TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Your Shelby GT package has just arrived

AFBLUE

http://www.teamshelby.com/images/hold/gtsc.pdf

:happy feet:

It became clear our Shelby GT customer base was interested in injecting Shelby Performance into their already capable performer. That time has finally arrived! The 60s pony car performance was born was reborn in 2007 with the Shelby GT...The package will enhance engine and braking performance in your Shelby GT.

Pricing: 10% discount if you order before the end of the year

Ford Whipple SC Black: $12,725

Ford Whipple SC Polished: $12,999

Kenne Bell Black: $10.899

Kenne Bell Polished: $11,599

Standard Features

Above supercharger

4 wheel brake upgrade package

-Baer drilled cross slotted rotors

-Baer brake pads

-Stainless steel front and rear brake line kit

-Shelby Gauge pod

-Autometer Shelby Signature gauges

-Shelby GT/SC stripe designation

Options

-Front and rear brake ducts

-3.73 gears

-Watts link

-One piece 3.5" Aluminum drive shaft

-Sequential tail lights

-Quarter window covers

-Kicker stereo upgrade

-Cooling system upgrade

-Two tone interior

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard Features

Above supercharger

-Baer brake pads

-Shelby Gauge pod

Options

-3.73 gears

-Watts link

-Sequential tail lights

-Quarter window covers

-Kicker stereo upgrade

-Cooling system upgrade

-Two tone interior

Now THAT'S a package! :happy feet:

Just for comparison, I talking with a mod shop recently and could get a 510hp Roush R2300 TVS ($5800) installed ($850) with GT500 fuel pumps ($600), and SCT tuner ($350) for $7600. That doesn't include the gauge pod, gauges or brake upgrades. Pod and gauges is around $1.1K and brake upgrades are ~$700 ($400 for rotors installed alone) so now I'm up to around $9400K for a non registered Supercharged SGT.

If I order before 31 Dec 09 to get the 10% discount and went with the black Kenne Bell I'm looking at $9800 for a registered/official Shelby GT/SC with comparable power. Doesn't sound too bad to me. Since I already have the Baer rotors, I could probably get it even cheaper (or sell 1 set of rotors)

The only way to save big bucks over the SGT/SC package is by doing the blower install yourself, as I intend on doing. However, you're still stuck with finding a tune/dyno shop and a tow.

If Jegs didn't have such a killer deal on the Paxton right now, the Vegas option might make sense for me.

Ken

they say timing is everything, but now I am totally confused. Worked a deal with Glenn at QP and the car goes in July 13th. Pretty much everything in the standard package, except I am going w/ SOS A pillar and gauges from Autometer (CF) of which I have already bought both. Plans on brakes are s/s lines with hawk pads, but now I am wondering if I would be better to go with rotors/pads like what is in the standard package. Does anyone know if this is good for all approved shops or just at SAI? Sent email to Glenn guess he and I will discuss tomorrow....just when I thought I had it figured out. Craig :headscratch:

550 polished

chrome cam covers

Spec2 clutch

labor to install guages/trim

The only way to save big bucks over the SGT/SC package is by doing the blower install yourself, as I intend on doing. However, you're still stuck with finding a tune/dyno shop and a tow.

If Jegs didn't have such a killer deal on the Paxton right now, the Vegas option might make sense for me.

Ken

Ken - Why would you save such a small amount of coin when a SAI GT/SC has so much more pedigree? I mean anyone can mod a Mustang, but you have a Shelby isn't that what you bought a Shelby for the name and pedigree? Please help me understand, I just don't get it.

Swede

Ken - Why would you save such a small amount of coin when a SAI GT/SC has so much more pedigree? I mean anyone can mod a Mustang, but you have a Shelby isn't that what you bought a Shelby for the name and pedigree? Please help me understand, I just don't get it.

Swede

Well...it's like this. The reason I bought a slightly used Shelby GT (4796 miles) was because it was affordable; otherwise, I'd gone with a slightly used GT-500. Having said that, I absolutely love the SGT. It's about affordability for some of us....

Why don't you get a SuperSnake, a 1967 GT-500, a 1965 Cobra Roadster ? Now there's some pedigree !

But that's just me :)

I am sorry but I am still disappointed. This just seems to be appeasement. If you get the Supercharger you get the Shelby GT/SC stripe. So effectively, the package is a rotor and pad upgrade with instrument cluster. Everything else is options that you can already get through the mod shop. What if you have a 2007 Shelby GT-C.

