TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Team Shelby Member will Be the Last to Receive

Cobra010

Ok, now that we have got the first to receive and all that jazz out of the way let's concentrate on who hasn't received theirs yet and get no help or information from anyone. Sorry but there are sevral of us out there, wish someone who has the authority to find out something would try to help Shelby Members out.

Cobra010

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the email I sent to the dude that always see sitting behind the glass wall and in front of a computer all day at my dealer.

My name is Tom xxxxxx. I ordered a 2010 Shelby Kona w/ Silver Satin stripes on April 23rd. Can you use your seniority to find out the VIN or vehicle order confirmation (DORA). These cars are rolling now to buyers and several already have them in their garage at home. I don't want to be a pain, but <dealer name removed> is a leading specialty performance dealer of Mustangs. I thought you guys might have some pull with the plant or use your computer system to figure out where my car is. I've been patient and will continue to be.

Best Regards,

Here's the email I sent to the dude that always see sitting behind the glass wall and in front of a computer all day at my dealer.

My name is Tom xxxxxx. I ordered a 2010 Shelby Kona w/ Silver Satin stripes on April 23rd. Can you use your seniority to find out the VIN or vehicle order confirmation (DORA). These cars are rolling now to buyers and several already have them in their garage at home. I don't want to be a pain, but <dealer name removed> is a leading specialty performance dealer of Mustangs. I thought you guys might have some pull with the plant or use your computer system to figure out where my car is. I've been patient and will continue to be.

Best Regards,

That was nicely done, however I am past the patiently waiting part and will not be patient.

Cobra010

User name.........VIN............Build........State

Baby Gorilla.......119647.......6 May.......VA

Cobra010..........104196.......9 March.....GA

greggara...........106351.......6 May........MA

zeindog.............11578?........7 May........NJ

Still Intense.......105907........5 May.......SC

goldgus.............121521........3 June.......NJ

Fred13..............113190........8 May........TX

Cobra010, I think it's going to be between me, you, zeindog, Still Intense, and Fred13. Sounds like goldgus and greggara have theirs on the way. In terms of build-to-delivery, you will almost certainly win (or lose, depending how you look at it). I am getting closer to just starting the whole process over with MM or another dealer. My deposit is only $500.

User name.........VIN............Build........State

Baby Gorilla.......119647.......6 May.......VA

Cobra010..........104196.......9 March.....GA

greggara...........106351.......6 May........MA

zeindog.............11578?........7 May........NJ

Still Intense.......105907........5 May.......SC

goldgus.............121521........3 June.......NJ

Fred13..............113190........8 May........TX

Cobra010, I think it's going to be between me, you, zeindog, Still Intense, and Fred13. Sounds like goldgus and greggara have theirs on the way. In terms of build-to-delivery, you will almost certainly win (or lose, depending how you look at it). I am getting closer to just starting the whole process over with MM or another dealer. My deposit is only $500.

Hey Baby G.

Sorry I haven't answered you some how missed your post. Yeh, sounds reasonable to me. I will let you know if by some stretch of the imagination these 2 cars happen to arrive at the same time I only want 1 :headscratch: What color and options did you order coupe or convert?

Good Luck Buddy :happy feet:

Cobra010

See my signature. Kona blue coupe with silver stripes. Only options are HIDs and car cover. Actively searching dealers in my area and will buy one off the lot if the price is right (I am kind of flexible on color). There are four or five within 100 miles of me, but they are either verts or a color I really don't want. My guess is that I will find one before mine arrives.

I feel your pain, brother. Keep me posted.

You guys probably saw my vent under one of the other entries. Suffice it to say though that this is completely unacceptable and unprofessional on the part of Ford. No information available from the dealer or the Ford Customer Service line. Car sitting at the assembly plant for over 45 days now. Being told that the ETA is between July 11 and July 18th, which would be nearly 11 weeks after it was built. To add insult to injury, people whose cars were built in June have already received them.

I'm going to the dealership today. If they can't get me an answer, then I'm getting my deposit refunded. As much as I love this car, it just isn't worth the aggravation any more.

I hear you, I ordered early and thought it would be neat to have one of the first around but now that all these newer builds are coming in sooner than mine its getting really aggrivating. I wish there was someone that could give me an answer, and I agree this is totally unacceptable.

Rpretzel a long time member on here will top all of you with his wait for his 07. :finger:

You will be in the dark until you get the phone call from your dealer saying your car just showed up. The dealers usually have no idea. Brings back alot of memories of riding through my local dealer 3-4 times a day.

Hang in there.

