TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Almost Drove a Grabber Blue Home This Morning

War Eagle

In a moment of weakness I almost bought a Grabber Blue 2010 off the lot this morning in lieu of the Torch Red I have on order. I would have been able to get my deposit back on my order with no problem. The Grabber blue is sitting on the local Dealers lot and he agreed to offer me almost as good a deal as the Torch Red I have on order.

The Grabber Blue did not come with the HID headlamps and part of the deal was to swap out the standard lamps with the HIDs.

What we found out this morning was that it is not simple and the Dealer said it would cost almost $2,000 vs the $525 if ordered with the car.The main problem is the wiring harness and ballast that the HID requires, apparently it is not a simple changeout.

We already had approval to return my deposit from the other Dealer but the HID problem kept me from buying the car. There is such a huge difference in the appearance of the car with the HIDs.

Oh well, I almost had one in the garage today but I think I did the right thing to wait on the HID headlamps plus I will get my first choice of color Torch Red.

Also, I don't know if any of you have actually seen the Grabber Blue sitting outside in the sun but it is several shades lighter and very pale than what always appears in the photos and in the shade. I was a little disappointed with how pale the color was in person, it looked nothing like the color on the front of the brochure.

The car sold for full MSRP on the phone to a guy in Miami before I was out of the door. The money was being wired.

Steve

In a moment of weakness I almost bought a Grabber Blue 2010 off the lot this morning in lieu of the Torch Red I have on order. I would have been able to get my deposit back on my order with no problem. The Grabber blue is sitting on the local Dealers lot and he agreed to offer me almost as good a deal as the Torch Red I have on order.

The Grabber Blue did not come with the HID headlamps and part of the deal was to swap out the standard lamps with the HIDs.

What we found out this morning was that it is not simple and the Dealer said it would cost almost $2,000 vs the $525 if ordered with the car.The main problem is the wiring harness and ballast that the HID requires, apparently it is not a simple changeout.

We already had approval to return my deposit from the other Dealer but the HID problem kept me from buying the car. There is such a huge difference in the appearance of the car with the HIDs.

Oh well, I almost had one in the garage today but I think I did the right thing to wait on the HID headlamps plus I will get my first choice of color Torch Red.

Also, I don't know if any of you have actually seen the Grabber Blue sitting outside in the sun but it is several shades lighter than what always appears in the photos and not in the shade. I was a little disappointed with how pale the color was in person.

The car sold for full MSRP on the phone to a guy in Miami before I was out of the door. The money was being wired.

Steve

I like the blue, but it is really a niche color. I am sure the first runs won't sit on showrooms long.

I've had the same concern about the grabber Blue being very pale in color. When I saw a GT in grabber blue on a lot in the sun, the color looked great. Its not the same pale color that I have seen in the mags. My build date is this week 6/22. I ordered grabber blue and hope to see the car sometime in July. :shift:

Also, I don't know if any of you have actually seen the Grabber Blue sitting outside in the sun but it is several shades lighter and very pale than what always appears in the photos and in the shade. I was a little disappointed with how pale the color was in person, it looked nothing like the color on the front of the brochure.

Steve

shoulda got it.

The HID kit is probably cheaper from Tousley Ford than it is from factory on car...

Steve

and besides,evryone knows red ia faster.Sriusly though,mine is torch red and its alot nicer in person than the brochures.Whlei driving to get my new car last week, a GB GT passed me and my reaction was it was alot deeper in color than what Ive seen in brochures.I liked it,but thought it might be trickier eventually to sell than red

I've had the same concern about the grabber Blue being very pale in color. When I saw a GT in grabber blue on a lot in the sun, the color looked great. Its not the same pale color that I have seen in the mags. My build date is this week 6/22. I ordered grabber blue and hope to see the car sometime in July. :shift:

I can tell you first hand from my solid GB GT500 that the color is almost impossible to replicate in photos. The color is so saturated that it just can't capture very well. Kinda like Poppyseed Red on the MachIII Mustang concept back in 1992. So beautiful and different in person. Very flat in photos. GB is similar. The color makes me smile every time I look at it.

The red is killer too!!!

No he should not have due to the reasons he stated.

It is not a plug and play easy swap

what is involved -sounds like you researched? I mean I have pulled 32v motors and done header installs, clutch installs you name it.

If it can be done in the garage over a 6 pack then I am OK with it... It's therapy.

what is involved -sounds like you researched? I mean I have pulled 32v motors and done header installs, clutch installs you name it.

If it can be done in the garage over a 6 pack then I am OK with it... It's therapy.

Myself, the sales manager and parts manager spent about 20 minutes looking in to it this morning. You have to replace the wiring harness and add ballasts. Total cost for parts was $2,000, the factory installed cost is $525.

Steve

Myself, the sales manager and parts manager spent about 20 minutes looking in to it this morning. You have to replace the wiring harness and add ballasts. Total cost for parts was $2,000, the factory installed cost is $525.

Steve

wow that sucks.. You could do aftermarket for under 500.00

Sorry just trying to help you get your car because you could be having as much fun as I am with mine!!!

Yeah, I doubt that I would go with another color from what I have ordered...even if I could drive the GT500 home today. Best to just go with what you truly want - over the instant satisfaction of having a 2010 before most people do.

I have a bunch of Grabber Blue pics and I saw this effect on the color as well. I personally like it either way.

Archived