TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my vin# today

As far as the window sticker goes click below.

Window stikcer

You can see your estimated build date, but you cant get any information anywhere about delivery dates even if you call the president.

Amen to that! Getting it built was not a problem for me but whether or not I will ever get it is something else. I wonder if they forgot about it, seems like all they are shipping is new units.

Cobra010

As far as the window sticker goes click below.

Window stikcer

You can see your estimated build date, but you cant get any information anywhere about delivery dates even if you call the president.

This is the message I got:

We are temporarily unable to retrieve an online window sticker for this vehicle. Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please contact the help desk for this web site.

We are temporarily unable to retrieve an online window sticker for this vehicle. Please try again later.

Make sure you put the exact Vin# case and all.

Cobra010

Nope same message

You can also try this:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

Copy and paste it into your browser address bar and then paste your full VIN at the end - then hit enter.

I could be wrong but I thought it might take a few days after you actually get your VIN for the window sticker to show up.

You can also try this:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

Copy and paste it into your browser address bar and then paste your full VIN at the end - then hit enter.

I could be wrong but I thought it might take a few days after you actually get your VIN for the window sticker to show up.

Be patient, I had my VIN for almost 2 weeks before my Window sticker was available online...

I didn't get a window sticker until the week of build, which was last week. I had a vin# for a month and a half. delivery scheduled for june 30.

Oh and I did not have to enter all caps when getting sticker, just type it in when it gets close to your build date, the dealer should be able to tell you when that is since you have a vin.

The way it has been working is that your window sticker will not appear until a few days before your car is built.

new to forum i ordered mine on 3/17/09 still no vin and no one can help me :banghead:

Wow...that's troublesome to say the least. Sounds like your car might be parked next to Cobra010's at the ford plant. His was actually built in early March and he still hasn't received it. He did get a VIN however. I would definitely be all over my dealer at this point for a VIN. 3 Months later? Come on. Perhaps another member can give you some names and numbers of some people that might help you within Ford. Sorry to hear about your long wait for your car.

new to forum i ordered mine on 3/17/09 still no vin and no one can help me :banghead:

IMO id be looking at buying one of the cars on ebay at MSRP--Im sure more will be showuing up on dealers fllors soon.Also, might PM Michael Morris and see if hes getting more in--if you dont have a VIN yet something seriuos is wrong

IMO id be looking at buying one of the cars on ebay at MSRP--Im sure more will be showuing up on dealers fllors soon.Also, might PM Michael Morris and see if hes getting more in--if you dont have a VIN yet something seriuos is wrong

I know what you are saying. Before I got my vin# the other day, I contacted this seller on ebay and offered MSRP. He said that he wanted to see what the auction would bring. Nobody on this site should feed into the greed! MSRP or less should be what we set as a rule. So far no bids on this one. Sit tight and wait for your vins and builds, but also look at what's already been shipped and available too, but don't pay over MSRP!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Shelby...17%7C240%3A1318

You can look for it about 3 to 4 weeks after build.

Cobra010

Cobra--any new info--i posted a reply how to contact Mulally.Id be willing to write a note fro you to send him if youre too mad to write one.Ill need info on dealer,order date,promises,VIN and any other info, like previuos Ford products owned, working at a Ford dealer etc--send me a PM if youd like me to write a personal note.Ill send one back to you and you can print it and mail it Fedex.Ive got to get rid of the guilt i feel about me getting a car before you.bob

hey just out of curiousity, what was your priority code grabber blue?

I dont know. The dealer told me that it was a lottery system. I never won anything in my life, but was happy to get a vin#.

dealer communication prior to getting my vin:

"I was told today that Ford is starting to schedule Shelby . It is a wierd random group number pattern as I am told as to how they are doing it. This week they will schedule#1-50 and next week 51-100 and so on. The dealers that get the #s are picked at random so I will not know when yours hits. But the good news is they are scheduling and moving. As soon as I hear something a little more specific I will let you know."

Cobra--any new info--i posted a reply how to contact Mulally.Id be willing to write a note fro you to send him if youre too mad to write one.Ill need info on dealer,order date,promises,VIN and any other info, like previuos Ford products owned, working at a Ford dealer etc--send me a PM if youd like me to write a personal note.Ill send one back to you and you can print it and mail it Fedex.Ive got to get rid of the guilt i feel about me getting a car before you.bob

Thanks Bob,

Don't feel that way, it's certainly not your fault. Just like my little story I wrote about sometime ago, that was not meant to be directed at the owners but the management in this case FORD! I feel FORD has got to be aware of the unhappy campers out there and in my opinion, should have sent us a letter and explained why we have not received our vehicle and when we will. However, I have decided there is nothing I can do but upset myself and fuel ill feelings among my brother Cobra owners so I am attempting to maintain moderately low tones. My dealer has asked me to come back to work (sales consultant) but I am putting that off until a resolution to this situation. Once I am employed by them again I become tail of the list.

Thanks again,

Blessings,

Cobra010

Archived