I just did the same thing buddy! Here is what the yo-yo said at Ford Customer Service: "Your imported car has been released by the plant and is due to arrive at the dealership on July 18th". Hey thanks for all of your help half-wit. It did no good to explain to her that since the 2010 Shelby GT500 is built in Michigan, it's not imported, and therefore I would appreciate it if she would find out the real info and let me know.

Can't believe the amount of money that Ford spends on these folks and gets ZERO results.

Also went to other dealerships today. The cars are already spoken for, they want 10k over MSRP, or they don't have an allocation. Good luck, I really hope that you find one. Funny thing is, if we ordered a completely new car today, then we would probably get it before the one that we ordered months ago.

Well, guess what? I found out that my car is built and awaiting shipment!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:

I've started over. I'm currently contacting the delaers in my area to see if they have any on the lot. I will take anything remotely close to what I ordered.

There is a silver lining to these clouds, if they had of shipped as they should we would not have made anywhere near the posts we have and speaking for myself met some long distance friends.

Cobra2010

There is a silver lining to these clouds, if they had of shipped as they should we would not have made anywhere near the posts we have and speaking for myself met some long distance friends.

Cobra2010

That's is some good optimism!!

Even though I switched my 2010 order and got the 09, I still come into the 2010 forum a few times a day to see if you and the other early orderers have received any word on your cars...

Godspeed on those Shelbys please!! These guys have gone through enough, come on Ford get it together... Give them some straight answers... Grrr!! Err, I mean Hiss!!

That's is some good optimism!!

Even though I switched my 2010 order and got the 09, I still come into the 2010 forum a few times a day to see if you and the other early orderers have received any word on your cars...

Godspeed on those Shelbys please!! These guys have gone through enough, come on Ford get it together... Give them some straight answers... Grrr!! Err, I mean Hiss!!

OCD,

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, this thing has almost become a soap opra without the smooching?? :cry: As I have said before the worst we have to worry about is getting a $50K automobile while a lot of our boys are in combat situations wishing for a cold coke and a hamburger.

Blessings,

Cora010

....Here is what the yo-yo said at Ford Customer Service: "Your imported car has been released by the plant and is due to arrive at the dealership on July 18th"....It did no good to explain to her that since the 2010 Shelby GT500 is built in Michigan, it's not imported, and therefore I would appreciate it if she would find out the real info and let me know....

Also went to other dealerships today. The cars are already spoken for, they want 10k over MSRP, or they don't have an allocation. Good luck, I really hope that you find one. Funny thing is, if we ordered a completely new car today, then we would probably get it before the one that we ordered months ago.

Well, at least they gave you a date. Even if it's completely false (and there is a good chance it is), it is still more than I have been able to get. If my car was delivered by July 18, I would be overjoyed. I hope that is true for you.

I got that "foreign plant" explanation one time from Ford. When I said "It's a Ford produced in Flat Rock, Michigan," the rep indignantly said "Well, not all Fords are produced in America, sir." :banghead: I found out on this or another forum that once the cars are produced, they go across the street to the Mazda plant for striping and possibly some other detailing. Therefore, it shows up on the non-thinking rep's screen as "foreign plant."

I contacted every dealer with a 100 mile radius of my ZIP code; that's 27 Ford dealers in the greater D.C. region. There are a total of about five 2010 GT500 coupes on the lots that are not spoken for. The closest I got was two separate Kona blue with white stripes and no HID (I ordered Kona blue with silver stripes and HIDs). One dealer wanted $2,500 over MSRP, the other wanted $1,000 under MSRP. I will go see the one for $1,000 under and will buy it if it looks good. I can deal with white instead of silver and can add the HIDs later.

By the way, it is incredible to me that I know more about this car than ANY of these dealers, and these are high volume dealers in a major metropolitan area. I think that even if I ordered again now, the car would not arrive until at least September, so I don't want to go that route.

Either way, I will have a car soon.

By the way, spoke to a dealer in Maryland who just got two delivered yesterday (unfortunately, both are retail orders and are already sold). We spoke for a while, and I found out one was built in March and one in April. I asked him the condition of the cars since they had been sitting at the Flat Rock plant for a while. He said they were "quite dirty but should clean up well, including being clay-barred." I'm not sure that makes me feel good.

Cobra2010

Amen, Cobra010. My post count is way higher than it otherwise would have been. :salute:

Someone needs to send an email to Alan Mulally. From everything I've read, he is supposed to be a good guy leading Ford in the right direction. I have an '08 and come on to the 2010 Section every now and then to check new owner photos and what not. All I can say is that I would be losing it :banghead: if I had ordered one several months and watched while others receive their's before me. As one of their most expensive and successful cars, a polite letter to Alan Mulally detailing the poor costumer service experience from Ford corporate and the dealers should be a must. If they want to turn this thing around, he needs to know about the total BS from Ford. If no one else volunteers, I'll do it and I don't even own nor did I order a 2010.

