TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Low tire pressure. How do I make it go away?

Fastbackman

I took my Shelby to the dragstrip on the 18'th. While I was there we took a little air out of the tires. I later put drag radials on for a while. After putting the stock rims and tires on and putting air back in my tires, I'm still getting low tire pressure on my information center. :banghead: Do I need to do something to make the code go away or should this have fixed itself after I added air to the tires? Thanks in advance!

I took my Shelby to the dragstrip on the 18'th. While I was there we took a little air out of the tires. I later put drag radials on for a while. After putting the stock rims and tires on and putting air back in my tires, I'm still getting low tire pressure on my information center. :banghead: Do I need to do something to make the code go away or should this have fixed itself after I added air to the tires? Thanks in advance!

I'm sure you already tried a reset on the info center via reset button. But I have to ask.

A humble guess it might require reteaching the sensors for each tire. from what I've gathered from posts here you go though a complete cycle for each of the tires to set the sensors. It may be that the sensor or sensors are located in a different orientation now which might be giving you this issue. Or if you ran with the sensors disconnected it might have locked a fault in that needs a hard reset. I'm sure your Ford dealer can do whatever is needed for the sensors. I'm just humbly speculating hope you get a quick solution to your issue.

Yes, I tried a reset of the info center but will try again tomorrow when I take the kids to school. Carnut, I too thought maybe just a few key cycles would do, but I've driven it quite a few times since then and it still hasn't gone away.

Fastbackman, It will retrain itself if you drive a continuous over 20mph for a few minutes!

Stock air pressure on coupe is 35psi and 32 psi for convert. Get a very good gauge if you do not have one then just drive it as above.

If you still have a problem I will post the diagnosis pages

Don't know if you've checked yet or not; but make sure all 4 tires are equally pressurized. If you aired the backs up to the recommended 35psi but the fronts are at 30psi the warning light will stay on. When I had my puncture, we checked all the tires. The system reset itself within 1/4 mile of driving.

Also when I got home from the strip last week, I made sure all 4 were equalized and the system reset; again in less than 1/2 mile of driving.

Hope it's that simple for you. Let us know.

All tires are aired equally and I've reset the info center again. The problem is still there. I'm wondering if the tires got swapped when we put the street tires back on.(right on the left and left on the right). I don't know if this would have any effect or not. I've driven long continuous trips since then, so if it was going to retrain itself, it should have done it by now. Thanks for all the suggestions. My internet is down right now and I'm on someone elses computer so I may not be on much today, but I'll check back as soon as I get my connection fixed.

All tires are aired equally and I've reset the info center again. The problem is still there. I'm wondering if the tires got swapped when we put the street tires back on.(right on the left and left on the right). I don't know if this would have any effect or not. I've driven long continuous trips since then, so if it was going to retrain itself, it should have done it by now. Thanks for all the suggestions. My internet is down right now and I'm on someone elses computer so I may not be on much today, but I'll check back as soon as I get my connection fixed.

And yes there is a rotation on the TPMS

Unhook the battery for a while. It resets the ECM. I'm not sure if it'll help the sensors but it won't hurt anything else.

bj

Thanks TT. Sounds like I probably need to swap the wheels from one side to the other. I'll also try unhooking the battery VNMOUS1. Thanks for the help!

Let us know if that works...sounds like not only can't you move wheels/tires front to back, but side to side either?

Thanks for the post TT. Suppose it might be worth getting one of those tools if one is planning to road race with multiple sets of tires (or just live with the stupid warnings and lights, I know :finger: )

Archived