TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where are the tie down points on our cars?

I never trailered my car yet and was wondering where do we connect the straps on the car to hold it in place on a trailer?

Does anybody have pictures?

Thanks,

Chad

Chad,

I've used the following method to haul my SGT from KC to Vegas on a couple of "occassions"...

Here is the front:

post-8727-1245623035_thumb.jpg

Here is the view from the side (I tied-off the extra part of the strap to the outside of the trailer to prevent it from flapping against the side of the car):

post-8727-1245623046_thumb.jpg

And here is the rear:

post-8727-1245623056_thumb.jpg post-8727-1245623069_thumb.jpg

You do have to RAISE the front of the car in order for the front straps to not rub on the lower spoiler. And you have to be careful with the placement over the rear axle, so that you don't catch a strap on one of the fuel lines near the gas tank... Good Luck!

Gregg

07SGT0547

post-8727-1245623035_thumb.jpg

post-8727-1245623046_thumb.jpg

post-8727-1245623056_thumb.jpg

post-8727-1245623069_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gregg I see the slot on the front end and according to your description it wraps around the rear axle (and yes avoid the fuel lines). So there is not rear slots for the straps?

I'm bringing it to Tulsa in an inclosed trailer using the same style straps you had used.

Thanks

Chad

Thanks Gregg I see the slot on the front end and according to your description it wraps around the rear axle (and yes avoid the fuel lines). So there is not rear slots for the straps?

I'm bringing it to Tulsa in an inclosed trailer using the same style straps you had used.

Thanks

Chad

Chad,

I found nothing at the rear of the car that worked better than wrapping the straps over the axle... And when you cross the straps, it helps to keep the car from inching its way over to one side... Especially with the wind & buffetting using an open trailer... However, you shouldn't have any problems with that using an enclosed trailer... See you in Tulsa!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Same here, I use the front location as pictured in my enclosed. However, I go from the right side of the car to the left tie down on the floor of the trailer to cross the front and visa versa with the other side. With the floor tie down locations, the strap does not touch the front spoiler. This is how most enclosed are set up, so hopefully yours is the same. In the back, I also go over the axle. I use just one strap in the back, going from the floor tie down on the left, over the left side tube and back to the right floor tie down location. This works great for me.

Thanks Gregg and Jeff for the tips I will make sure I cross them in the front and back.

See Ya in Tulsa. :shift:

I would have just drove the car but I'm bringing something that wont fit in a Mustang and it also gives my buddy a vehicle to cruize around Tulsa in while I am at the track.

Archived