TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Team Shelby Member will Be the Last to Receive

Cobra010

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is dark, and the car is dirty, so these pics are far from perfect, but I had to post them. Will post more detailed impressions later. In brief, it is AWESOME. The supercharger kicked in about half way home and made me laugh like a kid. Wasn't as dirty as I expected (I told dealer NO prep whatsoever). No real blemishes or other defects so far. No problem with 1-2 shift. Pumpkin, etc. VERY rusty

1st to 2nd thing only happens if you're trying to quick shift at a relatively high RPM. Don't try that for a while.

It's been my personal experience that the childish laughter tends to hang on for quite some time. I'll let you know when/if it goes away! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Picked up my GB with white stripes yesterday morning as well! Talked to Cobra010 as well on the phone yesterday, lots of people coming over to look at it! Stopped at my office on the way home from the dealership, 15-20 people came out to look and are universally in awe of the quality and looks of the car.

Had to drive about seven continuous miles to get boost and over 4k RPM, then it was on. Did 125 mph in a remote area; handling, power and braking superb (and I road race a heavily modified 95 Cobra R). Ford engineers absolutely hit this one out of the park. Did 3-4 standing starts up to 100 plus; no problems shifting 1-2 (or any other) and zero axle windup. This was with in Sport Mode and "all off" on the active handling.

Got the car detailed at home yesterday between numerous visits by friends and neighbors ALL DAY LONG. I have modified every car that I have ever owned and can't think of a single thing to do with this car (OK, maybe a smaller blower pulley and a tune). Braking spectacular in several 110 plus down to 30 uses. Acceleration nearly the equal of the 640 engine horsepower whippled 2003 Cobra that I sold for this car.

Fit and finish is great, much better paint than I ever saw on the Dearborn produced Mustangs/Cobras. Love the shift knob too!

Mark

Picked up my GB with white stripes yesterday morning as well! Talked to Cobra010 as well on the phone yesterday, lots of people coming over to look at it! Stopped at my office on the way home from the dealership, 15-20 people came out to look and are universally in awe of the quality and looks of the car.

Had to drive about seven continuous miles to get boost and over 4k RPM, then it was on. Did 125 mph in a remote area; handling, power and braking superb (and I road race a heavily modified 95 Cobra R). Ford engineers absolutely hit this one out of the park. Did 3-4 standing starts up to 100 plus; no problems shifting 1-2 (or any other) and zero axle windup. This was with in Sport Mode and "all off" on the active handling.

Got the car detailed at home yesterday between numerous visits by friends and neighbors ALL DAY LONG. I have modified every car that I have ever owned and can't think of a single thing to do with this car (OK, maybe a smaller blower pulley and a tune). Braking spectacular in several 110 plus down to 30 uses. Acceleration nearly the equal of the 640 engine horsepower whippled 2003 Cobra that I sold for this car.

Fit and finish is great, much better paint than I ever saw on the Dearborn produced Mustangs/Cobras. Love the shift knob too!

Mark

Ok, other then that,did you really like the car??Congrats and liked the review

Well picked her up about 2 hours ago and what a sweet ride.

I had an 07 and this car is so much better....ride, road noise,

clutch and the sound system is better also. This baby rocks..... :happy feet:

Will post some pix later...... :shift:

User name.........VIN............Build........State

Baby Gorilla.......119647.......6 May.......VA

Cobra010..........104196.......9 March.....GA

greggara...........106351.......6 May........MA

zeindog.............11578?........7 May........NJ

Still Intense.......105907........5 May.......SC

goldgus.............121521........3 June.......NJ

Fred13..............113190........8 May........TX

So I guess its just me and Fred13 left?

So does this mean I WIN! :rolleyes:

Well picked her up about 2 hours ago and what a sweet ride.

I had an 07 and this car is so much better....ride, road noise,

clutch and the sound system is better also. This baby rocks..... :happy feet:

Will post some pix later...... :shift:

CONGRATS Fred!!!

I concur with just about all of you, this car needs NOTHING done to it... OK, So I ordered a set of redline hood lifts, cause the prop rod SUCKS, and I have opened the hood about 100 times to show people already. I'm having my local paint shop spray the brackets KONA so they blend right in to the car. Will post pics next week when its done.

Glad to see have a few more guys have received their cars. I had an update earlier in the week of scheduled delivery at the dealer of this week. Double checked (I know you guys would have too) and the car is still sitting on a ramp at AA waiting for the train. :banghead:

They do not know when it will be picked up and shipped. They guessed maybe another 2-3 weeks before delivery. Damn!

I had just arranged to have my '88 GT Vert restored so now I won't even have that.

Anyway I am glad that all the guys who have waited so long are finally getting their cars.

Regards,

Jim

Glad to see have a few more guys have received their cars. I had an update earlier in the week of scheduled delivery at the dealer of this week. Double checked (I know you guys would have too) and the car is still sitting on a ramp at AA waiting for the train. :banghead:

They do not know when it will be picked up and shipped. They guessed maybe another 2-3 weeks before delivery. Damn!

