TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vehicle Order Bank

bucko

Does anyone know the procedure Ford uses to pull orders from the VOB? My order was placed on 5/18 and haven't received my VIN yet. I see that a member has been waiting since Nov. That's got me a little worried. My dealer told me they use a "lottery system". Doesn't seem fair to me if it's true.

bucko, you just asked the $64,000 question. No one knows anything. Let me re-phrase that. There is someone, somewhere at Ford who knows, but reliable information does not get passed down to dealers or consumers. There are multiple threads on this forum that deal with this issue. It will take you all night to read them, but it should bring you up to speed.

OK- I'm gonna go out on a limb here and play devils advocate for a second. Let me first say I've been waiting a while for my car, and have been given much MIS-Information, BOGUS delivery dates (3 different ones) so definitely not happy about any of this crap.

BUT- The question I have is this: WHEN EXACTLY did Ford open up the order bank to actually ACCEPT a dealer order for a 2010??? I ask for this reason, We got some guys saying "I ordered my car in December 2008", "I ordered mine February 2009"... NOW, You may have gone in and given a commitment and deposit to order a car, but that does not mean an order was entered and accepted by Ford to build you a car. Allocations were not handed out until some time in March, not sure exactly what day - Maybe Michael Morris can weigh in on this. I mean, come on, did production of the 2009 model end in January 2009??? I think not.

Yeah - I went in and wrote a dealer order on 2/14, but there were no allocations at the time, it was just a gentleman's commitment to be up there at the top of the order list when cars started becoming reality. I may be totally wrong, but maybe there is some truth, or all truth, to what I'm saying. BELIEVE ME - I want nothing more than to drive my new Vert, and I want all of you guys to get your cars - SO WE CAN START DRIVING!!! Planning get-togethers, the WORKS. Peace Out my Shelby Brothers.

OK- I'm gonna go out on a limb here and play devils advocate for a second. Let me first say I've been waiting a while for my car, and have been given much MIS-Information, BOGUS delivery dates (3 different ones) so definitely not happy about any of this crap.

BUT- The question I have is this: WHEN EXACTLY did Ford open up the order bank to actually ACCEPT a dealer order for a 2010??? I ask for this reason, We got some guys saying "I ordered my car in December 2008", "I ordered mine February 2009"... NOW, You may have gone in and given a commitment and deposit to order a car, but that does not mean an order was entered and accepted by Ford to build you a car. Allocations were not handed out until some time in March, not sure exactly what day - Maybe Michael Morris can weigh in on this. I mean, come on, did production of the 2009 model end in January 2009??? I think not.

Yeah - I went in and wrote a dealer order on 2/14, but there were no allocations at the time, it was just a gentleman's commitment to be up there at the top of the order list when cars started becoming reality. I may be totally wrong, but maybe there is some truth, or all truth, to what I'm saying. BELIEVE ME - I want nothing more than to drive my new Vert, and I want all of you guys to get your cars - SO WE CAN START DRIVING!!! Planning get-togethers, the WORKS. Peace Out my Shelby Brothers.

Well, I know my dealer which I worked for a sales consultant was offered one in December and that is when the order was placed and the car was built in March. Now, the vehicle has fallen off the face of the earth as far as I am concerned. They keep saying it is sitting on the load ramp for the choo choo train. However, other cars keep getting shipped. So in my opinion no matter when the allocation, acceptance build vin or anything else it hasn't mattered in my case. Good Luck :lurk:

Cobra010

Well, I know my dealer which I worked for a sales consultant was offered one in December and that is when the order was placed and the car was built in March. Now, the vehicle has fallen off the face of the earth as far as I am concerned. They keep saying it is sitting on the load ramp for the choo choo train. However, other cars keep getting shipped. So in my opinion no matter when the allocation, acceptance build vin or anything else it hasn't mattered in my case. Good Luck :lurk:

Cobra010

I admit Cobra, your case is a bizarre one. I hope yours comes really soon. And I certainly didn't mean this post as a dig at you... just in general. I still would like Michael Morris to weigh in with his opinion of whats really going on behind the scenes at AAI...

I admit Cobra, your case is a bizarre one. I hope yours comes really soon. And I certainly didn't mean this post as a dig at you... just in general. I still would like Michael Morris to weigh in with his opinion of whats really going on behind the scenes at AAI...

I went in to the dealership in March2009 and said I wanted to order one. My dealer told me they had placed an order in Dec2008 for a black one and that I could have that one if i wanted. I took it because they said it would be here "by memorial day". Well, I'm still waiting..... It's amazing to me that the dealers just get no information from Ford on the status. All my salesman knows is that it's build and sitting in Flat Rock waiting to be shipped. That has been the case since it was built on May 11th. I read all the posts regarding the airbag, blah, blah, blah... I'm maintaining my cool because I want it to be right. So if Ford has to keep them for a while so they are perfect, then so be it. My only beef is that they don't tell us squat and we're left to hunt around the internet for information.

