TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where to put the Terlingua Racing Team decal?

socalwrench

TRT decal position  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Where does the TRT decal belong (or look the best)?

• rear window
    • quarter window (x2)
    • quarter panel (x2)
    • side window (x2)
    • upper portion of the fender (x2)
    • lower portion of the fender (x2)
    • upper portion of the door / under the side mirror (x2)
    • front edge of the hood (centered)
    • center of the front bumper
    • rear bumper (either side)

Well, I've always wondered where the Terlingua Racing Team decal belongs on our S197 Mustang. I am referring the traditional shield decal that is yellow, black and chrome/silver. I have seen many people put them on the fenders and a few on the hoods, but I still can't decide where to put it. This is partially because putting anything on the paint is going to be permanent.

d1-2.jpg

So, what do you guys and gals think? Keep in mind that the 'x2' simply means that there will be one on either side. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, the new Terlingua Mustang does have them each upper fender. The classic Cobra has it there too, only it's slightly more forward. Perhaps if I put it on the fender, but directly above the fender emblem that would look nice.

Hey Ken, where's your TRT decal anyway?

Yeah, the new Terlingua Mustang does have them each upper fender. The classic Cobra has it there too, only it's slightly more forward. Perhaps if I put it on the fender, but directly above the fender emblem that would look nice.

Hey Ken, where's your TRT decal anyway?

LOL I had mine on the bottom, under my PBF badge for a few weeks, till I tore them off.

I loved the idea of them but they just didn't look right to me. Then I finally saw a Terlingua online and noticed the sticker placement.

So I ordered up a set of the TRT magnets, which I throw on the upper fenders for shows, meets, and some track days. :)

Ken

Now there's an idea- magnets. How the heck....? I guess I could buy and trim some flat magnet material and stick the decals on the it.

Yeah man they work pretty well. If you check out the official TRT site, you can buy some already cut there. The 'normal' sized decals are what they call 'large'.

Here's the link: http://www.terlinguaracingteam.com/compone...emart/Itemid,4/

Ken

I run the magnetic version and picked them up early on because of exactly what you are going through. No brainer for me as I just could not put a decal on the car. Mine sit right below the "Powered by Ford" badge (not that they are there in my signature -- looks like time for new photos).

Jim

Yep, upper portion of the front fenders is where they belong. I have mine on the quarter windows for now as to not harm the paint, but I am getting the magnet one's also. I do have the large stickers on my daily driver '65 on the front fenders which is where they went on the old trans-am cars in the mid 60's. Sorry for the bad pics, just took them with the cell phone at work.

Terlingua11.JPG

Terlingua21.JPG

:lol: I'm not how I should take that.

Like "Oh...that's interesting looking" :hysterical:

ugliestmustangeverlead.jpg

NOTE: I googled "ugliest mustang" to find this picture

yep

believe it or not it was built to honour the new movie (at the time) "The Dark Knight."

You have to be kidding me- that 'Dark Knight' Mustang is f-ugly. Bruce Wayne.... I mean, Batman would never drive that!

AFblue, I meant 'interesting' in a good way- I think they compliment your rocker stripes nicely. It was funny to read your response though.

AFBlue has convinced me that I too have no opinion. Craig

BTW, most hobby shops carry sheets of magnetic materials that you can buy. Just put the decal on the magnetic material and trim to size.......I put my on prior to thinking about this, so I will probably remove these and do this when I get time....

post-10682-1245965382_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1245965382_thumb.jpg

I have the small magnetized items set below the GT/CS stripe.

2008FordMustangCTCSconvertibleBlackTopDownRFV_0562.jpg

Also experimented with the larger magnetized versions on the B pillar.

mustGTCSrr_9024.jpg

There is some discussion around that recommends 30-mil as the minimum magnetic material thickness for secure high-speed retention, especially on curved surfaces.

gtcsBadges_30833.jpg

2008FordMustangCTCSconvertibleBlackTopDownRFV_0562.jpg

mustGTCSrr_9024.jpg

gtcsBadges_30833.jpg

• 3 years later...

Yep, upper portion of the front fenders is where they belong. I have mine on the quarter windows for now as to not harm the paint, but I am getting the magnet one's also. I do have the large stickers on my daily driver '65 on the front fenders which is where they went on the old trans-am cars in the mid 60's. Sorry for the bad pics, just took them with the cell phone at work.

Terlingua11.JPG

Terlingua21.JPG

I just found an old image of my car with yours at one of the meetings :)

302711_10100237315035982_1591109250_n.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of my 65 with the sticker on the fender. It is perminently on my car and still looks brand new. I applied mine In Vegas back in March, while I was attending the Shelby Bash Saturday car show .post-28087-0-89617400-1354222120_thumb.jpgpost-28087-0-26084600-1354222221_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-89617400-1354222120_thumb.jpg

post-28087-0-26084600-1354222221_thumb.jpg

Archived