I had just arranged to have my '88 GT Vert restored so now I won't even have that.

Anyway I am glad that all the guys who have waited so long are finally getting their cars.

Regards,

Jim

Hang in there it is worth the wait.....

Was going to get the dealer to resale my but he did not want to....

So after driving for 32.5 miles.....I know she is a keeper.....

CONGRATS Fred!!!

I concur with just about all of you, this car needs NOTHING done to it... OK, So I ordered a set of redline hood lifts, cause the prop rod SUCKS, and I have opened the hood about 100 times to show people already. I'm having my local paint shop spray the brackets KONA so they blend right in to the car. Will post pics next week when its done.

YEP....THESE CARS ARE GREAT ! :drool:

My wife wants mine for a daily driver.... :hysterical:

I may let her :doh:

So does this mean I WIN! :rolleyes:

I thought everyone in Joisey was a Winner!!Looks like it though,with Cobra getting his,and goldgus,i think its you--too bad--you'll forget it all when you turn off the TC and hit the floor and see black streaks behind you

I thought everyone in Joisey was a Winner!!Looks like it though,with Cobra getting his,and goldgus,i think its you--too bad--you'll forget it all when you turn off the TC and hit the floor and see black streaks behind you

Jersey sucks. The dealer closest to me received two and the dealer I went to 15 miles away is still claiming HID issues/delays. Throw me a tissue.

All depends on how you look at it? If you go by the total wait time well.....

But since I got my Baby I will be glad to vote for you! :happy feet:

Hope you get it soon. :lurk: :happy feet:

Cobra010

I may win because my car is not in New Orleans like I was told by the dealer Salesman. My car is still at Flat Rock awaiting Shipment. According to the new car sales manager all the GT's including the Shelby's were put on hold because of a brake issue. He did recieve some GT's he had on order from February. He does think mine will be here next week but I doubt it. It is going to take longer than a week once it leaves the plant to get to Mississippi. So that just about does it for me I could care less if I ever get the car. As many issues that they have had to fix it probably all scratched and dinged up anyway. This week has not been good for me and I may just go get my money back and forget about the whole thing.

I may win because my car is not in New Orleans like I was told by the dealer Salesman. My car is still at Flat Rock awaiting Shipment. According to the new car sales manager all the GT's including the Shelby's were put on hold because of a brake issue. He did recieve some GT's he had on order from February. He does think mine will be here next week but I doubt it. It is going to take longer than a week once it leaves the plant to get to Mississippi. So that just about does it for me I could care less if I ever get the car. As many issues that they have had to fix it probably all scratched and dinged up anyway. This week has not been good for me and I may just go get my money back and forget about the whole thing.

Isaid,

Feel you pain man! I had an update from the dealer on Tuesday that my car was released for shipment with an ETA at the dealer of this week. I called the Ford customer service number and the guy tells me the car has been released for shipping but is still sitting in Flat Rock waiting for the train. To say I was disappointed is an understatement, but on the basis of the reviews of all the guys that have received their cars it will be worth it and as time passes we will forget all the aggravation in waiting for it to arrive (maybe). It is even worse as I sold my beautiful black 2005 GT coupe to make room for this one, 4 years 28,000 miles only rained on twice (misread the weather those 2 days).

One other tidbit from the customer service rep at Ford, when it does arrive at the rail yard and is to be loaded on the truck there are only 2 spots in the back of the carrier where it can be loaded due to ride height so if he doesn't have a full load to your dealer that can also delay the delivery by a day or so.

Stay with it, I am sure it will be worth it when it comes.

Kind regards,

Jim

PM SENT

Sorry to hear all your problems :cry: but I would ask you to do one thing. If you get your money back find you a car on a lot or somewhere and buy it, it is 1 awsome car and you will be mad at yourself if you don't get it. JMHO

Cobra010

Isaid,

Feel you pain man! I had an update from the dealer on Tuesday that my car was released for shipment with an ETA at the dealer of this week. I called the Ford customer service number and the guy tells me the car has been released for shipping but is still sitting in Flat Rock waiting for the train. To say I was disappointed is an understatement, but on the basis of the reviews of all the guys that have received their cars it will be worth it and as time passes we will forget all the aggravation in waiting for it to arrive (maybe). It is even worse as I sold my beautiful black 2005 GT coupe to make room for this one, 4 years 28,000 miles only rained on twice (misread the weather those 2 days).

One other tidbit from the customer service rep at Ford, when it does arrive at the rail yard and is to be loaded on the truck there are only 2 spots in the back of the carrier where it can be loaded due to ride height so if he doesn't have a full load to your dealer that can also delay the delivery by a day or so.

Stay with it, I am sure it will be worth it when it comes.

Kind regards,

Jim

Thanks Guys for the encouragement I'm just a little frustrated about this whole process. I think I'll Just keep waiting I know it will eventually make it to Mississippi. The wife and I are going on a road trip when ever the car gets hear. The late delivery might actually work better for my trip time to, so I'm going to chill and try to be patient. Guys keep posting your experiences and impressions of the car I love hearing your comments about these Babies.

Archived