The way it works from my understanding is...Ford issues each REGION x number of models for allocation. Then the region issues that allocation out to the dealers within their region.

Allocation is typically given to dealers that had more sales of that particular model the prior year. For example, if dealer A had the most mustang sales for 09, they would be first to get allocation and so on.

I put two in the order bank on Jan 9th. They are both sitting their in the order bank on material hold. No vin, no nothing. They are sitting there because we have not yet been given any allocation for the GT500. Our zone rep has no idea WHEN we are suppose to get any allocation.

She told me that the Chicago Region only got 3 GT500's for the entire month. That is 3 GT500's for 262 dealers in our region! Nice huh?

WHEN your allocation does ever come up, Ford will pull orders every week. It is every Thursday here. If you have an order sitting in the order bank waiting to be pulled, Ford will pull the order on that Thursday and scedule a build date. Usually about a month out from the time of pulling the order. Then if everything on Ford's end goes smoothly without any delays, we can typically expect to get the car in about 8 weeks. Any delays of any kind can hold up the time of arrival for months! For example, the air bag issue they just had. Ford had lots of mustangs sitting in the lot on hold until they were able to resolve the issue before releasing the cars for shipping.

Now, lets assume you have the order sitting in the order bank and you had ordered a particular option? IF there is a shortage of parts on that particular option you ordered, the order bank will not pull your order and skip over it because the part required is not available. So it could go another week or weeks, until that part becomes available before Ford pulls the order and schedules a build date. Ford only pulls from the order bank once a week. Every Thursday here.

So unless a dealer has been given a SPECIFIC month in which they ARE going to get their allocation for that type of vehicle, then it is only a guess on the dealer's part as to when they MIGHT get their allocation.

As it stands right now, the two I have on order since Jan 9th are still sitting idle on material hold. We have NO IDEA as to WHEN we will finally get our allocation, AND whether or not we will get just one or more than one. Ford has not told us anything on this!

I was just told yesterday by our Ford rep that they are going to schedule some and they are suppose to start scheduling them based on how long they have been sitting in the order bank. So I emailed the Ford rep saying.....HELLO!!!! Mine have been sitting in the order bank since Jan 9th!!!! So I doubt there are many if any that are older than that! So get at least ONE of my orders pulled!!!! For now I will just have to keep waiting and see what happens. Maybe this Thursday could be the day! Or the next, or the next, or the next! Who knows! :banghead:

ooh, yeah...I forgot about the waiting part...welcome to 2006 and 2007 and 2008 everyone...most of us here waited at least 6 months for our cars...I consider myself lucky in that I waited only 3...even that was a LONG wait...we feel for you...this website will be quite the crutch for you while you eagerly await delivery...

We havent had railcar tracking threads here in a while...Im sure we will soon see that here again REAL soon!

The way it works from my understanding is...Ford issues each REGION x number of models for allocation. Then the region issues that allocation out to the dealers within their region.

Allocation is typically given to dealers that had more sales of that particular model the prior year. For example, if dealer A had the most mustang sales for 09, they would be first to get allocation and so on.

I put two in the order bank on Jan 9th. They are both sitting their in the order bank on material hold. No vin, no nothing. They are sitting there because we have not yet been given any allocation for the GT500. Our zone rep has no idea WHEN we are suppose to get any allocation.

She told me that the Chicago Region only got 3 GT500's for the entire month. That is 3 GT500's for 262 dealers in our region! Nice huh?

WHEN your allocation does ever come up, Ford will pull orders every week. It is every Thursday here. If you have an order sitting in the order bank waiting to be pulled, Ford will pull the order on that Thursday and scedule a build date. Usually about a month out from the time of pulling the order. Then if everything on Ford's end goes smoothly without any delays, we can typically expect to get the car in about 8 weeks. Any delays of any kind can hold up the time of arrival for months! For example, the air bag issue they just had. Ford had lots of mustangs sitting in the lot on hold until they were able to resolve the issue before releasing the cars for shipping.

Now, lets assume you have the order sitting in the order bank and you had ordered a particular option? IF there is a shortage of parts on that particular option you ordered, the order bank will not pull your order and skip over it because the part required is not available. So it could go another week or weeks, until that part becomes available before Ford pulls the order and schedules a build date. Ford only pulls from the order bank once a week. Every Thursday here.

So unless a dealer has been given a SPECIFIC month in which they ARE going to get their allocation for that type of vehicle, then it is only a guess on the dealer's part as to when they MIGHT get their allocation.

As it stands right now, the two I have on order since Jan 9th are still sitting idle on material hold. We have NO IDEA as to WHEN we will finally get our allocation, AND whether or not we will get just one or more than one. Ford has not told us anything on this!

