TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT/TC?

hey everyone, new to the team shelby and have a question. My finances will not budget the whole s/c registery stuff and was wondering what you guys thought of a hellion turbo setup. I have a somewhat local shop that is quoting me a really good price on the install and tuning. Could you all give some input? thanks in advance

Welcome to TS. If you dont care bout the registry mark, I say do it. I would love to put a Turbo on mine, but SAI says no endorsed turbo set up by them. Not now, not in the future.

Chris

the eprformance shop I'm dealing with have a good rep and have raced and been around for a while. I wanted to do the special that tasca was having but something came up. I do like the thought of the registry and will not ever sell my shelby unless my family is hungry but I don't have a mod shop near by if I do this setup I can net about the same numbers (hp) for a heck of alot less. Now as far as the fender stripe do you think I should leave that alone or change it to my liking?

are you going turbo for sure? how bout a Paxton Novi?

I thought about paxton early in the game but was having problems with shops telling me that they couldn't because of the emmisions oe. When I spoke to the shop I'm dealing with they said they would do what I wanted and by this time was considering anything I could use with my strut tower brace. When they mentioned the turbo kit, I did some research and thought that since nobody is doing them and they are so quiet that I would go that route. I like all power adders so please don't take this the wrong way. everything auto is way cool and putting shelby in the mix is cream on top.

Welcome, 932!! ...see what you think of this S-GT Exile Turbo Systems TT ...very clean factory-like look, imo, if you don't don't mind a low-mount install ...I like how the plumbing is virtually hidden and the turbos match-up with the existing heat-shields, etc. ...very stealth, imo ;)

very very clean!!! love that belly pan.

Yeah, that CF belly pan is cool :) Dunno anything about that car or the kit or if the pan is part of the kit. Nice numbers for a non-built 3V too, I think ...seems fairly safe.

well my performance shop told me they could get some really good hp/tq numbers on the dyno but we would probably back it off for daily use.They say if we put 19deg. total timing in it it would make somewhere around 480 at the wheels on 10lbs. of boost but to be a little safer they want to go with 16 deg. total timing on it with 10 lbs. which they think might put it somewhere around 450-460 atw. I want to be on the safe end because of my bottom end!

hey everyone, new to the team shelby and have a question. My finances will not budget the whole s/c registery stuff and was wondering what you guys thought of a hellion turbo setup. I have a somewhat local shop that is quoting me a really good price on the install and tuning. Could you all give some input? thanks in advance

Hellion is a good kit, I can save you a few $$$$ if your interested in a turbonetics kit?

Archived