TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quick Story

As I put a deposit on my 09 Vista GT500 in CA. and I live in NY. For shits and giggles I went to my local Dealer who had a Red GT500 on the floor and I said to myself if he can make a close deal to what I paid for my 09 maybe I will purchase this one. I go there and within the first 30 seconds of looking around the car I see 2 nice little bubbles in the rear left stripe on the bumper. A customer sees me looking at it and comments, "That will take at least a $100 off the price". I turn and tell him that I would actually not purchase this car because of this. I show the dealer and he tells me of a body shop that I knew that they use that would fix it. But I'm sorry, I know it's not a Ferrari but I cannot start off purchasing this car knowing that someone ripped off the stripe and put back another. I would know this was done and as a Carpenter also would be looking extra hard to see if they lined it up right. Is there not any quality control at SVT?

So, you wouldn't buy the car if they re-did the stripe for you?

How do you know you'll be getting a "mint" Shelby from CA? What will you do if there's a problem with the stripe on the car you're getting from CA?

Actually bubbles in large decals aren't unusual, and in time they'll go away. when the guy put the hood blackout decal on my '70 Challenger it had little bubbles all over, I about passed out but he told me a few weeks of warm weather and they'll be gone, he was right .

It seems like they would be gone by now on an '09, but they will go away. I'd buy which ever one you can get the best deal on.

Your absolutely right. That scares me. But I saw this so it was out. I had a choice there, here I dont the price was too good. Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

So, you wouldn't buy the car if they re-did the stripe for you?

How do you know you'll be getting a "mint" Shelby from CA? What will you do if there's a problem with the stripe on the car you're getting from CA?

Archived