I was just told yesterday by our Ford rep that they are going to schedule some and they are suppose to start scheduling them based on how long they have been sitting in the order bank. So I emailed the Ford rep saying.....HELLO!!!! Mine have been sitting in the order bank since Jan 9th!!!! So I doubt there are many if any that are older than that! So get at least ONE of my orders pulled!!!! For now I will just have to keep waiting and see what happens. Maybe this Thursday could be the day! Or the next, or the next, or the next! Who knows! :banghead:

Nice and informative.

Thanks

Cobra010 :shift: :happy feet:

Nice and informative.

Thanks

Cobra010 :shift: :happy feet:

Great info--Im just glad i ordered, and have mine thru Michael Morris,thanks to the forum.Hes sold a number of Shelbys and must have been high on the allocation list.I had spoken to all the Atl dealers and just didnt get the feeling they knew what was going on with orderign the car--Michael knew.Thanks

"I put two in the order bank on Jan 9th. They are both sitting their in the order bank on material hold. No vin, no nothing. They are sitting there because we have not yet been given any allocation for the GT500. Our zone rep has no idea WHEN we are suppose to get any allocation.

She told me that the Chicago Region only got 3 GT500's for the entire month. That is 3 GT500's for 262 dealers in our region! Nice huh?"

................................................................................

Shelby Dude, you guys are in a world of hurt on your allocations. There are two dealers down here that between them already have allocations of five. The one Dealer here in town has a total allocation of 12 for the year. He has already received his first car and it is on the sales floor now. The sales manager told me on the car he just received that he initially ordered it with HID and it rejected so he removed them and it went right on thru.

My order was placed against an allocation the Dealer had received. Somebody in Chicago must have really upset someone at Ford.

Steve

Thanks so much for all the information in your post above, Shelbydude. That was a ton of great answers that you gave to all of us. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain it all. A little bit of information is all that most people here are asking for.

"I put two in the order bank on Jan 9th. They are both sitting their in the order bank on material hold. No vin, no nothing. They are sitting there because we have not yet been given any allocation for the GT500. Our zone rep has no idea WHEN we are suppose to get any allocation.

She told me that the Chicago Region only got 3 GT500's for the entire month. That is 3 GT500's for 262 dealers in our region! Nice huh?"

................................................................................

Shelby Dude, you guys are in a world of hurt on your allocations. There are two dealers down here that between them already have allocations of five. The one Dealer here in town has a total allocation of 12 for the year. He has already received his first car and it is on the sales floor now. The sales manager told me on the car he just received that he initially ordered it with HID and it rejected so he removed them and it went right on thru.

My order was placed against an allocation the Dealer had received. Somebody in Chicago must have really upset someone at Ford.

Steve

The HID was listed as late availability. So I ordered one with HID and one without so the one without would get pulled and scheduled early. Only that never happened and they are both still sitting on material hold.

It makes no sense that the entire region only got 3 GT500 orders pulled for the entire month!

There are dealers that have already gotten more than one while dealers have not had any even scheduled yet. We can't even find out WHEN we can at least expect to get any allocation. At least in the past they would give us an idea and would tell us what month we would get allocation if it was within 3 months of coming up. Now we can't find out anything!

Here are my two orders currently showing as of today. This is how they have shown since Jan 9th.

Status

Order..... No VIN........ Vehicle Line .........Primary..................... Secondary ....................Vehicle Location........ Status Date / Time........... ETA

1214.... ..................... Mustang.....In Order Processing .....Unscheduled- Material Hold ......................................... Jan-09-2009...............????

1259........................... Mustang.....In Order Processing......Unscheduled- Material Hold ..........................................Jan-09-2009...............????

Here are my two orders currently showing as of today. This is how they have shown since Jan 9th.

Status

Order..... No VIN........ Vehicle Line .........Primary..................... Secondary ....................Vehicle Location........ Status Date / Time........... ETA

1214.... ..................... Mustang.....In Order Processing .....Unscheduled- Material Hold ......................................... Jan-09-2009...............????

1259........................... Mustang.....In Order Processing......Unscheduled- Material Hold ..........................................Jan-09-2009...............????

Man, that is tough. I sure hope the allocations get fixed for you guys soon. The whole process makes no sense at all. This is almost as bad as the shipping fiasco with all the guys who have built cars and cannot get them.

Steve

That's just crazy...since January! I guess it doesn't matter who you are. I hope I didn't get myself into a mess by ordering my car like this. Oh my. I'm getting a bit worried hearing about all these dealer allocations, order banks, zone reps...EEK! All I want is my car built and delivered in a descent time frame.

That's just crazy...since January! I guess it doesn't matter who you are. I hope I didn't get myself into a mess by ordering my car like this. Oh my. I'm getting a bit worried hearing about all these dealer allocations, order banks, zone reps...EEK! All I want is my car built and delivered in a descent time frame.

theres several on ebay in GB

Archived