TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Martins GT500

Michael,

We have beaten the rear end of the 2010 to death. What does the GT500 hood look like in person? I must say it looks unattractive in the photos -- just looks somehow unfinished. I have not seen one in person, though.

Jim

Michael,

We have beaten the rear end of the 2010 to death. What does the GT500 hood look like in person? I must say it looks unattractive in the photos -- just looks somehow unfinished. I have not seen one in person, though.

Jim

You have to see it in person.The design flow at the corners is really great--i always thought the earleir design had a blunt look to it.But when i saw my new car at MMs, i thought it looked excellent really.PICs dont do it justice,you really have to see in in full scale,and the sequential lights really set it off

MM emailed me saying my GB coupe, HID/NAV is on its way. He will know more later this week.

By the way MM has been great through the whole process and I wouldnt think twice about buying from him again.

Just wanted to know what happened? This was posted by you on June 8th???? Not being a smart ass just wondering. Please just go get the Shelby and Love her!!!!! :happy feet:

This whole process from start to finish has got me tired and I have no excitement left.

Anybody looking for a 2010 GB GT500? I really dont have interest anymore.

Are you kidding? The fun part is driving it. You WILL get excited then, trust me. Hang in there dude you got PSDS, its is curable.

Do you have a 07-09 already or is this your first one? If you've not driven one, they are really some fun.

MM: The car looks awsome, I'm really over the "dirty diaper" back end even, I do hope ford paints it but if not its still nice from the back. The taillights are very trick. I wish I could afford one and or had the space for one. Maybe next year. GB/white is THE color! Black on Black would be next. Is this a members car? Your a lucky dog!

I personally would not want me car on the show floor either because, well , people are idiots.

KC666

:rockon:

This whole process from start to finish has got me tired and I have no excitement left.

Anybody looking for a 2010 GB GT500? I really don't have interest anymore.

:headscratch: I'm confused...what happened? I know I wouldn't be exactly happy about the car sitting in the showroom to a certain extent - but not enough to have me reject the car all together. Please elaborate on your reason for saying this - if you want to.

:headscratch: I'm confused...what happened? I know I wouldn't be exactly happy about the car sitting in the showroom to a certain extent - but not enough to have me reject the car all together. Please elaborate on your reason for saying this - if you want to.

Ill let Greg answer,but i picked up my car from the same,very small dealer.He got my car on Wed morning,cleaned it up, and i asked him where he would put it overnight.He said hed put it in the showroom,which is big enough for 2 cars,the other being MMs Snake.The other choice was the shop.I got there Thursday and it was sitting outside waiting for me. Yes there were a few pieces of dust in the car on the carpets,but not dirty or soiled.I doubt he gets more than 4 people in the showroom per day,its that small.

Ill let Greg answer,but i picked up my car from the same,very small dealer.He got my car on Wed morning,cleaned it up, and i asked him where he would put it overnight.He said hed put it in the showroom,which is big enough for 2 cars,the other being MMs Snake.The other choice was the shop.I got there Thursday and it was sitting outside waiting for me. Yes there were a few pieces of dust in the car on the carpets,but not dirty or soiled.I doubt he gets more than 4 people in the showroom per day,its that small.

The dirt on the floor is probably from the transport company... I would sooner have my car in the showroom than in the parking lot...

Hey Greggara, I wish I could tell you the whole story behind my new GT500. I've ended up at the Cardiologist getting an ultra sound on my heart and doing a tread mill test and doubling my meds. Blood Pressure was very high because of the car deal situation that I'm dealing with. I could put a smile on your face after hearing my story. Don't let things get you down, pick the car up and try to enjoy it first. Hey, at least yours is in, mine should be here sometime in July, if I live that long. Oh yeah, "life's to short, eat dessert first."

ps Its not the dealership causing me all the grief either.

Sorry but not thrilled about the car being prepped AND sitting on the showroom floor...

These cars sit outside in the lot at the plants until they get shipped. Then they get dirty from sitting, during transporting and rained on if it rains anytime during being transported, and lots of dust, dirt, and sometimes mud gets splatter on them while being transported. MOST of the time every new vehicle that comes in off the transport is FILTHY!!!

Surely you wouldn't want the car to sit with all the dirt all over it.

