparable upgrade competitive prices but would not expect to see significant differences with like quality parts and professional installation.

jpl

• 3 weeks later...
We will begin building our first Shelby GT/SR soon. We will keep you posted.

Roger

Hi Roger,

I am curious at when you will have the pricing for SGT's that want to be turned into a GT/SR that have already been supercharged with upgraded CS6 Brakes, Shelby 69 rims with Nitto tires and the gauge pack. Bud mentioned to me that soon you should have a break down on pricing for cars that already have most of the options. Please let us know when you have the pricing so we can schedule our cars for the upgrade.

Thanks Chad

Hi Roger,

I am curious at when you will have the pricing for SGT's that want to be turned into a GT/SR that have already been supercharged with upgraded CS6 Brakes, Shelby 69 rims with Nitto tires and the gauge pack. Bud mentioned to me that soon you should have a break down on pricing for cars that already have most of the options. Please let us know when you have the pricing so we can schedule our cars for the upgrade.

Thanks Chad

Chad,

Some of the content will not be changed. We will consider any option you have had installed on your vehicle and quote with a credit toward the package. There will be exceptions. The SC will need to have been installed by Shelby, one of our authorized modification centers or an authorized Ford dealer. No exceptions on the wheel and tire package as they are signature to the Shelby GT/SR. As far as other parts, if they are in the Shelby Performance Parts catalog then they will meet specification. The gauge pod, same deal.

The Shelby GT/SR and the Shelby SR conversions will only be performed at Shelby Automobiles, Las Vegas.

You should call us for more information and we can fill you in. rogers@shelbyautos.com or 702.942.7325 ext. 145

Roger

Chad,

Some of the content will not be changed. We will consider any option you have had installed on your vehicle and quote with a credit toward the package. There will be exceptions. The SC will need to have been installed by Shelby, one of our authorized modification centers or an authorized Ford dealer. No exceptions on the wheel and tire package as they are signature to the Shelby GT/SR. As far as other parts, if they are in the Shelby Performance Parts catalog then they will meet specification. The gauge pod, same deal.

The Shelby GT/SR and the Shelby SR conversions will only be performed at Shelby Automobiles, Las Vegas.

You should call us for more information and we can fill you in. rogers@shelbyautos.com or 702.942.7325 ext. 145

Roger

Thanks Roger I will give you a call this week. My car has only Shelby parts on it and it was supercharged at one of the above locations.

This thread has given me a lot of good information but I need some direction on a few things. I like that I can drop off my 07' GT for the GT/SR or GT/SC package. Does Shelby do anything to exterior of my GT or leave it looking like a stock GT until you see it on a hoist? Does a stock GT get the Shelby front and rear bumper as well as the hoods shown in the brochures? My understanding is a regular GT gets a different striping on the side to designate a Shelby upgrade was installed. Someone asked earlier in the forum...does a GT get a dash plaque/certificate and under hood plaque or does the car get put in there own "GT Conversion" registration?

Ford dealers used to have a factory order catalog so you could pick and choose the options to be added at the assembly line. Can people dropping off there GT fill out a sheet to add items. Let's say I want the GT/SC BUT I want the Deep Draw Functional Hood, the Shelby performance cooling system upgrade, and the hood stripes. Can this be done as an add-on to the package or do I have to "Shelby-ize" it at my favorite bodyshop and my garage? Have a great day, Joel

This thread has given me a lot of good information but I need some direction on a few things. I like that I can drop off my 07' GT for the GT/SR or GT/SC package. Does Shelby do anything to exterior of my GT or leave it looking like a stock GT until you see it on a hoist? Does a stock GT get the Shelby front and rear bumper as well as the hoods shown in the brochures? My understanding is a regular GT gets a different striping on the side to designate a Shelby upgrade was installed. Someone asked earlier in the forum...does a GT get a dash plaque/certificate and under hood plaque or does the car get put in there own "GT Conversion" registration?

Ford dealers used to have a factory order catalog so you could pick and choose the options to be added at the assembly line. Can people dropping off there GT fill out a sheet to add items. Let's say I want the GT/SC BUT I want the Deep Draw Functional Hood, the Shelby performance cooling system upgrade, and the hood stripes. Can this be done as an add-on to the package or do I have to "Shelby-ize" it at my favorite bodyshop and my garage? Have a great day, Joel

A regular Mustang can only become a SR. Not a GT/SR if you had a Shelby GT then that could be turned into a GT/SR.

The SR and the GT/SR is a specific package so you have to choose everything that comes with that package and you can add more items if you like you can not subtrate items. Both the SR and the GT/SR get the deep draw hood. Only the GT/SR get the stripes that came on the SGT. The SR gets different side stripes and the hood snake.

If you have a regular GT yes you get a different front facia and rear bumper

Yes you get a CSM number and dash plaque and door sills and under hood tag. If you had a SGT they take the orginal Number and all plaques and issue a new GT/SR number and plaques.

I wish we could keep all orginal numbers but I understand their point so that the numbers and palques do not end up another car.

Hey Roger,

What if a car already got the GT/SC package can they upgrade to the GT/SR?

I am sure they can...they are halfway there at the GT/SC in most cases. I have a GT/SC and have already talked to SAI about what it would take to make it a GT/SR.

If they can't then I am ripping my SC stripes off and sending it to SAI for the SR conversion....probably next year. I have to save up a little more.

:confused:

Archived