TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Team Shelby Member will Be the Last to Receive

Cobra010

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK guys, my dealer called this morning. My car left on the train at 2200 on Saturday, the 27th. Due at the dealer on most likely Monday, July 6th. This would be 61 days after build....

BabyG and Cobra 010 (and others): my guess is that the early build cars have finally been loaded and shipped. I don't think that my car was the only one shipped, as they probably did their best to ship all the cars before their plant closure. We'll see when I get the rail car number (if).

You guys are NOT going to believe this BS! See above post first.

Dealer called today: car is in fact loaded on a rail car: ETTX851547, along with three other cars for my dealer. Only problem is that it's still sitting at Flat Rock due to "conveyance mechanical failure" (in other words, the train broke-for the last three days!) Can you believe this crap? Just how broken is Ford and this process? So instead of a delivery date of next week, its now due at the END of July (nearly 3 months after it was built). And before someone states that it's the railroad and not Ford: stuff it, because Ford contracts for it and chose them as their transport.

Soooo, I told the dealership and the Ford Marketing Rep that I met that either that frigging car is here next week or I'll call every media outlet that I can think of and tell them the entire story about how a struggling American auto maker can't even manage to ship a car so that they can get their money for it.

I'm done being patient and I'm done being nice.

Dealer called today: car is in fact loaded on a rail car: ETTX851547, along with three other cars for my dealer. Only problem is that it's still sitting at Flat Rock due to "conveyance mechanical failure" (in other words, the train broke-for the last three days!) Can you believe this crap? Just how broken is Ford and this process? So instead of a delivery date of next week, its now due at the END of July (nearly 3 months after it was built). And before someone states that it's the railroad and not Ford: stuff it, because Ford contracts for it and chose them as their transport.

Soooo, I told the dealership and the Ford Marketing Rep that I met that either that frigging car is here next week or I'll call every media outlet that I can think of and tell them the entire story about how a struggling American auto maker can't even manage to ship a car so that they can get their money for it.

cant they ship it by truck--or even a local dealer,where youd have the great joy of dring that beat back to SC

I am also done being patient, and I am pissing Vinegar.

Thats interesting info... When MY dealer spoke to the rail yard trucking company (Cooper Transport), they told us that Ford found a "NEW" issue with the cars and ordered them all returned back to AAI for "fixing". Yours tells you that the choo-choo is broken? Its all a load of crap, NOBODY knows for sure whats going on. I do know that some guys cars are coming in today, a few arrived yesterday, etc. My car was supposed to have been shipped on 6/7. I've had delivery dates (from Ford) of 6/18, 6/22, 6/26 and now the car is back at the factory??? Not only that, I "closed" on my auto loan, due to the impending delivery (HA!) and my dealer has been paid already for this car. I am left with my ass in the breeze... I opened a complaint with the Ford Customer Service line (Florida) at 1-800-392-3673, and they assigned me a case number and said a Ford Rep would be back in touch within 2 business days. They show my WARRANTY start date as 6/12/09!!! Nice!, Where is the F-IN car???

I am with you guys and in the same situation May 7th build and no info, I am done being patient and am about to just buy one off ebay. All these cars that are showing up have build dates after mine and I am tending to believe that maybe they had a bad run of vehicles and cant get them fixed or they just dont give a crap about them and are getting to them when they can. I feel bad for my dealer because he has done everything he can and is at the mercy of the almighty Ford plant. This is the worst experience ever in trying to get a car, and cant believe a company as big as Ford can manage to screw it up.

I am with you guys and in the same situation May 7th build and no info, I am done being patient and am about to just buy one off ebay. All these cars that are showing up have build dates after mine and I am tending to believe that maybe they had a bad run of vehicles and cant get them fixed or they just dont give a crap about them and are getting to them when they can. I feel bad for my dealer because he has done everything he can and is at the mercy of the almighty Ford plant. This is the worst experience ever in trying to get a car, and cant believe a company as big as Ford can manage to screw it up.

I feel for you guys... This sucks. Car is a lot of fun.

I wonder if the cars that are built first are last to leave?

I can't imagine that Ford wants to sit on its profit/revenue...

Here's to you guys waiting :cheers

Several responses here:

1. That's what I told the Ford Car Marketing Manager: put the GDed car on a truck and get it here by the end of next week, or this WILL become a media story.

2. Like Zeindog, I am now shopping other dealerships/sources. Much easier than dealing with this, and none of these cars have been sitting out in the open for the last sixty days.

3. Also, like Zeindog and GoldGus, I'm starting to think that the first run cars are probably lemons and Ford is trying to unscrew them. Makes me even less inclined to wait for the one I have ordered.

All in all, one of the most broken, excuse laden, CFs that I've ever seen. I'm almost excited to see what will happen next in this ongoing tragedy.

Goldgus: by the way I have the printout from the dealer's "Track a Vehicle" report. It states my car as being: "In Transit", "Delay-Conveyance Mechanical Failure (Canadian National Railways)", "Vehicle Location Flarock, MI", "Status Date/Time Jun -30-2009, 00:39 ET" and "ETA Jul-27-2009".

