TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which Team Shelby Member will Be the Last to Receive

Cobra010

Thank you! I am going to call this afternoon.

Of course be nice- in your call, and you might get thru-i do think though if you all with the oldest cars sent a real pleasant note about your experience to Mulally right now, youd get a more effective response.Try the phone, but having worked for a verylarge company (ATT), and been on a staff job once at headquarters, incoming calls can be routed around,but letters are nubered and tracked for response.Maybe do both.But if he gets a number of notes within a few days he'll respond.Maybe you guy could come up with a spokesmen and Ford could just respond back to one person,making it easier for them.Just say in your note your trying to make it easier for them, and they can contact XXX in their response.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Called this am and was told it would be here by July 4th.......lol

I will be the last one......what will I win.....lol

Who did you call? Honestly, if I get my car by July 4th, I will be OVERJOYED (and surprised).

Tried to call Alan Mulally. For some reason, they wouldn't give me his number :headscratch:

This is a paraphrased transcript of the call:

Ford Operator: What is the nature of your call?

Me: Well, I and several others have these GT500s that have been sitting in a lot undelivered for two months.

Ford Operator: Your best bet would be to call Ford Customer Service or contact your dealer.

Me: They are both completely useless.

Ford Operator: You could write a letter.

Who did you call? Honestly, if I get my car by July 4th, I will be OVERJOYED (and surprised).

Tried to call Alan Mulally. For some reason, they wouldn't give me his number :headscratch:

Me: Well, I and several others have these GT500s that have been sitting in a lot undelivered for two months.

Ford Operator: Your best bet would be to call Ford Customer Service or contact your dealer.

The letter will work--it will be tracked and answered,then youll get a call--try it

I have drafted a letter to Mr. Mulally. When I get home, I will post a copy here to get the input of others before I FedEx it.

Great i will read it and give you my coments you could PM it too.bob

XXXXX Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx Xxx

Xxxxxxxxx, Xxxxxxxx XXXXX

(XXX) XXX-XXXX

xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

24 June 2009

Alan Mulally, President and CEO

Ford Motor Company

1 American Road

Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Dear Mr. Mulally:

My name is Xxxxxxx X. Xxxxxxxxx. I am unofficially writing on behalf of several loyal and dedicated Ford customers. We all ordered 2010 Shelby GT500s around March 2009. Our vehicles were built the first week of May (some much earlier than that). As far as we can tell, none of these have shipped, and no one can give us any reliable information on when they will ship. They have apparently been sitting on the lot in Flat Rock for almost two months now.

We have become incredibly frustrated with the complete lack of information provided to us by our dealers and by Ford Customer Relations. We all understand that there has been more than one material hold and quality assurance issue with this model. We accept that and appreciate that Ford will not release an imperfect car.

However, we do not understand and do not appreciate that no one can explain why scores of GT500s have been delivered with VINs much lower and much higher than ours. Surely there is someone, somewhere who can tell us when we can expect our cars. GT500s that have been built in June have been or are being delivered, while ours, built for two months or more, remain outside on the lot, collecting dirt, with no delivery in sight.

Our dealers tell us to check with Ford, and Ford tells us to check with our dealers. Our frustrations are apparent across all the major online Mustang forums, including at the following link: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44563. Is there anyone at Ford who can help us?

Respectfully,

Xxxxxxx X. Xxxxxxxxx, M.D.

VIN: 1ZVBP8JS1A5119647

I called 800-392-3673 .......

XXXXX Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx Xxx

Xxxxxxxxx, Xxxxxxxx XXXXX

(XXX) XXX-XXXX

xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

24 June 2009

Alan Mulally, President and CEO

Ford Motor Company

1 American Road

Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Dear Mr. Mulally:

My name is Xxxxxxx X. Xxxxxxxxx. I am unofficially writing on behalf of several loyal and dedicated Ford customers. We all ordered 2010 Shelby GT500s around March 2009. Our vehicles were built the first week of May (some much earlier than that). As far as we can tell, none of these have shipped, and no one can give us any reliable information on when they will ship. They have apparently been sitting on the lot in Flat Rock for almost two months now.

We have become incredibly frustrated with the complete lack of information provided to us by our dealers and by Ford Customer Relations. We all understand that there has been more than one material hold and quality assurance issue with this model. We accept that and appreciate that Ford will not release an imperfect car.

However, we do not understand and do not appreciate that no one can explain why scores of GT500s have been delivered with VINs much lower and much higher than ours. Surely there is someone, somewhere who can tell us when we can expect our cars. GT500s that have been built in June have been or are being delivered, while ours, built for two months or more, remain outside on the lot, collecting dirt, with no delivery in sight.

Our dealers tell us to check with Ford, and Ford tells us to check with our dealers. Our frustrations are apparent across all the major online Mustang forums, including at the following link: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44563. Is there anyone at Ford who can help us by telling us when are cars will arrive,and where they are.We're thinking that there must be some kind of total system problem thats causing info issues,thats why we want to bring it to your attention,as the CEO.