On the other hand I just got done reading about the Shelby GT/SR. That is a true package.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry740831

EDIT: I guess I need to read all the new post before I comment in threads. I just read about the Shelby upgrades for Mustang GTs. There is a "Supercharged" package, which is what the Shelby GT/SC package should be and a "Supercharged SR" which reads like the Shelby GT/SR package. I am back to disappointed. The Shelby GT still does not get an exclusive upgrade package like the handful of ones for the Shelby GT500. Sorry SAI, I know you can't please everybody but :cry:

Very Cool!!! Great work SAI love the wheels! Swede if you don't jump on this I am going to hire a PI to find you so I can do burnouts up and down your block!!! :hysterical:

Pretty cool deal guys!! :happy feet:

My inside source at Tulsa took a ride in the SR and said it hauled serious booty!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

These cars will make a new name for the Shelby doubters....seriously cool!

Funny to read this thread tonight, look what I had ordered up today-

FRPP 3.73's

Eaton Truetrac diff

SpyderShaft 1-piece DS

Swede and others, it's certainly cheaper to do it myself and farm out just a few things-

Maybe I'll make my own data plate and put my name on it :)

Already installed the F/B SS braided brake lines, Brembo's, Wilwood Fluid, R compound tires mounted and ready

Griggs rear half and the above installation coming in the weeks ahead

My opinion on the packages, if anyone cares...

I think they're cool.

Thank you.

No but really, I think they're cool. There's some of us who DEFINITELY won't touch the SGT without it being done by SAI/Affiliates. There's some of us, who in Shelby fashion take matters into our own hands. With the way prices are on SGT's that are still sitting out there, I think it's gonna be tough to find many people to basically pay for their car twice no matter what ends up on it. One thing to be certain, these will make the already rare SGT even more rare for those upfit. Look, we can nickel and dime the package and say it's too much or not enough, but that's the beauty of this car! My co-worker has a GO who parks two spots over from me every morning. I think his car is bad ass and shares NONE of the same mods as mine does. The SGT is completely an open canvas. I read these posts and respect every single car represented on here for what each one brings to the Shelby stable. These are all bad ass cars in my book. An SGT/SR is just another painted horse.... Happy Modding Fella's!

My opinion on the packages, if anyone cares...

I think they're cool.

Thank you.

No but really, I think they're cool. There's some of us who DEFINITELY won't touch the SGT without it being done by SAI/Affiliates. There's some of us, who in Shelby fashion take matters into our own hands. With the way prices are on SGT's that are still sitting out there, I think it's gonna be tough to find many people to basically pay for their car twice no matter what ends up on it. One thing to be certain, these will make the already rare SGT even more rare for those upfit. Look, we can nickel and dime the package and say it's too much or not enough, but that's the beauty of this car! My co-worker has a GO who parks two spots over from me every morning. I think his car is bad ass and shares NONE of the same mods as mine does. The SGT is completely an open canvas. I read these posts and respect every single car represented on here for what each one brings to the Shelby stable. These are all bad ass cars in my book. An SGT/SR is just another painted horse.... Happy Modding Fella's!

Hey Swede, what he (^^^) said! :poke:

Ken

I think this is great also. In fact, I am starting the Get Ilmor a GT/SC fund! So, all who want to contribute to this fund, let me know!! THANK YOU!!! :hysterical2:

Standard Features

Above supercharger

-Baer brake pads

-Shelby Gauge pod

Options

-3.73 gears

-Watts link

-Sequential tail lights

-Quarter window covers

-Kicker stereo upgrade

-Cooling system upgrade

-Two tone interior

WOW!! Look how much the prices have increased in 1 year!! :headscratch::headscratch:

Am I missing something

The GT/SC package stated that it is intended for current Shelby GT and GTH owners but the GT/SR package doesn't state this. Does this mean that that anyone that has a stock Mustang GT can send it to SAI and have it converted into a Shelby GT/SR ?

Am I missing something

The GT/SC package stated that it is intended for current Shelby GT and GTH owners but the GT/SR package doesn't state this. Does this mean that that anyone that has a stock Mustang GT can send it to SAI and have it converted into a Shelby GT/SR ?

That's correct from the way I read it! Any one with an 05 -09 Mustang GT can now send it into SAI and get it converted to a Shelby :nonono:

Any Color, any 05 - 09 etc....

And I thought the Shelby GT's were only available in a 2 year run!

Even if they put another label on it (Shelby Supercharged vs. Shelby GT/SC) it's still the same thing (Same as the 40th packages for 07's vs/ SE package for 08 - 09's)

Talk about ruinning the exclusivity of having the Shelby GT, 40th package etc....

Only positive to this is the fact that many of these packages will go unsold (high prices in this crap economy)!

How long ago was it that the Titus car was announced (and it's still vaporware)! Granted it was an overpriced proposition, never happened to date (no renderings, no nothing)!

Did I also mention, more SAI built vehicles with Certificates, yet the first ones done by SAI are still waiting for the opportunity to get a COA!

I could go on and on, but I'll stop at that!

Archived