TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Buy 2010 and trade in 2007?

I have an 07GT500 tungsten gray with silver stripes, all stock except for borla stingers exhaust and a few billet interior parts. I love my 07, but have always liked the newest model, and feel like I am driving an old body style when the new one arrives.

Pros for 2010: nicer interior with more standard features, ie, steering wheel controls, better and more ambient lighting, larger NAV screen with more features, alcantra accents, and real aluminum, 40hp more, nicer rims, better clutch, no shudder (hopefully), a little meaner looking front end, and better handling.

Cons for 2010: not sold on rear end yet, still needs springs, still sits high in rear, cost, dont think interior materials are that much better, except alcantra, I am hearing still has wheel hop, and that rear end! (did see rear lower plastic valance painted on a custom grabber blue GT at local dealership, had GT500 lower valance, and did not look too bad, large plastic hood grille looks tacky, like my 2007 dual hood grilles better. 2007-2009 has a classic modern retro look, looks more muscular too me.

Choices, choices. What to do? Of course it is all personal preference, and monetarily speaking, but am on the fence. Do I pull the trigger, or do I start the mods on my car, ie, springs, 20" rims and tires, JLT CAI, pulley, and carbon fiber radiator shroud pieces, KR shifter and knob, etc. Maybe somehow put the 2010 seat covers on my seats in my 2007. ?

well, you can compare pros and cons, etc...but I think I would boil it down to one simple question to ask myself if I were you:

Does driving the 07 GT500 still make me happy?

Sounds to me like you still like the 07 GT500 a lot from reading your post.

don't see to many in that color combo!

I have an 07GT500 tungsten gray with silver stripes, all stock except for borla stingers exhaust and a few billet interior parts. I love my 07, but have always liked the newest model, and feel like I am driving an old body style when the new one arrives.

Pros for 2010: nicer interior with more standard features, ie, steering wheel controls, better and more ambient lighting, larger NAV screen with more features, alcantra accents, and real aluminum, 40hp more, nicer rims, better clutch, no shudder (hopefully), a little meaner looking front end, and better handling.

Cons for 2010: not sold on rear end yet, still needs springs, still sits high in rear, cost, dont think interior materials are that much better, except alcantra, I am hearing still has wheel hop, and that rear end! (did see rear lower plastic valance painted on a custom grabber blue GT at local dealership, had GT500 lower valance, and did not look too bad, large plastic hood grille looks tacky, like my 2007 dual hood grilles better. 2007-2009 has a classic modern retro look, looks more muscular too me.

Choices, choices. What to do? Of course it is all personal preference, and monetarily speaking, but am on the fence. Do I pull the trigger, or do I start the mods on my car, ie, springs, 20" rims and tires, JLT CAI, pulley, and carbon fiber radiator shroud pieces, KR shifter and knob, etc. Maybe somehow put the 2010 seat covers on my seats in my 2007. ?

IMHO The 2010 is far and away the best super pony car ever built looks and performance and they did do suspesion changes on the 010.

Cobra010

2007 is still a pretty new car, I would wait and see what 2011 brings, unless $$ grows on trees. If you get 3:73s, Intake, tune, pulley, CS rims for your '07, it will feel like a new car for the next 2 years. I like the Tungstens. Good luck.

2007 is still a pretty new car, I would wait and see what 2011 brings, unless $$ grows on trees. If you get 3:73s, Intake, tune, pulley, CS rims for your '07, it will feel like a new car for the next 2 years. I like the Tungstens. Good luck.

Thanks, if I do all of my mods, I will enjoy the car even more than I do now, I think. I am going to drive a 2010 in a week or so, when they arrive at the dealership locally. I guess if after driving it, it feels much different than my 07, and I have that, "I have to have it feeling", then it is a matter of making the best monetary deal. If I dont feel that way, I will keep mine, and enjoy it.