Respectfully,

Xxxxxxx X. Xxxxxxxxx, M.D.

VIN: 1ZVBP8JS1A5119647

Excellent well written note--see my suggestions below.Id fedex it to him--ill see if i can find the chief marketting guys name as well, you could send a copy to him/her too. When you are done, send me a copy--i do have an ace in the hole,who worked directtly for Mulally--ill see if he would send him your note bby way of email.--bob

Id add in the middle some where--"We are a dedicated group of Ford owners, many of whom have owned Shelbys,and are very excited about the new model, and do not mind paying $50,000 for a true performance car made in the USA.But you can see from comments on sites like teamshelby.com, that the current situation is causing Ford to lose an excellent.loyal customer base."

Id also make sure to give all your contacts,and tell him youd appreciate a call,since your close to cancelling your order,as are others

Sounds good hopefully you will get an answer, although I can forsee us getting our cars sooner than that.

I am now hoping that I will have it by the end of July. Just sent the following email to my dealer:

I am quickly losing what little patience I have left regarding the 2010 Shelby GT500. It has been sitting outside in Flat Rock, Michigan for almost two months. Ford tells me that it was scheduled to arrive at my dealer on 22-28 May. Obvioulsly, it has not. Their records have not been updated since 29 May, which in itself is pitiful. Most of the blame lies with Ford for not providing dealers like you with accurate information. However, I do not believe there is no one at your dealership who has some sort of way to find out where my car is or when I can expect delivery.

I expect a call or email response.

I am now hoping that I will have it by the end of July. Just sent the following email to my dealer:

I am quickly losing what little patience I have left regarding the 2010 Shelby GT500. It has been sitting outside in Flat Rock, Michigan for almost two months. Ford tells me that it was scheduled to arrive at my dealer on 22-28 May. Obvioulsly, it has not. Their records have not been updated since 29 May, which in itself is pitiful. Most of the blame lies with Ford for not providing dealers like you with accurate information. However, I do not believe there is no one at your dealership who has some sort of way to find out where my car is or when I can expect delivery.

I expect a call or email response.

Dread the thought,but is it possible they got the car in and sold it

Agree. Extremely doubtful that they sold it. They really are so jacked up that no one knows where the car is at, outside of the plant. I have had six different delivery dates; the current one is 8 July or so. They started in late April......what a joke.

I told my dealer that if he didn't want me to take back my deposit, then he had better get some information, and freakin right now. That's how I got the 7 July date. The called the delivery ramp in my state, which called the loading ramp at Flat Rock, resulting in that information.

Bottom line is that if you push them hard enough, they'll do what they have to do to figure it out. But the information is still questionable.

How bout this one...

Here is a car, EXACTLY same options, color, etc as my order. SAME build date, LATER VIN, and its at a dealer, in California, on the showroom floor for $10K OVER MSRP. But has a best offer button on EBAY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Ford-M...A317|240%3A1318

I say we all go on individually and put in offers starting at $3-4K UNDER MSRP and piss them off.

I had a delivery date of 6/6, then 6/18, then 6/22, then Tuesday of this week Arning tells me its still in the lanes to be picked up and put on a train. Now he says should be here by 7/3, latest 7/6. Its a crapshoot at best, and my blood pressure is through the roof.

No VIN for me yet and it's been since April 23rd. Dealer is up Roush's ass that they have no clue how to handle a SVT Ford or know how to get more information. Maybe I should order snow tires and have the dealer put them on when it arrives. The option is to just get a Pontiac G8 so I can also by a Honda Odyssey for the kids.

Just received email from my dealer:

Michael:

Good news! Bryan was checking on your order early this morning and it was released yesterday to the rail yard! This usually means about 10 days to the dealership. It has not been assigned a railcar as yet, but it should be out by Monday. It is railed to Jessup, Maryland and then transported to the dealership. I have instructed everyone to keep the vehicle as received for your inspection.

I forward the updates as I receive them. Have a great weekend!

Steve

Status

Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status ETA

In Transit ReceivedRail (Auto Warehousing) Ramp 51, Auto Alliance, MI Jun-25-2009, 08:30 ET May-22-2009

Awaiting Shipment Released Autoalliance International Inc Jun-25-2009 May-22-2009

In Production Produced Autoalliance International Inc May-07-2009 May-22-2009

In Production Body Shop Autoalliance International Inc May-06-2009 May-22-2009

In Production Sent to Plant Autoalliance International Inc Apr-28-2009 May-22-2009

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (May-06-2009) Autoalliance International Inc Apr-20-2009 May-22-2009

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week of May-04-2009) Autoalliance International Inc Apr-02-2009

I'm not getting my hopes up, because:

1. Many on this forum have been told similarly, only to be disappointed (including "Ramp 51" which is probably like Area 51).

2. The ETA still says 22 May 2009.

3. My sticker indicates shipment by convoy, not rail.

Again, my dealer has actually been fine through all this B.S. It seems that the main problem lies with Ford.

Archived