TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tires??

Nitto Invo all the way...great tires..I have used them on 6 cars this year so far...grippy, last along time, look good, quiet, and smooth ride.

Alex

It would be good to hear more on this subject. Recently I went for a drive with a friend that has a 2008 Viper (605hp RWHP measured). He has stock Michelin Pilot Sport 345/ 30 ZR19 tires and he says he and the other Viper boys get great traction--if he doesn't rev up and drop the clutch he gets a great release from take off and during shifts. He isn't a real road ripper upper but the wider tire looks to give better traction to me at first glance.

I have used both in the past, the KDW is the better tire all the way around. If you drive in the wet a lot, you will love the KDW it just sticks. I could drive it just as hard as when it was dry. The Nitto would scare the hell out of me in the wet.

Ive never drove the Shelby in the rain before nor I ever plan to. :censored: Im thinking Im going to go with tthe KDW's. Ive heard great things. :happy feet: The only down side is the noise level. :headscratch: Any thoughts on this?

They look really good aswell. :dance: Plus performance wise Im thiking it would be the better tire, I love hitting those corners and freeway off ramps. :shift:

Nitto INVO or BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW-2. :headscratch: Can I have advise on personal experience any expert advise will be greatly appreciated. :happy feet:

I have the Nitto INVO's and they are hard. Used twice on the road coarse and they hold up really well. I don't have the BF Goodrich KDW's, but another car at the event did and they complained of a really soft sidewall. This lead to uncomfortable cornering. :o

Of the two, I would recommend the Nitto's, however, I would suggest you review what it is you want to do with the tires and get ones best suited for your application with our heavy car.

Good luck!

Performance White/Vista Blue, JLT Cold Air, VMP Tune, FRPP Short Throw Shifter, FRPP KR Mufflers

I have the Nitto INVO's and they are hard. Used twice on the road coarse and they hold up really well. I don't have the BF Goodrich KDW's, but another car at the event did and they complained of a really soft sidewall. This lead to uncomfortable cornering. :o

Of the two, I would recommend the Nitto's, however, I would suggest you review what it is you want to do with the tires and get ones best suited for your application with our heavy car.

Good luck!

Performance White/Vista Blue, JLT Cold Air, VMP Tune, FRPP Short Throw Shifter, FRPP KR Mufflers

On my 2005 Mustang GT I had the stock Pirelli and they were not good on a wet road but overall were ok tires. When I upgraded to the GT500 I found the stock Eagle F1's to be "Terrible on a wet road" to the point of making me neverous. A tire shop friend of mine said to try the Toyo Proxes and they do come in the standard 18inch GT500 sizes. I bought them on his recommendation and they are the best cornering tires I have had on either of the Mustangs and they stick to road on corners very well in the rain/wet surface. I feel very confident taking hard corners at high speeds with these tires...However they have one fault... they are not very good on a hard launch! Very hard to keep them planted! The same performance tire shop friend told me to run the rears at 30lbs to help with the launch problem. That improved things but the orig Eagle F1's on a dry road were better from a standing start but in all other respects the Toyo Proxes are better tires. I think I need a set of wet winter and dry summer tires and rims.

Does any of that help?

Best Regards,

MSB Mustang / Mark

PS-I was thinking of getting a set of Torq 19" rims and trying something different for summer driving and use the Toyo Proxes in the wet winters here in Nothern CA. However I have not been able to find a set of 19" Torq style wheels. I thought I saw some on a Shelby GT at a dealer a while ago and I need to go back and check them out again.

Ive never drove the Shelby in the rain before nor I ever plan to. :censored: Im thinking Im going to go with tthe KDW's. Ive heard great things. :happy feet: The only down side is the noise level. :headscratch: Any thoughts on this?

They look really good aswell. :dance: Plus performance wise Im thiking it would be the better tire, I love hitting those corners and freeway off ramps. :shift:

I have the KDW and they are a bit noisy on the road in the front I have the F1s in the rain it does scare me as I can feel the car not touching the road surface. I do like them on the track at Sebring and the KDW are holding up well and are sticky. I won a set of steeda ultra light rims with Nitto 555 the size is 275/35 so far I really like this new set up the tires do very well in the rain and are very sticky on the open road, PLUS they are not noisy. So for a free set of wheels and tires I'm a happy guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived