TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Team Shelby Member will Be the Last to Receive

Cobra010

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I called the Maryland branch twice during the day today. Also no answer. They must have heard that we are on the warpath and are either hiding under their desks or driving our cars. :shift:

spoke with Cobra today--he did talk with Alled and his car is there.He also told me you need to tell them your calling from the dealership--and they'll say,use your computer system for status,and you say its down,and you have a customer thats been waiting and wants to know if the car is there

OK, OK, I am officially OUT of the contest... Picked my car up at 5PM today, and have been driving ever since. Just got in and put her to bed. I have a slew of pics and will post them tomorrow. I must have had 20-30 people drive up alongside and give a thumbs up, everyone loves these things, and when I stopped for a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee, there were folks all around asking questions, just plain LOVING this beast. Many of them thanked me for buying American, feels good...

AND, When you all take delivery... and trust me on this one, When you reach that magical mileage when the BOOST comes on - HOLY FREAKIN SH!!!!T. It is simply amazing, the car has balls in every gear. Handles like its on rails, and the brakes are awesome too. NO complaints, the car is perfect. And Kona/Silver is really beautiful if I say so myself...

OK, OK, I am officially OUT of the contest... Picked my car up at 5PM today, and have been driving ever since. Just got in and put her to bed. I have a slew of pics and will post them tomorrow. I must have had 20-30 people drive up alongside and give a thumbs up, everyone loves these things, and when I stopped for a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee, there were folks all around asking questions, just plain LOVING this beast. Many of them thanked me for buying American, feels good...

AND, When you all take delivery... and trust me on this one, When you reach that magical mileage when the BOOST comes on - HOLY FREAKIN SH!!!!T. It is simply amazing, the car has balls in every gear. Handles like its on rails, and the brakes are awesome too. NO complaints, the car is perfect. And Kona/Silver is really beautiful if I say so myself...

Congrats! Did the boost kick in after 5 miles or 50 start-ups like the manual says?

Congrats! Did the boost kick in after 5 miles or 50 start-ups like the manual says?

It was at about 7 miles (non-stop). The car had 24 miles on it when the trucker dropped it off today, I was there to see it get unloaded, and waited while the dealer prepped it up and gave it a quick wash. Then I drove it to the Sunoco (with the dealer) to give her the first dose of Ultra 94... YEE HAW!!!

Sounds terrific, Goldgus. :happy feet: Great description of your first day with the Shelby! Makes me so anxious to get mine...come on Ford give me my car soon! PLEASE! :shift:

Really looking forward to the pics!

Congratulations Gus,

Sounds like you are really in Love with your new Stallion. Hope it gives you many care free miles of fun and service.

Blessings,

Cobra010

It was at about 7 miles (non-stop). The car had 24 miles on it when the trucker dropped it off today, I was there to see it get unloaded, and waited while the dealer prepped it up and gave it a quick wash. Then I drove it to the Sunoco (with the dealer) to give her the first dose of Ultra 94... YEE HAW!!!

let us know how the tower brace fits when you get a chance

User name.........VIN............Build........State

Baby Gorilla.......119647.......6 May.......VA

Cobra010..........104196.......9 March.....GA

greggara...........106351.......6 May........MA

zeindog.............11578?........7 May........NJ

Still Intense.......105907........5 May.......SC

goldgus.............121521........3 June.......NJ

Fred13..............113190........8 May........TX

So I guess its just me and Fred13 left?

Hey everyone,

Update from the dealer is that the car has been released and is supposed to arrive this week. It is Wednesday so not hopeful for that but maybe next week.

CaptJim88..........124272...........Jun 4............NY

Order was placed on March 18.

It is great to see that the cars are delivering, who will be the last???

Regards,

Jim

NOPE! Mine was received by the trucking company two days ago in Jessup, Maryland at the rail yard. That's less than an hour from my house and from the dealer.

WHERE IS MY F#&%ING CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby G. read my latest post on my problems. They have 72 hours from the time it hits the terminal to get to the dealer, found that out today from the driver.

Blessings,

Cobra010

Hey guys talk to my dealer and my car has made to the ramp in New Orleans. So depending on how they are unloaded onto the trucks my car could show at the dealer any time. It is only about 100 miles from there to the dealer. Getting close this should be a good week for sevral of us. :happy feet: :happy feet: :shift::shift:

Hey guys talk to my dealer and my car has made to the ramp in New Orleans. So depending on how they are unloaded onto the trucks my car could show at the dealer any time. It is only about 100 miles from there to the dealer. Getting close this should be a good week for sevral of us. :happy feet: :happy feet: :shift::shift:

Isaid,

Learned something this morning when mine didn't come in if your dealer doesn't call and tell them it is a Hot one it just fits in line as they have them on their list.

Cobra010

Mine was built May 8th has made it to New Orleans, I should have mine tomorrow or Friday.

Isaid,

Learned something this morning when mine didn't come in if your dealer doesn't call and tell them it is a Hot one it just fits in line as they have them on their list.

Cobra010

They had told me once it got to New Orleans they could expedite it, but this morning it sounds like whenever it gets loaded it gets loaded. :headscratch:

Isaid,

Cobra010

Good to hear, my dealer told me last week he already notified the ramp that my car is "hot" so hopefully the train gets there soon :happy feet:

They had told me once it got to New Orleans they could expedite it, but this morning it sounds like whenever it gets loaded it gets loaded. :headscratch:

Is it at the terminal? If it is there to be loaded on a truck, your dealer definitely can call and tell them it is a Hot one and they will get it going.

Cobra010

Just emailed my dealer. It has now been 48 hours that the car has sat 25 miles from me. :banghead:

Hey I will tell you another little trade secret I learned this morning they were going to let me go pick it up at the terminal myself. The reason I didn't go is they put this scare tactic on me that if I accept the car and there is something physically wrong that is found at the dealership they can't hold the shipper liable. Also dealer has to prepare a letter signed by Boss man to accompany you authorizing the release.

Al

Hey I will tell you another little trade secret I learned this morning they were going to let me go pick it up at the terminal myself. The reason I didn't go is they put this scare tactic on me that if I accept the car and there is something physically wrong that is found at the dealership they can't hold the shipper liable. Also dealer has to prepare a letter signed by Boss man to accompany you authorizing the release.

Al

Yea I definitely would not go pick it up, I would let them do the normal transit evolution even it it takes a couple extra days. That keeps all the liability where it needs to be on them.

UPDATE:

My car is in! Just got an email from my dealer. Will pick it up after work, about 6:30. It will be dirty, but I'll post pictures ASAP.

Congrats! Enjoy! look her over good for any problems and psot pic ASAP.

So once all of the above receive their cars - can we start a new one with all of us in the second wave of the waiting game? :dreamy:

UPDATE:

My car is in! Just got an email from my dealer. Will pick it up after work, about 6:30. It will be dirty, but I'll post pictures ASAP.

GOOD FOR YOU BABY G!!! Go bring that beast home...

Kona Rules!, Oh and its the fastest color from what I'm told...

:bowdown:

It is dark, and the car is dirty, so these pics are far from perfect, but I had to post them. Will post more detailed impressions later. In brief, it is AWESOME. The supercharger kicked in about half way home and made me laugh like a kid. Wasn't as dirty as I expected (I told dealer NO prep whatsoever). No real blemishes or other defects so far. No problem with 1-2 shift. Pumpkin, etc. VERY rusty

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

Archived