But I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out that its another vehicle QC problem with the early build cars. I don't trust Ford with information any more.

Several responses here:

1. That's what I told the Ford Car Marketing Manager: put the GDed car on a truck and get it here by the end of next week, or this WILL become a media story.

2. Like Zeindog, I am now shopping other dealerships/sources. Much easier than dealing with this, and none of these cars have been sitting out in the open for the last sixty days.

3. Also, like Zeindog and GoldGus, I'm starting to think that the first run cars are probably lemons and Ford is trying to unscrew them. Makes me even less inclined to wait for the one I have ordered.

All in all, one of the most broken, excuse laden, CFs that I've ever seen. I'm almost excited to see what will happen next in this ongoing tragedy.

TOO BAD Ford is not reading all this negative press.... that is if they care.

Cobra010

Cobra010: I can guarantee you that at least one senior Ford Executive knows about this and is trying to do what he can (even though this really isn't his job). I blistered him today....

Too late for me ......the dealer is going to sale mine to someone else.....

Facebook update:

Patrick Hespen at 9:02am June 29

Tom, the 2010 Shelby GT500 is in full production, and they're heading out to dealers. The 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 has the highest customer satisfaction rates of any Mustang in Ford's history, and the engineers want to ensure that the 2010 is received at an even higher level. I'll gladly share your feedback with them so they can continue to refine the Shelby GT500, just like they did for 2010. Patrick Hespen - SVT Communications

Read it here and post it up!!

Total Bullsh$%. Corporate feel good circle jerking.

By the way, when asked today by a couple of Ford employees what they needed to do to make me happy, I said "there is nothing that you can do", you have already lied to me and violated my trust in you. And you can't just get it back....

Tomorrow will be interesting though. Standby for further follies. I stuck some pokers in people's eyes today just to see what would happen. I'm all about revenge at this point.

Total Bullsh$%. Corporate feel good circle jerking.

By the way, when asked today by a couple of Ford employees what they needed to do to make me happy, I said "there is nothing that you can do", you have already lied to me and violated my trust in you. And you can't just get it back....

Tomorrow will be interesting though. Standby for further follies. I stuck some pokers in people's eyes today just to see what would happen. I'm all about revenge at this point.

Exactly. I start of with 100% trust with everyone, but once they screw up or lose a bit of that trust it's going to take a long long time to gain it back! Maybe that's why it's taken 16 years to get back into a Ford. I'm starting to regret it and I'm not even driving one - just keyboard tuning this site and Youtube for Shelby goodness.

So, the subject of this thread, "who will be the last to receive", who among us is still waiting other than Cobra 010 and myself? I know that Baby G's is inbound, mine is stuck in a rail car at Flat Rock, and Cobra 010's original order is whereabouts unknown.

Could it be that I'll win this thing? Anyone else with an early build still waiting? Zeindog?

So, the subject of this thread, "who will be the last to receive", who among us is still waiting other than Cobra 010 and myself? I know that Baby G's is inbound, mine is stuck in a rail car at Flat Rock, and Cobra 010's original order is whereabouts unknown.

Could it be that I'll win this thing? Anyone else with an early build still waiting? Zeindog?

Dude, my car is actually "missing"... Factory shows it as "delivered". The truckers say its back at the factory, still waiting to be picked up. Ford Customer service says they show my warranty start date as 6/12. Oh, and the dealer has their check from the bank already too. Thats nice FORD, where is the :censored::censored: car you freakin idiots????

OK, so it sounds like the the 5 amigos are still in play: Still Intense, Zeindog, goldgus, Cobra010 and fred13.

Fred, you still count even if you sell it.

Gus, that is so bad, I just want to laugh. Unbelievable.

You guys are great to have mutual bit%^ sessions with!

Here's some more news: while typing this, my dealer called and said that the car was in Delta, Ohio. WTF? Yesterday it was stuck at Flat Rock....I just don't know what to expect anymore. If Ford called and said that the car was picked up by an alien spacecraft, I would not be the least surprised.

OK, so it sounds like the the 5 amigos are still in play: Still Intense, Zeindog, goldgus, Cobra010 and fred13.

Here's some more news: while typing this, my dealer called and said that the car was in Delta, Ohio. WTF? Yesterday it was stuck at Flat Rock....I just don't know what to expect anymore. If Ford called and said that the car was picked up by an alien spacecraft, I would not be the least surprised.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::banghead::banghead::banghead::finger::finger::finger:

I don't know if my order is old enough to qualify for this competition as ordered on 3/18. Supposedly the car was built on June 4th, and has cleared all quality checks and is in the lot awaiting shipment.

I will let you know if and when it arrives.

Regards,

Jim

Wow, I was just told my car was picked up by an alien spacecraft too!

:alien: :alien: :alien:

I wonder if our cars are on the same spacecraft, or different ones. Did they give you the # of the spacecraft it was on, because once we have that we can track it, right???

Hey, don't count me out yet. I'm still technically a loser too. There is A LOT of time and distance between Ohio and D.C. PLENTY of opportunity for screw ups before it gets to my garage.

Archived