Here is my car as it sits currently, and a picture of how it will look with rims, springs, etc when mods are done. (second one is not may car, googled it)

post-5933-1245640056_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1245640076_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1245640056_thumb.jpg

post-5933-1245640076_thumb.jpg

Thanks, if I do all of my mods, I will enjoy the car even more than I do now, I think. I am going to drive a 2010 in a week or so, when they arrive at the dealership locally. I guess if after driving it, it feels much different than my 07, and I have that, "I have to have it feeling", then it is a matter of making the best monetary deal. If I dont feel that way, I will keep mine, and enjoy it.

Here is my car as it sits currently, and a picture of how it will look with rims, springs, etc when mods are done. (second one is not may car, googled it)

Like I said, that is a great color. Good luck with your decision. Personally I don't like modding brand new cars, but once they are a few years old, then the fun begins!

Like I said, that is a great color. Good luck with your decision. Personally I don't like modding brand new cars, but once they are a few years old, then the fun begins!

Sleestack, when I say modding, I mean to my 2007, NOT the 2010. I dont believe in modding new cars either, except maybe tinting the windows, and a 3M clear bra for the front. My car is 2 years old now, has 7500 gentle driven miles on it.

Sleestack, when I say modding, I mean to my 2007, NOT the 2010. I dont believe in modding new cars either, except maybe tinting the windows, and a 3M clear bra for the front. My car is 2 years old now, has 7500 gentle driven miles on it.

Yep, I know what you meant. 7500 miles? Sounds like a keeper till the next greatest thing comes out. See ya.

The 2007 and 2010 are two entirely different cars and it just depends on which you like better. Here is a short story that gives some perspective:

In 1967 when I was just a kid. I bought a brand new 1967 SS396 Chevelle in madeira maroon.I loved that car, the way it looked and drove.

Two years later the 1969 SS396 came out and suddenly my old "67" looked old and common compared to the new bodies on the 68 and now 69 chevelle.

So......I took the old gal in and traded he for a brand new Butternut yellow SS 396.

Now 40 years later I look back and realize that for me the 1967 SS 396 was by far the best looking body they ever put on a chevelle. If I were to go out and by one today it would be the 1967 not a 1969.

The 2007 thru 2009 GT500s are more retro than the new 2010 and I personally like the two domed extractor vents better than the 2010 I have on order. The bottom line is they are two different cars as will be the 2011. Own and drive what you like and are happy with and not what you think other people like.

Sorry for the long post, old guys tend to tell too many stories...There was this one time running against a 1965 GTO...........................

The 2007 and 2010 are two entirely different cars and it just depends on which you like better. Here is a short story that gives some perspective:

In 1967 when I was just a kid. I bought a brand new 1967 SS396 Chevelle in madeira maroon.I loved that car, the way it looked and drove.

Two years later the 1969 SS396 came out and suddenly my old "67" looked old and common compared to the new bodies on the 68 and now 69 chevelle.

So......I took the old gal in and traded he for a brand new Butternut yellow SS 396.

Now 40 years later I look back and realize that for me the 1967 SS 396 was by far the best looking body they ever put on a chevelle. If I were to go out and by one today it would be the 1967 not a 1969.

The 2007 thru 2009 GT500s are more retro than the new 2010 and I personally like the two domed extractor vents better than the 2010 I have on order. The bottom line is they are two different cars as will be the 2011. Own and drive what you like and are happy with and not what you think other people like.

Sorry for the long post, old guys tend to tell too many stories...There was this one time running against a 1965 GTO...........................

[/quote

War Eagle, I think the difference in the 2007-2009 vs 2010, is similar to the 1969 vs the 1970 boss 302. They were different looking cars, but still similar, and both nice in their own right. The difference to me is the interior and more interior options. Also, when I drive it, if I feel like, I have to have it, then I will probably buy it. If I do not feel that way, and feel that I like my 2007, then I will not buy the 2010. I do not care what anyone else thinks, just me, as I love mustangs period! I have never seen any ugly mustang! (well take it back, maybe the 1974-1978 was not so good).

Guest markham51

You could SSSSSupersnake it!

The Tungsten looks great in SS form.

08.JPG

08.JPG

Modify what you have, IMO. That 40 HP is easy to come by. Fixing the rear end of the '10 is a whole lot more difficult!

You own the future classic. Wait a few months, after the new has worn off the 2010's.

Ken

Archived