It looks to me like if anything they may have cleaned the car off on the outside. I still see plastic on the passenger seat in the picture and there is plastic on the steering wheel, and that doesn't look like dirt on the carpet. It looks like loose pieces of grass or something that probably came of the shoes from the transport drivers. Depending on the number of stops there could be multiple drivers that unload and load the cars on and off trains and trucks. At a minimum there is the driver that drives it off the line to the parking lot. Then a driver from the lot to the train. Possibly another driver onto the train. Then another driver off the train. Then a driver to the lot until the transport driver picks it up and loads it onto his truck to the dealership. Many times the plastic on the drivers seat will be all torn up from all the different drivers getting in and out during the shipping process. So rather than leaving it on looking like sh*t it is better to just remove it. I don't know if that is the case here, but based on seeing the plastic on the passenger seat and steering wheel it does not appear prepped?

As for being on the showroom floor, where would you rather it be? In the shop where mechanics work and where it is dirty? Outside sitting on the lot in the open where someone can come by at night putting their hands all over it and possibly damaging it? Or safe and sound inside on the showroom floor where someone can keep a much closer eye on it?

The showroom floor is the safest place for it, unless you have a separate building to store it in that is never being used for anything where no one can touch it.

I stored mine on our showroom floor the entire winter the first year I got it. I got my car in August and got to drive it until mid November. From mid November until late March it sat on our showroom floor. Our showroom can hold 8 cars easy.

Here is a pic of my car sitting on the showroom floor. The red one is a clone we made. The blue one was mine. That is a picture of the first winter I had it and that is where it sat from November until March during the winter. It was the best place for it because I could see all day long while we were open and it was locked up inside at night.

I know I would want mine inside rather than on the lot outside or sitting in service somewhere where I couldn't see it all the time and where other employees could be gawking over it.

50.jpg

49.jpg

As for being on the showroom floor, where would you rather it be? In the shop where mechanics work and where it is dirty? Outside sitting on the lot in the open where someone can come by at night putting their hands all over it and possibly damaging it? Or safe and sound inside on the showroom floor where someone can keep a much closer eye on it?

Very good points in your post ShelbyDude. I would too very much prefer that my car was in the showroom. Especially when you think of what "could" happen in the darkness of night outside on the lot.

Thanks Bob. Well, in that case, I would really think that the showroom is the best place with that very small amount of people traffic.

The car is put on the showroom at night to keeps folks from messing with it! I keep my SS on the floor because I sit at the tower that overlooks the showroom. I keep folks OFF the cars!

The seat shot was when the car first came off the truck. The carpet had ALOT of paper and such. I (me, not the detail guy) vacuumed the car and washed it using the same things I use to wash the SS. Because of a few folks talking about finding things on these cars after washing them I wanted to wash it (NOT polish it) see if there were any other marks on the car.

MM

No. Misunderstanding. I just lost interest.

Sorry to hear that. So many of us would like to be you at the moment in having your car ready to be picked up. If I did not have a deal already in place (along with a down payment) - I'd love to take that car home with me if you were to decide against it.

Sorry but not thrilled about the car being prepped AND sitting on the showroom floor...

EDIT Sorry this came across wrong. Not a huge deal for me. I just kinda lost interest. Maybe seeing the car in person will help.

I know it may not feel like it, but it's the best place for it. Your options are outside, in the garage, or on the showroom floor. On the floor you've got saleman keeping an eye on it. Outside or in the garage would be a big deal for me....

The car is put on the showroom at night to keeps folks from messing with it! I keep my SS on the floor because I sit at the tower that overlooks the showroom. I keep folks OFF the cars!

The seat shot was when the car first came off the truck. The carpet had ALOT of paper and such. I (me, not the detail guy) vacuumed the car and washed it using the same things I use to wash the SS. Because of a few folks talking about finding things on these cars after washing them I wanted to wash it (NOT polish it) see if there were any other marks on the car.

MM

floor looked the same as mine...it's wadded up paper product that I only had on the drivers side. At first I thought they were rocks, but it's actually tiny pieces of crumpled paper....

Ha

Just think I paid 10k over for my 07 and had way more issues than this

If I could do it again, I would have told the dealer PISS OFF for not following instructions and for screwing me out of even more money. My car was sent to the wrong freaking dealer as well as having it cleaned, and all plastic removed.

I took the car anyway, and love it. You will get over it but hey I paid over so IMO you deserve the dealer to do absolutley every thing you tell them to do.

Shit if I asked him to do 20 pushups and send me a vid, he should have!

Good luck, I think your just worried and it looks fine, MM is a great member and I'd say your car is in great hands.

BUT I don't know the whole story, just whats posted, so what do I know

MM

Great reply, good to hear you personally took the time to give the car a once over.

Anybody looking for a 2010 GB GT500? I really dont have interest anymore.

What is the price, I know someone who would be interested at $1,000 over invoice or less. What are the options on the car.

Thanks

Steve

Archived