TEAM SHELBY FORUM

newbie here :)

8camaro

I would like to thank the admistrator for running a great and informative site, especially with a bunch of great knowledgable people here. My current Ford is a Roush Mustang but I am not a Ford guy, rather I am a car guy. I just love cars wether its Japanese, Europe, GM, or India, I just appreciate the beauty of an automobile, its a moving piece of art. Now I know there are some ugly pieces of art out there but you have to appreciate the ideas behind it and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and just because somebody doesn't see the world through your eyes doesn't make it right or wrong, which brings me to this forum. My current cars are a 2006 Roush Stage2 Mustang, E60 M5, and my wife's 300C. The Roush was a buyer's impulse, I went down to the dealer to buy a GT500 on Christmas 2005 (my B-Day) but the dealer informed me that they don't know when the S197 Gt500 will be released, I couldn't wait and fell in love with the Roush. Everytime I see a GT500 on the streets, I've always regretted not waiting so now I've decided not to make the same mistake again, but its been a long road for me to decide on the GT500. My first choice was an 09 Z06 (Yellow) because GM is sh*tting them out like crazy at $61K, I've always wanted a Z06, just love the styling and power of it but my wife and I are in the middle of adopting our three nephews (1 month, 5yrs, 7yrs) because my sister-in-law decided that drugs was more important then her kids, plus we didn't want the Child Services to split them up. After talking to my wife, she said go ahead and pull the trigger on the Z06, she said I've always done things for everyone and now its time to do something for myself, but I know deep down inside there's no more "me", just "we" and the Z06 is not practical. So my second choice was a 2010 Nissan GTR (don't flame), hey its got back seats!! After seeing it in person and got to track it one weekend, it was the best thing I've ever driven. But I thought about it, was it the best thing I've ever driven or was it driving me?? Its a great car that will make an average driver good, a good driver great, at the end of the day I don't know if I am good or the car made me LOOK good. So after lurking around on this forum and visiting the Camaro5.com to see what they have to say about the GT500 (laughable), I decided not to pass up my chance again. I have friends calling me crazy to pass up the GTR for the GT500 and I would tell them "I know I can get a faster track time with the GTR then the GT500 but with the GT500 its more rewarding knowing I wrestled every ounce out of it, it maybe slower but it proved that I can drive and not the car driven me". Anyone know any great deals on a 2010 Grabber Blue/White with Nav, HID?? ;)

They will start popping up on ebay and such, but your best bet would be to contact all the dealers in your state and see if they have or can get you one

Comparing the Nissan to the GT500 is like night and day... 2 different cars

Yes I know the GTR and the GT500 are apples and oranges, they couldn't be any more different but I compared them in terms of driving experiences not stats vs. stats, plus they were my two choices. As for finding a 2010 GT500, it shouldn't be a problem finding one, within a 25 mile radius, heck there's even on sitting at a dealer within 3 miles from my house, the problem is I don't want to pay $35K "added premium" on it and since I live in NorCal/Bay Area, its a common thing.

Yes I know the GTR and the GT500 are apples and oranges, they couldn't be any more different but I compared them in terms of driving experiences not stats vs. stats, plus they were my two choices. As for finding a 2010 GT500, it shouldn't be a problem finding one, within a 25 mile radius, heck there's even on sitting at a dealer within 3 miles from my house, the problem is I don't want to pay $35K "added premium" on it and since I live in NorCal/Bay Area, its a common thing.

If you want one sitting "on the ground" at a dealer be prepared to pay at least MSRP and maybe more. If you order one you can shop Dealers and get one for $1,000 over invoice without much of a problem, but you are looking at 10 to 12 weeks delivery. Also some of the ones already at Dealerships were ordered in January and in order to get the order thru some of the Dealers deleted the HID option. This is how the one at Cook Whitehead ended up without the HID option.

If you want one sitting "on the ground" at a dealer be prepared to pay at least MSRP and maybe more. If you order one you can shop Dealers and get one for $1,000 over invoice without much of a problem, but you are looking at 10 to 12 weeks delivery. Also some of the ones already at Dealerships were ordered in January and in order to get the order thru some of the Dealers deleted the HID option. This is how the one at Cook Whitehead ended up without the HID option.

this is what I am gonna do, order one from a dealer and wait 12 weeks, now I just got to find a dealer that's willing to sit down without all the jackass hassle game they like to play.

Welcome to the forum! Nothing wrong with being a all around car guy, I'm the same way. Mustangs have a special place in my heart but I can appreciate all automotive art. The GTR is a helluva car, I wish I could afford one but right now its not in the cards. I have a 94 Supra Turbo, which I love dearly. The Japanese make one hell of a nice muscle car. The GTR may just be the closest thing to a Japanese Shelby, but maybe more like a Vette.

Anyhow, since they are still making the GT500's and probably will for a while you should be able to hook one up at MSRP. I wouldnt pay a ADM now, back in 07 there was a feeding frenzy on these cars and to get one early on people were paying big money to be first on their block so to speak. Shouldnt be that way now.

Anyway, good luck, hope you get your dream car. Roushs are dam nice too!

KC666

:rockon:

Archived