The response I received in my dreams last night was "Sorry, but Ford discontinued all SAP development and support and we can't pull a realtime update from the line; we are now receiving updates via punchcard and Telex."

I guess working at World Wide Volkswagen in the mid-80's made an impression on me. :confused:

Someone needs to send an email to Alan Mulally. From everything I've read, he is supposed to be a good guy leading Ford in the right direction. I have an '08 and come on to the 2010 Section every now and then to check new owner photos and what not. All I can say is that I would be losing it :banghead: if I had ordered one several months and watched while others receive their's before me. As one of their most expensive and successful cars, a polite letter to Alan Mulally detailing the poor costumer service experience from Ford corporate and the dealers should be a must. If they want to turn this thing around, he needs to know about the total BS from Ford. If no one else volunteers, I'll do it and I don't even own nor did I order a 2010.

It would be much appreciated by me if you are willing to do that, you may refer to me and my lost Grabber Blue with white stripes if need be, I am relatively certain Baby G., Intense and a few others would welcome it also.

Thanks

Cobra010

Someone high up at Ford already knows about it and admitted to me that this whole delivery and notification system is absolutely broken.

If you guys remember, I mentioned in a post a couple of weeks ago about meeting a very senior person at Ford in the dealership where I ordered my Shelby. I told him about my problem, and he offered to help (he is also a huge Mustang fan).

Just so you know, that person was Steve Ling, who is THE car marketing marketing manager for FoMoCo. He was very helpful and honest.

And oh by the way, regarding Cobra010's comments about our servicemen being happy with a cold coke. He's right! But I was one of those servicemen (Marines) for 20 years, with 3 combat tours (Desert Storm, Somalia, and Iraq), and I want my Shelby that I worked hard for, and not be jerked around by Ford............

:angry2: :rant::soapbox: Not to add fuel to an already raging fire, but yes, I blame FoMoCo for the "jerk-off" we are all getting. The dealers can only convey what Ford's systems tell them, and I do not blame my dealer at all for this. I spoke to Ralph Arning on June 4th, he was on the line with me for a bit, and he told me my car was in line to be picked up and put on a rail car. Then my dealer was notified that delivery was to be on June 18th. Made sense, right? 14 days after shipping. I was ecstatic, and rightfully so. Then we received an update. Which said, make that June 22nd. OK, a few more days, no problem, hey I ordered this thing in March. So the 22nd and then 23rd, come and go, and now I'm getting extremely impatient, so I ask my dealer: What can you tell me? (and yes, psycho that I am, visited the dealer, sort of like a "stake-out" - 4 times in those 2 delivery days). :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Very long story short: I call Ralph Arning again, my car is still in Flat Rock, MI, waiting to be put on a train for the "around the world" journey to New Jersey. Now he says, you should get your car in 10-14 days. :doh:

You know what, its all a load of crap, :fan: they have NO REAL INVENTORY OR TRACKING SYSTEM. My bet is, that if you work for them, any car can "disappear" for a while - and they would never know it. A sad state of affairs, its why eventually all of our US auto makers will be owned by foreign companies. I wish all of you a better experience, and that we should all be driving our Shelby's soon... Goldgus

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

And oh by the way, regarding Cobra010's comments about our servicemen being happy with a cold coke. He's right! But I was one of those servicemen (Marines) for 20 years, with 3 combat tours (Desert Storm, Somalia, and Iraq), and I want my Shelby that I worked hard for, and not be jerked around by Ford............

Thanks for your service to our country! I didn't mean anything derogatory quite the contrary I am a Vietnam Vet myself, been there done that . I was attempting show how unimportant in the big scheme of things this stuff is. I want mine very much as well been ordered since December built since March.

Semper Fi

Cobra010

It would be much appreciated by me if you are willing to do that, you may refer to me and my lost Grabber Blue with white stripes if need be, I am relatively certain Baby G., Intense and a few others would welcome it also.

Thanks

Cobra010

Heres some contact info for Mulally

Alan Mulally

CEO 1 American Rd.

Dearborn, MI 48126-2798

http://www.ford.com

Phone: 313-322-3000

Fax: 313-845-6073

Ive had very good luck sending snailmail to CEOs.Make it nice and to the point.Then usually an Office of the Chairman person will call you soon.I have one contact who worked directly for him--hes in not in US and ill have to wait till tonight to get him and see if he'll give me email.But id do a Fedex snail mail and give them a link to this site,and this thread

Archived