TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT500 Torch Red W/Flat Black Stripes

Grabber

Wow the red/flat black is really sharp. The flat black helps blend the rear diffuser some.

They probably had to wrestle Grabber away to keep him from painting the differential! :hysterical:

20k ADM....dont they know there is a freeking recession?

Grabber, you looking to buy another or just looking? Thanks for the nice picts.

KC666

:rockon:

I looked at a 2010 GT500 exactly the same color today in Zumbrota, MN. It is sitting outside. I guess they do not mean as much to the dealers anymore. I remember when they never were outside.

My review:

The picture as usual do not do it justice. The car is as awsome as my 2009 red stripe car.

The dash and the rest of the interior look really good.

I think the rear looks way better in person, I like it.

The hood is not as good as the 07-09 models. Vent on hood looks better and is smaller than it looks in pictures.

Rims are very sharpe!!

I wish I did not stop to look, now I want one!!

My 2007 is the cats meow for me. :happy feet:

Your car is awesome. That was the color I wanted when I was first looking into buying a shelby. I was going to get an '08 used. But the orange option is just so scarce that it was impossible to find. So I went with the 2010 model and Grabber blue (which I love now).

Man..........for some reason the faux gas cap looks especially HUGE on this one! Someone needs to paint it black!!!!!

hehe...Ford did not skimp on resources when they constructed that faux gas cap, huh? :wacko:

Maybe they could have made in 2 inches less in diameter...and saved some production money and turned around and applied that savings to painting the rearend? :poke:

hehe...Ford did not skimp on resources when they constructed that faux gas cap, huh? :wacko:

Maybe they could have made in 2 inches less in diameter...and saved some production money and turned around and applied that savings to painting the rearend? :poke:

+1..I mean how much does a 1/2 pint of paint cost? I like the old 07-09 cap better, they should have stuck with it. Still there is a lot to like on the 2010. I would love to get one but I'm not going to trade my 07 and I dont have the space for another car. Money is not exactly falling from the sky either....Oh well, something to strive for.

KC666

Your car is awesome. That was the color I wanted when I was first looking into buying a shelby. I was going to get an '08 used. But the orange option is just so scarce that it was impossible to find. So I went with the 2010 model and Grabber blue (which I love now).

Grabber Blue is my next favorite color. The White stripes set it off beautifully. I can't wait to see your car.

I just got a new camera and these are my first pic's with it. :camera:Click to enlarge.

I just love this car. It's so darn fun to drive. I had it out for a 50 mile run today in the sun. :shift:

th_GT500andChally011.jpg

th_GT500andChally015.jpg

+1..I mean how much does a 1/2 pint of paint cost? I like the old 07-09 cap better, they should have stuck with it. Still there is a lot to like on the 2010. I would love to get one but I'm not going to trade my 07 and I dont have the space for another car. Money is not exactly falling from the sky either....Oh well, something to strive for.

KC666

I agree that the new faux cap is tad too large. If it were up to me, as you say - I would have carried over the previous version. However that is minor, minor issue in the grand scheme of the car.

LOL! I know what you mean about money! I've adjusted my spending habits big time since ordering my car. Lots of self discipline being applied to my life.

Grabber Blue is my next favorite color. The White stripes set it off beautifully. I can't wait to see your car.

I just got a new camera and these are my first pic's with it. :camera:Click to enlarge.

I just love this car. It's so darn fun to drive. I had it out for a 50 mile run today in the sun. :shift:

Thanks...I really hope that somehow I'm able to get my car in mid-late August. For sure I'll be taking lots of pictures.

No doubt I would have been quite happy to find a car just like yours. Looks amazing in the sun like that. I can't stop staring at it. :drool: It appears to be fresh out of the showroom! Do you put many miles on it? Thanks for the pics. :lurk:

Thanks...I really hope that somehow I'm able to get my car in mid-late August. For sure I'll be taking lots of pictures.

No doubt I would have been quite happy to find a car just like yours. Looks amazing in the sun like that. I can't stop staring at it. :drool: It appears to be fresh out of the showroom! Do you put many miles on it? Thanks for the pics. :lurk:

The color takes on different looks with the sun and sunset. I'm going to get sunset pic's tonight with my new camera. Look at the color on the hood in these pic's:

th_GT500andChally017.jpg

th_GT500andChally016.jpg

I have 5,800 miles on it now. I never drive it in the rain and I detail it after every use before I put it away. Motor too. I just put a stock look alike 2.65 pulley on the Eaton SC and a bigger idler pulley to compensate for the belt length. This car is now a rocket ship.

th_StageIIVMPpulley008.jpg

Here's the new 2.65 Pulley on my car:

th_StageIIVMPpulley023.jpg

I just put the KR Mufflers and H-pipe on it so it sounds just like a KR. Very sweet sounding.

KRMufflersH-Pipe030.jpg

th_KRMufflersH-Pipe003.jpg

th_KRMufflersH-Pipe014.jpg

Here's a sound clip of it.

th_Apr162009-VID00001.jpg

Thanks for the additional pics and sound clip, Grabber! :lurk:

That exhaust sounds sweet! WOW! Your car is just killer. I like the addition of the two small stripes on the fender - nice little touch. Yeah, Orange is great! I know what you mean about the color almost changing in the light. When the orange first came out, it almost looked yellow in some the pics to me. Actually some were listed on ebay as being yellow...I later then found out that it was actually orange.

Love the mailbox too! hehe.

Thanks for the additional pics and sound clip, Grabber! :lurk:

That exhaust sounds sweet! WOW! Your car is just killer. I like the addition of the two small stripes on the fender - nice little touch. Yeah, Orange is great! I know what you mean about the color almost changing in the light. When the orange first came out, it almost looked yellow in some the pics to me. Actually some were listed on ebay as being yellow...I later then found out that it was actually orange.

Love the mailbox too! hehe.

looks and sounds great--excellent job.I liked that color best,but N/A for 2010.That is very close to a 70GTO Judgecolor, Orbit Orange--love it

Thanks guys.

The Judges at the show liked it today too.

I brought home 2 pieces of hardware.

1st place for best modern Muscle car & 3rd place for best modern Ford. :happy feet:

Trophyswonat6-27-09CarShow051.jpg

Trophyswonat6-27-09CarShow053.jpg

Trophyswonat6-27-09CarShow054.jpg

Trophyswonat6-27-09CarShow056.jpg

Trophyswonat6-27-09CarShow057.jpg

Trophyswonat6-27-09CarShow065.jpg

Thanks guys.

The Judges at the show liked it today too.

I brought home 2 pieces of hardware.

1st place for best modern Muscle car & 3rd place for best modern Ford. :happy feet:

Woo hoo!! Congratulations Grabber!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

:bowdown:

Archived